• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
If he knew how to watch the line and not be offside all the ****ing time perhaps he would get played in more.

If he was an accomplished finisher then I'd agree on Alexis playing him in but from my standpoint i'd rather Alexis taking the shot like he did.

Alexis was comfortably the best attacker out on the pitch today. That today is probably the best performance you'll get out of Walcott, he's a bag of poo really.
You'd rather see someone shoot from 25 yards, than play a striker through 1v1 with the goalkeeper? :confused:

Anyway, I think Theo was really good today.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Nothing better than a good arsenal win on your birthday.

If you see a drunk guy stumbling around East London tonight screaming "we've got mesut Özil" then you've found me.

Happy birthday on this happy day. Enjoy it mate.

PS. Whatever you do, please do not agree to a crappy haircut.

enhanced-buzz-21599-1326999004-84.jpg

Twiiggy

You'd rather see someone shoot from 25 yards, than play a striker through 1v1 with the goalkeeper? :confused:

Anyway, I think Theo was really good today.

I'm not denying that he wasn't good, just wasn't the best attacker out there.

And no i'd rather see the pass but when it's Walcott on the receiving end it's a different story :lol::lol:

Impact

Established Member
Someone in our squad needs to emerge as the candidate to partner Xhaka in midfield. Santi is fine if we're playing a team like Watford who are set up with a five-man defence, but he's not the solution. Coq and Elninho won't cut it against the big teams either.

Ramsey lacks discipline and consistency, we all know that, but he's the only one with the right technical/physical qualities to nail down that spot and make a difference. Having missed out on Kante, and barring a change in formation, I don't see what chance we have of challenging for the PL if Ramsey doesn't make the necessary adjustments to his game.

I think moving forward Wenger has recognised the importance of having two tactically and positionally astute midfielders in our pivot. With Özil as #10, we can rarely afford playing another player who desires such freedom in midfield. Think for those reasons in this set up, I think Ramsey will be a final third player. Reckon he could get 15-20 goals if he put his mind to it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think moving forward Wenger has recognised the importance of having two tactically and positionally astute midfielders in our pivot. With Özil as #10, we can rarely afford playing another player who desires such freedom in midfield. Think for those reasons in this set up, I think Ramsey will be a final third player. Reckon he could get 15-20 goals if he put his mind to it.
I think Cesc would have be good next to Xhaka but on paper, Wilshere in the style he plays for England is the most natural fit. I think Elneny may well emerge as the long term solution-if he and Xhaka can learn to tackle.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I caught bits of the game but no volume. I only saw Alexis goal, nearly an epic miss.

Stand out players?

How was Holding?

People are saying Walcott was good.

Impact

Established Member
I think Cesc would have be good next to Xhaka but on paper, Wilshere in the style he plays for England is the most natural fit. I think Elneny may well emerge as the long term solution-if he and Xhaka can learn to tackle.

I think we need someone with mobility. Wilshere can be that player if he stays fit. Elneny, Coquelin and Cazorla will share game time I reckon depending on the opposition until Wilsh is ready.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
A slightly off topic rant but not really as it applies to people on here and posts in this thread. Just stop ****ing moaning about everything. Jesus ****ing on a bike. We've had a good couple of days and reasons to look forward now. Just stop being so pig headed and stupid. It's football, enjoy it.

No 3 on my ignore list.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
My match ratings:

Cech - 7

Bellerin - 8
Holding - 7
Koscielny - 7
Monreal - 5

Cazorla - 6
Xhaka - 7

Walcott - 8
Özil - 7
Chamberlain - 5

Alexis - 8

Most people played well, although our left side was a problem. Monreal struggled badly against Amrabat and Chamberlain was absolutely useless.

Concerned about the way we completely lost control of the game in the second half, that has to be addressed. Also I don't think Xhaka and Cazorla together will work against better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom