• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Prediksi-Watford-vs-Arsenal-17-Oktober-2015.jpg

Head-to-Head

9iduqjI.jpg

Recent Meetings
qcKKRxz.jpg

Predicted lineups:

Watford: (3-1-4-2 formation): Gomes; Cathcart, Prödl, Britos; Behrami; Amrabat, Guedioura, Capoue, Holebas; Deeney, Ighalo.

Arsenal: (4-2-3-1 formation): Cech; Bellerin, Holding, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Xhaka; Alexis, Özil, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Giroud.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicalRozza

I really would like Bielik to get some minutes as we are not signing a cb and see how the Xhaka Elnenny partnership works.

remains

Not the ideal fixture for our fabled bounce back. You know it's desperate times when you are relying on Giroud to score.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Be interesting to see what happens with Giroud, if he starts over Alexis then AW is basically admitting Alexis is the CF we need.

Should have given Akpom a chance, won't happen now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Holding Koscielny Monreal
Wilshere Xhaka
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Giroud
Yep, Giroud is still starting for us in 2016. We have to win to stay only 5pts behind at the International break. :lol:

STYLEZ

Cech
Bellerin Holding Koscielny Monreal
Wilshere Xhaka
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Giroud
Yep, Giroud is still starting for us in 2016. We have to win to stay only 5pts behind at the International break. :lol:

Ffs not international break already is it.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Watched Watford last week. I liked how they play and their structuring of the game. Another manager bringing something to the table. PL getting more and more interesting.

Hope we play our best line up with Özil, Giroud and Elneny starting.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I wish I could do away with these international breaks, at least back in the day one could point the finger at them & claim they were disrupting our rhythm, sadly our football is not even on par as it once was.

I honestly have no confidence we'd be able to turn it around like Chelsea did on the weekend, we currently just don't have what it takes to grab the game by the scruff its neck & see it to its conclusion.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
------------------Cech
Bellerin-Holding-Koscielny (c)-Monreal
----------Wilshere-Xhaka
Walcott----------Özil------------Alexis
------------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Chambers, Elneny, Coquelin, Cazorla, Chamberlain

FinnGooner

Established Member
Be interesting to see what happens with Giroud, if he starts over Alexis then AW is basically admitting Alexis is the CF we need.

Should have given Akpom a chance, won't happen now.

Wenger has seen Akpom in pre-seasons and in practice for quite some time now. He has had the chance to convince Wenger but hasn't done so. We're playing for three points here and we're already 5 behind the leaders. This is not a time for leaps of faith and desperate experiments.

We have more than good enough team to beat Watford away. It's not a question of the quality of any individual player. However, if the collective effort is not there we're screwed. Time for a solid team effort and hopefully the coaching staff gives the tools for the players to provide that.

I think we'll win 2-0. Giroud and Alexis to score.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger has seen Akpom in pre-seasons and in practice for quite some time now. He has had the chance to convince Wenger but hasn't done so. We're playing for three points here and we're already 5 behind the leaders. This is not a time for leaps of faith and desperate experiments.

We have more than good enough team to beat Watford away. It's not a question of the quality of any individual player. However, if the collective effort is not there we're screwed. Time for a solid team effort and hopefully the coaching staff gives the tools for the players to provide that.

I think we'll win 2-0. Giroud and Alexis to score.

Not now that Giroud's back but having Alexis as a lone CF was a pathetic attempt to fix holes for those two games.

If we're not using Akpom now when none of our recognised strikers are around he's just taking up space. Should be selling/loaning him with a buy back clause.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Not now that Giroud's back but having Alexis as a lone CF was a pathetic attempt to fix holes for those two games.

If we're not using Akpom now when none of our recognised strikers are around he's just taking up space. Should be selling/loaning him with a buy back clause.

I think we will send him on loan if we sign somebody, which I think we will. And even though I agree that Alexis wasn't good as a CF it was still very much justified to try it out. If you don't have clear no.1 striker just put somebody up top who you know can score goals.

The problem with Akpom is that he has not scored goals in pro level anywhere he has played. Four loan spells 52 games and 3 scored goals. I'm sorry but that's shouldn't get you even near the Arsenal starting XI in a competitive no matter how many injuries. People often defend Akpom by pointing out how Harry Kane didn't score a lot either on his loan spells but he also had four loan spells 56 games and 14 goals. That's almost five times Akpom's goal tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom