• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Promotion & Relegation

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Slightly disappointed by Hull's relegation, but I suppose it was inevitable given their pre-season situation:

"Only simpletons and people who are financially rewarded by the Allams will place the blame for this train wreck anywhere else than at their feet. It was Ehab who drove out the club’s most successful manager ever, who let us start the season with barely enough senior players to play a five-a-side game and then waited until January before taking action to give us any hope of at least trying to fight relegation.

Playing in the Championship isn’t the worst part of relegation, no, the worst part is the decrease in likelihood of the club being sold, leaving us with the dreadful Ehab, a man with no love of the club or football, no integrity, no ability to see beyond his own ego and avarice, who is content to carry on his father’s work of transforming a beloved community enterprise into a soulless husk, a generator of revenue streams, a player trading exchange, a content provider."

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2017/05/things-we-think-we-think-256/

Last edited:

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Meanwhile, the owners continue their attempts to rebrand the club 'Hull Tigers' even though the FA rejected the proposal 2 years ago.

"Hull City held its awards ceremony last night, and our congratulations to those who received recognition for their efforts throughout 2016/17: Brandon Fleming, Josh Tymon, Sam Clucas and Harry Maguire, the latter picking up a pair of awards each. Congratulations to all.

But what’s this on the trophies themselves?

It’s “Hull City Tigers”!

Which is very strange, because a fans’ committee was told, with a straight face last week, there “it is not the policy of the Club to not use Hull City”.

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2017/05/it-is-not-the-policy-of-the-club-to-not-use-hull-city/

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I remember that controversy - surely the owners should concentrate on assembling a team that can compete on the field first before worrying about the club's international branding :rolleyes:

I don't understand owners like those of Hull, Blackpool and Charlton at all. How do you expect to make money if your team cannot compete to stay up and even lacks the requisite number of players?

Who will want to buy your club when it's busy free-falling through the divisions and will require a ton of cash to repair the damage?

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Stoke, Swansea and West Brom to go down.

Wolves, Bristol and Fulham to come up. Wolves have been good under Nuno, almost knocked out Man City in the Carabao Cup as well and will probably win the Championship. Bristol play attacking football so would be nice to have a team that actually wants to play rather than Cardiff who will always park the bus and try to break legs. I want Fulham because one more London team means less travelling. Also Chelsea vs Fulham should be fun.

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Today Sunderland got relegated from the Championship to the 3rd division. Back to Back relegations for them while Newcastle will be looking to finish in the Top Half of the PL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Brighton still not safe, 2 draws in a row now. West Ham, Huddersfield, Swansea & Saints all need points. 8th May could be crucial, Swansea vs Southampton, they both then play Stoke & City at home on the last day 13th May. I hope Hughes goes down!

Last edited:

Stannis

Live shots coming in from the Britannia Stadium

knbSRu4.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who would even want to support Stoke, they’re surrounded by ****. It’s not just the Ramsey stuff they do the same to Utd with Munich and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that it’s the same with Liverpool.

Shame Arnautović isn’t going with them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So even if West Brom beat Sp**s here seen as Swansea play Southampton if they get a point away at Bournemouth Brom are down.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom