• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL Week 34 cont'd; midweek drama.

Stumped

This Chelsea side are going to be one of the worst Champions [take aside Leicester's one-off]

5 defenders and two holding midfielders yet they concede every game. And this is supposedly a strong defence coach who has had no Europe to prepare for.

Just shows you don't need a lot to win the Prem these days.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That was me at first. Somewhere deep down you'd enjoy Cesc coming back here.

Cesc-Fabregas-Arsenal-Milan.jpg

5497926898_61358d3e2b_b.jpg

article-0-043FAD6F0000044D-392_634x435.jpg

Cesc+Fabregas+Arsenal+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+4yrSNXWlYhFl.jpg

There's no doubt in my mind Cesc loves Arsenal and looking back he regrets the way he left us.

The guy was a warrior for us and carried us for a period of time. Best CM we've had since Vieira.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember Keown saying that Wenger used to just be in awe of Cesc even as a 16 year old and always made Keown watch him play and would then wax lyrical about everything he did.

His talent, intelligence and maturity beyond his years was a truly special and a rare mix for a teenager. He was already a leader at 19/20 when Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, etc were all on their way out and was able to inspire even his older teammates.

Godwin1

Very well-known
This Chelsea side are going to be one of the worst Champions [take aside Leicester's one-off]

5 defenders and two holding midfielders yet they concede every game. And this is supposedly a strong defence coach who has had no Europe to prepare for.

Just shows you don't need a lot to win the Prem these days.
Still better than the Chelsea team who won it two seasons previous.

Stumped

Still better than the Chelsea team who won it two seasons previous.

True but Conte's hardly doing an impossible job. He will struggle next year with Europe to prepare for if we're looking at how they're performing now with no Europe. Tactically he's pretty one-dimensional.

blaze_of_glory

I've been riding the Cesc train with you son. In the next carriage with the whisky and Flake. They said Cesc was finished years ago... They wished that was the case. Yes, we obviously should have took the chance to take him home.
In hindsight we really could have used him, even with Özil. Cesc can play a CM role, doesn't need to be CAM.

In hindsight we really could have used him, even with Özil. Cesc can play a CM role, doesn't need to be CAM.

This is very true. Not like we have had balanced midfield trio since Cesc signed for Chelsea.

(You gonna be happy with me now)At least with Fabregas and Özil in midfield trio Giroud would have scored 50 goals per season.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

I'd even argue CM is still his best position. He may have added goals and assists to his game after his move to CAM but I don't think I've ever seen someone in the Premier League who was as good as Cesc at controlling a game from the middle of the park.

Was gutted when we didn't bring him back when we could, even if I did understand it at the time.

Top Bottom