• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Ampadu (Youngster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgm94

Some of you may have read about the young 15-year-old prospect at Exeter City, Ethan Ampadu. His father is an academy coach with Arsenal and the youngster has been heavily linked with a switch to the Gunners, so having seen him play on a few occasions I've written this on him.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/0...-back-to-school-as-arsenal-links-cont/page/1/

Certainly one to watch, and scary how good he could become if coached properly either at Arsenal or elsewhere

Maxim

Some of you may have read about the young 15-year-old prospect at Exeter City, Ethan Ampadu. His father is an academy coach with Arsenal and the youngster has been heavily linked with a switch to the Gunners, so having seen him play on a few occasions I've written this on him.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/0...-back-to-school-as-arsenal-links-cont/page/1/

Certainly one to watch, and scary how good he could become if coached properly either at Arsenal or elsewhere

Nice write up, thanks.

Few questions - is he quite a big lad? He must be a bit of a unit to be playing CB in league 2 at 15... And in terms of his natural position in midfield, is there a player you would liken him too in terms of style of play?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He looks like the English David Luiz.

nintchdbpict000258204296.jpg

WelchyTV

I went to University at Exeter and was lucky enough to have an internship with Exeter City Youth Academy as a Match Analyst, so often got to see Ethan play.

My dissertation was also in partnership with the academy (the Head of Sport science was doing a PHD at the time which I helped out with and used the data for my Dissertation).

I can safely say he is very talented. I remember talking to all the coaches and they always said he's going to leave for big money one day (relatively speaking, Exeter are a very poor club). When I was there Exeter sold Matt Grimes for their record price (nearing £2m). They all believe he will go for more if he stays at the club until the right age.

The coaches and the head of the academy Simon Hayward had a few trips away with him and his family to go and meet Premier league clubs that were interested in him, he had many trials. He's met the likes of Mourinho (when he was at Chelsea), Southampton, Man United, and I believe Liverpool. But from what the coaches used to say, EVERY top club had their eye on him.

If he lives up to potential, he will definitely become a premier league player, but often these players don't live up to it. We will see.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
He's gone.

From SSN

Exeter's Ethan Ampadu has signed for Chelsea and the two clubs are in negotiations over a fee.

The 16-year-old made 13 first-team appearances last season and was free to talk to other clubs having yet to sign scholarship forms.

As a result, there is no transfer fee, but Exeter are entitled to compensation as he is an academy product and under the age of 24.

The League Two club say they hope "a fee for that can be agreed between Chelsea and Exeter City without the need to go to a tribunal".b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom