• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: West Ham vs. Arsenal - Saturday April 9, 2016 - 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This would've been a useful point had we not put ourselves in a position where there was little margin for error. 3games spring to mind - the losses at home to Swansea, Chelsea and the shambles at Southampton.
Without doubt I'd add the UTD. trainwreck at OT. Gunning for the title and 2-0 down within 25 minutes against an injury ridden UTD.

Wenger's teams have shown so little "class" in the big defining moments in recent times it's stomach churning. When you ask them to make a statement, they make the statement the non-Gooner world expects - abject failure.

Leading the league and hammered 5-1 at Liverpool - leading the league and hammered 4-0 at Southampton. Potential champions don't suffer those results - they show more fortitude and nous in dealing with adverse conditions.

6-0 in Wenger's 1000th game in charge to MOURINHO - how can the man still show loyalty to the players & the system that would allow that ultimate embarrassment to your most hated rival. Unless, he doesn't care & the players don't care or maybe he hasn't a scooby!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It's funny, it reminds me of a political dictatorship, where the individual ruler speaks of the anarchy that would reign if they were to be dismissed from their position.

It's essentially how Wenger operates, look at other clubs and how ready they are to dispose of their manager, look at the anarchy which reigns there, you don't want that to happen here do you?

Exactly!! That is exactly it! We live in a culture of fear and awe at Arsenal. A culture fostered and nurtured by Wenger and the board.

It sickens me. I'm nt one comfortable being afraid, I would much rather face the consequences of change than mire in the comfortable doldrums of a status quo.
In flux there is renewal, in stagnation only pestilence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If the owner have the balls and understand what football is he can tell Wenger you will not be Arsenal manager next season Wenger can't do nothing about it because he is not the owner.

the problem is the board give him too much respect i don't think they even talk or warn him about his future or the team performance. so it would be great just let his contract ends in 2017 and we start something new.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Exactly!! That is exactly it! We live in a culture of fear and awe at Arsenal. A culture fostered and nurtured by Wenger and the board.

It sickens me. I'm nt one comfortable being afraid, I would much rather face the consequences of change than mire in the comfortable doldrums of a status quo.
In flux there is renewal, in stagnation only pestilence.
As someone else has said, I'd rather fail differently. That's how boring it's got.

Bould14

Wenger lost the title to Leicester and could well finish below Sp**s. It is written on the wall. Wenger is finished.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Without doubt I'd add the UTD. trainwreck at OT. Gunning for the title and 2-0 down within 25 minutes against an injury ridden UTD.
I would also ask why the players didnt kick the **** out of Carrol when he had scored twice already.

I don't think that the old Arsenal back 4 (as the commentators pointed out) would let 3 goals in, much less in 5 minutes.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was disappointed that neither Gabriel nor Coq put one on Carroll. These are supposed to be our hard men, and should of given one back to a player to clearly intended to hurt Kos. All we got was Gabriel’s pathetic little flick in the second half.

9jagooner

What's more annoying is that Carroll was on a yellow card and we should have done everything to ensure he got a second yellow even at the expense of one of our players getting a yellow

Tricolore

I've just seen the full game, mixed feelings about it. Until the first goal they scored, it was a great display (one I would like to see in away tough fixtures like this one), we were exploiting the spaces between Antonio and Tompkins well, Coq and Elneny were doing their bit in the centre of the park, it was all going good for us.

From then on, it went downhill for us. Good thing we got something from the game in the end, lose this and we would have been looking nervously behind our shoulders now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom