<

Eric Bailly

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Sep 17, 2018.

#254 Well-Known Member

Good point on Mavro and Holding coming good. I however could be better than the two judging from his earlier United form. Would absolutely acquire if if their is a chance that he manages to replicate his previous form!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

This rumour has sprung back into life. Not completely ridiculous, I suppose. Emery did say we might buy a centre back, and Mourinho obviously doesn't like Bailly. I'd say he's a good defender but his recent injuries would worry me.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Not really too sure on this guy, injury prone and comes across as a bit of a clown. Almost as rash as Mustafi at times. I do feel that Sokratis and Bailly would be a nice balance for a pairing.

Plutarch likes this.
  4. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

No wonder Maureen plays with three CBs with him

5. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

This one is dead with Mourinho getting sacked. Will be their first choice cb soon enough.

6. Chicago_Gunner

Chicago_Gunner Active Member

I agree

El Granit-Coq and krackpot like this.
  7. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

8. GOONER1991

GOONER1991 Well-Known Member Trusted

This is a rumour that won't go away. Historically, I've liked Eric Bailly, and think there is truly a terrific player in there, if a manager can work through his confidence and injury issues.

Saying that, I don't think that he is the type of CB we require. Sokratis plays the aggressive CB role - normally to a good level. What we require is our Koscielny replacement. It's easy to point at Van Dijk, but that's what we need - a dominant, composed defender who can lead from the back. Bailly isn't that player for me. If we were to shift Mustafi and bring in Bailly, that would be good to rotate/replace Sokratis, however I still think we would require someone for the LCB role.

A Sokratis/Bailly partnership would not work.

Gooner416 likes this.
  9. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Interesting things about Koscienly, I always remember him being aggressive and winning the ball early, with Per dropping behind. With 33 and injuries he did change his game.
    I think we could use fresh aggressive defender and Sokratis would be the guy who drops back, later we could replace Sokratis with Holding who seems to read the game well.

krackpot and Slartibartfast like this.
  10. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Sokratis might pick up a few fewer yellow cards if that were the case. He's been very good, for the most part, but two suspensions based on yellow cards have hurt.

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

He was good in Spain, won’t cost a bomb, can see why Emery and Raul might be interested.

12. krackpot

Mustafi v2

13. Rosso

Rosso AM's Resident United Fan

Better then Mustafi, there’s a top player in there he has just lost his way.

krackpot likes this.
  14. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Kurt zouma is another like Bailley where I think there’s a really
    Good defender in there that just needs unlocked

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Nkunku, Baily and Fraiser. Top6 we are coming for you!

Artisan likes this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

That's what 50M get you at least fraser I'd decent but the other tow look bit poverty

krackpot and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  17. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Baily is an improvement on Mustafi but then most 15-20m bracket defenders are.

18. krackpot

Used to love him before he went to Utd. His injuries and Mourinho messed him up.

Utd is the cauldron of dead talent. Pogba, Bailly, Alexis, Martial.

Baah! If we had those guys we'd have been punching for the title.

19. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Bad injury today that probably rules him out until later in the year

20. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Pass, better options out there with far less risk.