• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: North London Derby- Saturday 5th March, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounce-Back-Ability

As @celestis said he is a top keeper. It should have been a comfortable save but a tricky one none the less.

My general point is it's good to see us hitting shots like that. Our shots to frequently are the striking equivalent of "the keeper done that for the cameras".looks nice on TV but but probably not the most effective way of dealing with it.
Meh! As long as they score, I guess we shouldn't care if they scuffed it or it goes in off the corner flag, right?

I'm just being fussy, I suppose :eek:ops:

Really good performance despite we didn't get the result we needed. The team showed what they didn't show in the last two months : collective intensity and bottle. If we had this attitude before we'd be in a strong position now. Don't know if we can catch Leicester but let's juste take care of ourselves, play well and get results.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Here's an excellent article - Le Grove's post match report.

Positive vacuum masks the bigger picture
http://le-grove.co.uk/2016/03/06/positive-vacuum-masks-the-bigger-picture/

Nail on head:

Conversely, it is these ‘vacuum results’ at home to Utd, Bayern and Leicester and away to Olympiakos and yesterday to a lesser extent, which mask what has been a massively underwhelming season. Throughout the term there has been a lack of any discernable style or vision of how we want to play – we aren’t quite a counter attacking side, not quite a pressing side and not a possession side either. We have definitely suffered from the loss of Cazorla and since losing him, we have muddled through. In part, this is a personnel issue with no other player (save for Wilshere) apart from Santi able to dictate the play from deep. We are also unbalanced by a lack of wide playmaker too – I think Wenger’s preference is (and always has been) to have a bombastic winger in the mould of Alexis or Oxlade supplemented by a more tactically astute player (a Mahrez for instance) to balance the side, relieve pressure from Özil and crucially be another outlet to retain the ball. It sounds perverse, but Arsenal lack ball playing midfielders, which doesn’t fit the media driven adage of the club stockpiling diminutive ball hoggers.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When our players were crowding the ref to tell him that Dier should be sent off, Mertesacker actually came over and told our players to stop crowding him.

Unbelievable, we're too nice.

Mertesacker deserves a slap for that.

Look at our recent captains - Mertesacker and Arteta - the nice guys.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Well I guess City should consider their season a success now that they've won their Carling. It's silverware, after all.
FA Cups are cherries, not the cake. THE LEAGUE! That's the goal and the aim. It's only when you've no chance of winning it that you console yourself with an FA.

Would any of us care if we never won an FA cup again if we were guaranteed a league cup every 3 years? Or a champions league in the next 5 years? I doubt it.

When you pose a ridiculous hypothetical like that, sure we'd all take Premier and Champions League titles. I'm pissed they've squandered a great chance to win the league this year, but the FA Cup still means something. If we go to the cup final again this May, don't watch. I will.

Sp**s fan here. That was an exciting match, as these always seem to be. These days are when being a fan is just plain fun, even if the result was more disappointing for me than most arsenal fans.

Everyone saying Sp**s are average.... I think what you are seeing is how thin we are in a couple positions. Kane is amazing but has to be tired. More important than that though is vertonghen being out. wimmer is just not near his level. I'm glad that their next few league games should be relatively easy and am hoping that verts is back in time for Liverpool. If he is, I think Sp**s have a very good shot at the title.

Goon-Ger

All in all I was happy enough with the draw on Saturday but I would say the title is now beyond us. We realistically need to win ALL our remaining games and hope Leicester start to drop points aswell.

I have more faith in Leicester dropping points than I do in clawing back the deficit.

Good to see Sanchez back in amongst the goal though, hopefully he will kick on again now for the remainder of the season.

What a glorious chance at the title this year squandered with a lack of overall squad depth.

General

Established Member
Their subs were cowardly, if you're suppose to be a top team and a goal up against a 10 man Arsenal team your first two subs should not be a DM and a LB.
I think the problem was more to do with the playing approach they adopted after the sending off. It was the usual Tottenham inferiority complex. Glen Hoddle made the point that when you're playing against ten men, you leave 2 on 1 and stretch the play. This means wide men stay wide and keep the width. It's something we did poorly against Leicester and I've only seen Mourinho's Chelsea execute this to devastating effect. I seem to recall them overpowering us with ten men a few years ago.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I think the problem was more to do with the playing approach they adopted after the sending off. It was the usual Tottenham inferiority complex. Glen Hoddle made the point that when you're playing against ten men, you leave 2 on 1 and stretch the play. This means wide men stay wide and keep the width. It's something we did poorly against Leicester and I've only seen Mourinho's Chelsea execute this to devastating effect. I seem to recall them overpowering us with ten men a few years ago.

We used to do the same to many teams back in the day. How many times have we went down to 10 men and still managed to win comfortably? I think it's down to personnel rather than tactics. Mourinho is the only high profile manager I know who'd park a bus against 10 men.

The Scums will forever be in our shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom