• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Kyle Walker inverts at times for Pep. You can do both within the course of a game and just because you play an inverted role doesn't mean you can't use your pace. He also doesn't necessarily have to play the inverted role. He could easily play as more of a traditional overlapping LB. The point is that he's got the physical tools to have role here. He offers something different to what we have in the position.
Walker transitioned to inverted once he lost his pace. He didn't play that way when he was younger. Pep started to ask him to do that even when a lot of people thought he was done because he lost a lot of his pace. With years you can play that inverted role because you understand better the game and you lose pace. So you have to play closer to a midfielder than a FB.

Just to cite and example, it's like asking prime Gareth Bale to play inverted role instead of playing open in the line. It's a waste.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Walker transitioned to inverted once he lost his pace. He didn't play that way when he was younger. Pep started to ask him to do that even when a lot of people thought he was done because he lost a lot of his pace. With years you can play that inverted role because you understand better the game and you lose pace. So you have to play closer to a midfielder than a FB.

Just to cite and example, it's like asking prime Gareth Bale to play inverted role instead of playing open in the line. It's a waste.
He was keeping up with Mbappe in the World Cup. He hasn't lost his pace. You seem to just have a very surface level almost stereotypical idea of what the inverted role is. There's nothing that says it's only for slow players and Pep in particular is not the sort to pigeonhole someone into a role based on a triviality like that. If that were the case, Walker would be gone and someone else would be playing that position, we know he's not shy about spending on fullbacks. Now in Lahm's case, yes, that's why he was moved there but that was also because of personnel issues rather than just putting a slow player out to pasture.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ta
Are you talking the inverted role or both roles? Have you even watch him this season in France? Or are you basing your point in the season he was here? Because in France he is been very good 1vs1.

Talking about the inverted role

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He was keeping up with Mbappe in the World Cup. He hasn't lost his pace. You seem to just have a very surface level almost stereotypical idea of what the inverted role is. There's nothing that says it's only for slow players and Pep in particular is not the sort to pigeonhole someone into a role based on a triviality like that. If that were the case, Walker would be gone and someone else would be playing that position, we know he's not shy about spending on fullbacks. Now in Lahm's case, yes, that's why he was moved there but that was also because of personnel issues rather than just putting a slow player out to pasture.
Still a waste of attributes. I insist, would you play Gareth Bale as inverted going mid like Zinchenko does or just letting him go on the flank? Ask my question honestly.

Dodero

Is he going to play ever again for us in the prem this season? After his short cameo, havent seen anything from him again.

Afro Mugo

I don't think the MLS LB role is a permanent thing. We just have a stockpile of midfielders and a shortage of LBs, with only Sousa and Quesada Thorn who has a long-term injury + the schoolboy Ismail.Its either that or ACD plays there as he did last season but they have decided its best he fully develops as a RW early enough. They just play MLS there to give him game time, and he can learn a thing or two from playing there. We have to remember he's technically still a schoolboy ; to be even getting u21 minutes is an impressive feat by itself. Even for Nwaneri he has being filling in anywhere in that forward line though he's played more consistently as the LCM in u21s.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Is he going to play ever again for us in the prem this season? After his short cameo, havent seen anything from him again.
Zero chance probably, except for maybe bench, or 5-0 lead in 90th

Biggest, PR-cameo of all time. Should've loaned him out, such a waste honestly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsenal are at serious risk of losing teenage prospect Ethan Nwaneri, the youngest player in Premier League history, to one of their rivals in the so-called "big six".

Nwaneri, an attacking midfielder, became Arsenal’s youngest-ever player earlier this season at at 15 years and 181 days when he came off the bench in their 3-0 victory at Brentford in September.

Nwaneri, who turns 16 later this month, is regarded as one of the most exciting young talents in the English game and Telegraph Sport understands he is the subject of significant interest from some of Arsenal’s biggest rivals. Manchester City and Chelsea are understood to be among the Premier League clubs who have paid close attention to Nwaneri’s development, although Arsenal have not yet given up hope of keeping him in north London.

Nwaneri became the first player under the age of 16 to feature in the Premier League when he was brought off the bench in September by Mikel Arteta, the Arsenal manager.

Arteta said his decision to select Nwaneri was based on “pure gut feeling”, adding: “I met the boy and really liked what I saw. [Academy manager] Per Mertesacker and the academy staff gave me really good information about him as well.

“It’s another step, another experience. In your career all the steps are not going to be forward. After that, maybe he needs three backwards to go another one forward, but as well I think it sends a really strong message about who we are as a club.”

Nwaneri is not the only highly regarded teenager in Arsenal’s youth ranks, with midfielder Myles Lewis-Skelly and winger Amario Cozier-Duberry also impressing. Arsenal are thought to have an agreement in place with Lewis-Skelly which will keep the 16-year-old at the club for another two years at least. Like Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly is an England youth international.

It would be a significant blow for Arsenal’s academy if they are unable to keep hold of Nwaneri, having also lost talented winger Omari Hutchinson to Chelsea last year. Hutchinson, 19, has gone on to make two first-team appearances under Graham Potter this season, both of which came against Manchester City.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You still 16. I really don't know who advising him but if he choose man city or Chelsea then that worse.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
You still 16. I really don't know who advising him but if he choose man city or Chelsea then that worse.

Let him choose the big money. We've been excited about many youngsters in the past, many more will come. He'll end up at Vitesse when he's 25 but at least he's financially independent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let him choose the big money. We've been excited about many youngsters in the past, many more will come. He'll end up at Vitesse when he's 25 but at least he's financially independent.
He 16 and already thinking about money these signs of someone career will go downhill in future. He not even at age of signing professional contract

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

kid is talented. But also overrated. You would think he is generational talent. But it’s not like he is leagues above when he plays u18 football

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It would be a significant blow for Arsenal’s academy if they are unable to keep hold of Nwaneri, having also lost talented winger Omari Hutchinson to Chelsea last year. Hutchinson, 19, has gone on to make two first-team appearances under Graham Potter this season, both of which came against Manchester City.
I would seriously doubt the decision making of Nwaneri if he went to Chelsea. At that point I would say good riddance, the lad is a total fool.

Hutchinson is 3,5 years older and is mostly out of squad and still playing for U21, while Boehly is a crazy man in the transfer market.

That would be like the worst career move ever. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Halend

Every piece of info coming out about this kid is about him leaving so it's coming from somewhere.

I've already accepted his gone

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's difficult to have an opinion on this as we don't know what's being offered to him contract wise. Either we pony up or not, but I won't be fussed either way.

Top Bottom