• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game - just watched the first half now.

I'm really disappointed with the Ox - he barely got on the ball. Almost invisible. I just don't think the lad has it in him...

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I woke up this morning remembering that it was international week. It occurred to me that Theo performed quite well so Allardyce would select him. I hope I'm wrong but it's a feeling I can't shake.

Most of our set plays seem rubbish. I'd give Giroud a go when he's on as forwards usually have a better idea of where the ball needs to be played.
Giroud or Koscielny is the only threat we have from corners, and heading the ball is the only useful thing and the only way Giroud can score a goal, so why would you want him to take corners

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ha ha ha haaaaaa. No it's not and I'm not Harry Kane's PA either! I was thinking back to the days when Henry would take a set piece. I also like to mix things up.
Except Henry was never amazing in the air. Giroud is a pretty good head of the ball. Most ridiculous and bizarre logic I have ever seen to put your tallest best header of the ball on the set piece as the kick taker. Worst idea ever. Sorry but it is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Except Henry was never amazing in the air. Giroud is a pretty good head of the ball. Most ridiculous and bizarre logic I have ever seen to put your tallest best header of the ball on the set piece as the kick taker. Worst idea ever. Sorry but it is.
Giroud misses quite a few from corners. Take him out occasionally and move the oppositions focus. Our conversion rate is poor from corners anyway. No harm to mix it up-I didn't say make a permanent thing. If predictability is your thing then fine,leave Giroud in there.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Giroud or Koscielny is the only threat we have from corners, and heading the ball is the only useful thing and the only way Giroud can score a goal, so why would you want him to take corners
That's a bit harsh on Giroud imo. As I've said in a previous post,mix it up. Giroud misses loads and our delivery is shocking. Let him have a go-nothing wrong with a bit of variety. Of course,we can let Cazorla,Özil or whoever keep floating them in for the GK to catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom