• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

huh... not the move I'd figure he would make...
Parent influenced decision. City is the worst club he could go to, even worse than Chelsea. They had serious young talents in his position who never got a look like McAtee and Palmer.

Bucephalus

What a bizarre choice from his advisors if true. No obvious path to senior football anytime soon. And not exactly an academy known for producing great players, either for City or for other clubs. Obviously you've got Foden. Cole Palmer is sniffing around the edges, I suppose. Then, filtering by academy on Transfermarkt, you're immediately down to Sancho and (more distantly) Iheanacho, who I'd forgotten were in the City academy, or players I've never heard of.

If he wants to move on from Arsenal, fair enough, but Ødegaard might give him a little bit of friendly advice/warning about moving to a club of that magnitude at 16 years old.

Sparrahork

huh... not the move I'd figure he would make...
City are building a reputation as a club that bloods youth and looks to get them into the first team squad on an ongoing basis. As per their transfers with Southampton last summer they will also let players move on permanently rather than endless loans.

This will be attractive to young prospects and their parents; playing nwaneri once and once only would only highlight we see him as a talent without ongoing assurances he would get more minutes.

This is why I am against having an overly bloated squad, it is great to get homegrown talent into the team and see them develop, we have a couple of promising centre backs right now but if we sign another cover CB will they think twice about signing to stay on with us?

We need to identify our better players and ensure they have a route in the first team so they want to progress with ourselves.

It needs more faith from tets. In a way we got lucky that William was such a failure for us otherwise he could have blocked Saka from making the rw role his own.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s backing himself to go to City and be good enough, no player thinks about the negatives, they all back themselves. Some of you should listen to interviews with former players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bit odd to go to a team that already has a **** ton of comparable talents but Nwaneri is extremely talented for his age so I expect him to still stand out.

For us, it's a blow as he is quality but fortune for us is that it comes at a time when we are not only doing well as a club but still producing talent regardless.

Thankfully, despite potentiallt losing Patino and Nwaneri in one window, we are keeping the unicorn.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Mainly Money 💰 if he goes to City, Chelsea or any other mega rich entity.

Corrupt Oil FC have probably offered his Papa a big wad of cash, along with free Nandos & blow jobs.

Ngl
For someone who has been developed here from a young age the lack of loyalty kinda stinks.

Then again even talented 12 yr olds nowadays probably have dodgy agents circling like vultures trying to cash in.

Part of me has to accept unfortunately it's the World we now live in.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought he was Liverpool bound. Oh well. Hopefully, if hes any good, we get a free transfer back here in four years or so

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mainly Money 💰 if he goes to City, Chelsea or any other mega rich entity.

Corrupt Oil FC have probably offered his Papa a big wad of cash, along with free Nandos & blow jobs.

Ngl
For someone who has been developed here from a young age the lack of loyalty kinda stinks.

Then again even talented 12 yr olds nowadays probably have dodgy agents circling like vultures trying to cash in.

Part of me has to accept unfortunately it's the World we now live in.
It's gonna get worse, particularly for us IMO. We might even struggle to keep our very best talents simply because of how much better our team is now. If they feel there's no pathway, they will force a departure quicker in the way Patino is doing now. If Myles Lewis-Skelly - who himself was head hunted by City along with a ton of other teams, owing to how promising he is - is still playing youth football 2 years from now, he will start looking at his options no matter how much he might love the club or how long he's been here.

Now if we can make enough money out of it and maintain our team, then it's a price that we can afford - if reluctantly. I'd just hope we don't go down that path. I always feel like Chelsea are cursed because of how they fumbled Cobham during the golden years. I'd hate for us to start doing the same. We're gonna have to get way smarter to deal with the current climate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s funny city is today linked with two 18 year old central midfielders. Ched and our from Benfica and Hugo Larson from Malmo who is a huge talent

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's gonna get worse, particularly for us IMO. We might even struggle to keep our very best talents simply because of how much better our team is now. If they feel there's no pathway, they will force a departure quicker in the way Patino is doing now. If Myles Lewis-Skelly - who himself was head hunted by City along with a ton of other teams, owing to how promising he is - is still playing youth football 2 years from now, he will start looking at his options no matter how much he might love the club or how long he's been here.

Now if we can make enough money out of it and maintain our team, then it's a price that we can afford - if reluctantly. I'd just hope we don't go down that path. I always feel like Chelsea are cursed because of how they fumbled Cobham during the golden years. I'd hate for us to start doing the same. We're gonna have to get way smarter to deal with the current climate.
I think next season, regardless of the outcome, that Arteta has to blood his own youngsters. It's great if we can make money but without a first team appearance, our youth players won't raise enough to buy one arm of a top, top starter. It's probably better financially to find the next Adams than to buy him. We need to carefully manage the early rounds of the domestic cups and give youth a showing. I don't imagine that fan employees like Jack and Per are over the moon to be supplying future talent to direct rivals either.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
City are building a reputation as a club that bloods youth and looks to get them into the first team squad on an ongoing basis. As per their transfers with Southampton last summer they will also let players move on permanently rather than endless loans.

This will be attractive to young prospects and their parents; playing nwaneri once and once only would only highlight we see him as a talent without ongoing assurances he would get more minutes.

This is why I am against having an overly bloated squad, it is great to get homegrown talent into the team and see them develop, we have a couple of promising centre backs right now but if we sign another cover CB will they think twice about signing to stay on with us?

We need to identify our better players and ensure they have a route in the first team so they want to progress with ourselves.

It needs more faith from tets. In a way we got lucky that William was such a failure for us otherwise he could have blocked Saka from making the rw role his own.

Don't make me laugh at the idea of Money City blooding in the youth. They've blooded in Foden and pretty much no one else has got much of a look in despite having elite youth talent. Meanwhile we've blooded Martinelli, Saka, Nketieh, ESR and to a degree Nelson (probably nowhere near enough in his case). Holding and Chambers came in as 19yos too. Then there's bringing in young players like Saliba, Lakonga, Tavares, Vieira. Meanwhile Cole Palmer is 140minutes of game time this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't make me laugh at the idea of Money City blooding in the youth. They've blooded in Foden and pretty much no one else has got much of a look in despite having elite youth talent. Meanwhile we've blooded Martinelli, Saka, Nketieh, ESR and to a degree Nelson (probably nowhere near enough in his case). Holding and Chambers came in as 19yos too. Then there's bringing in young players like Saliba, Lakonga, Tavares, Vieira. Meanwhile Cole Palmer is 140minutes of game time this season.
Rico Lewis is the only other guy. I've barely seen Cole Palmer all season and he's very talented. City do not blood new guys like that. They haemorrhage talent almost as quickly as they hoover them up. Lavia and Bynoe-Gittens come to mind. They signed Kalvin Phillips and let go of Romeo Lavia - who's had the better season? 👀

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Fair points👍.

Let me reiterate have nothing against those leaving for better opportunities if their path is blocked here.👍

I have no problem with any kid looking at his options & making the best decision.

The thing with going at such a young age ( barely 16) in this instance is that you know likely it's just money.

It shows a total lack of loyalty.

Back in the day kids were grateful to be offered a pro contract with their boyhood club.

You sign Ur 1st pro contract here & then look at the next one in 3 years when you still haven't reached bloody 20.

Why would you uproot Ur family to Manchester when you have no more chance of breaking through at City than here🧐?

Only 1 possible answer💰💰💰💰💰💰.

City or Us can/likely will keep him around for a while then loan him out.

Ask Ode if he made the right decision going to Real at 16?

The difference was he needed to leave Norway to further develop.

Ethan doesn't need to leave Arsenal.

We can at the moment offer him pretty much the same path as City or any other big club in the Country.

I totally get the Patino situation. He is older, wants to play regular 1st team football & doesn't fancy another loan.

He isn't good enough to play regularly here.

If Charlie is as good as his word he will likely go to a smaller club now to play?

I'm not buying the same thing with Ethan.

The move imho has very little to do with football development.

Perhaps to stop this thing happening parent clubs should have 1st option on all youth players until 18?

Tbf tho at the moment the Ethan situation is likely the exception rather than the rule.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I was always curious why he made his debut he must be special but we have never seen him back then.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was always curious why he made his debut he must be special but we have never seen him back then.
I don’t even think he played U21 football before his debut. It was clearly a business decision. Maybe that’s why his people felt they want to leave, didn’t like how their kid was used for future compensation and had to hear Arteta talk about how he saw something special and had to do it

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Fair points👍.

Let me reiterate have nothing against those leaving for better opportunities if their path is blocked here.👍

I have no problem with any kid looking at his options & making the best decision.

The thing with going at such a young age ( barely 16) in this instance is that you know likely it's just money.

It shows a total lack of loyalty.

Back in the day kids were grateful to be offered a pro contract with their boyhood club.

You sign Ur 1st pro contract here & then look at the next one in 3 years when you still haven't reached bloody 20.

Why would you uproot Ur family to Manchester when you have no more chance of breaking through at City than here🧐?

Only 1 possible answer💰💰💰💰💰💰.

City or Us can/likely will keep him around for a while then loan him out.

Ask Ode if he made the right decision going to Real at 16?

The difference was he needed to leave Norway to further develop.

Ethan doesn't need to leave Arsenal.

We can at the moment offer him pretty much the same path as City or any other big club in the Country.

I totally get the Patino situation. He is older, wants to play regular 1st team football & doesn't fancy another loan.

He isn't good enough to play regularly here.

If Charlie is as good as his word he will likely go to a smaller club now to play?

I'm not buying the same thing with Ethan.

The move imho has very little to do with football development.

Perhaps to stop this thing happening parent clubs should have 1st option on all youth players until 18?

Tbf tho at the moment the Ethan situation is likely the exception rather than the rule.

We want players here who are committed to Arsenal.

Nwaneri will regret this decision, his loss not ours. There will be a chance for someone else

DasBootist

Bit odd to go to a team that already has a **** ton of comparable talents but Nwaneri is extremely talented for his age so I expect him to still stand out.

For us, it's a blow as he is quality but fortune for us is that it comes at a time when we are not only doing well as a club but still producing talent regardless.

Thankfully, despite potentiallt losing Patino and Nwaneri in one window, we are keeping the unicorn.

Myles is indeed a certy balla, but I would have loved to have kept Nwaneri as well. Imagine the three supreme Hale Enders; Saka, Lewis Skelly and Nwaneri in a few years.

Top Bottom