• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Ethan is quite a quiet, shy lad, with a very actively involved father.
That makes you wonder Ethan's gets a real say on the decision.
The 1st thing as duty of care as a parent is to offer guidance but consider what's best for the child.
Unless he is unhappy here you would think likely Ethan would choose to stay.

Very sad if a father sees his kid as little more than a money tree to be cashed in on.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
That makes you wonder Ethan's gets a real say on the decision.
The 1st thing as duty of care as a parent is to offer guidance but consider what's best for the child.
Unless he is unhappy here you would think likely Ethan would choose to stay.

Very sad if a father sees his kid as little more than a money tree to be cashed in on.

This!

City would have deduced Ethans dad is vulnerable to offers in indulgence and have taken advantage. Look at the number players who have come from our academy relative to City. Foden aside they have F all. we presently have Saka, ESR, Nketiah and Nelson, not including Willock who is doing very well at Newcastle. The Hale End has been on fire lately.

Nwaneri will be another head at their pretentious 'elite development squad' which is churns out one academy player good enough for the first team per decade.

He will F himself long term if he goes their, because here at Arsenal we actually make viable pathways for our young players to make it. Whereas City are forever about the cheque book

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Guys - we can't be mad about this - we've signed plenty of teens the same way. Some worked out (Cesc) and some have not. Can't change fate.

I believe in Parent's rights. Outsiders or Government should not interfere.

Parent's aren't out there intentionally sabotaging their own child's future. I believe whether he leaves or stays...if he has a good head on his shoulder and works hard, he'll be successful. The cream rises to the top remember.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Scored the only goal of the game for England vs Croatia at the Euro under-21 championships. If anybody cares.
U17s*

And yeah, watched it. Was a good solid game from both him and Lewis-Skelly but Tyler Dibling really stood out for me. Some loose touches but looked busy and exciting. Nwaneri's technique is exquisite though. Really knows how to use the ball well.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Guys - we can't be mad about this - we've signed plenty of teens the same way. Some worked out (Cesc) and some have not. Can't change fate.

I believe in Parent's rights. Outsiders or Government should not interfere.

Parent's aren't out there intentionally sabotaging their own child's future. I believe whether he leaves or stays...if he has a good head on his shoulder and works hard, he'll be successful. The cream rises to the top remember.
Cesc is a fair point about one that worked.
The MAIN difference though at the time was he had no chance to break into the Barca 1st team & so he came here for a better opportunity.
We had him playing regular prem league football at 17.

If he goes to City he has less chance of playing not more.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
U17s*

And yeah, watched it. Was a good solid game from both him and Lewis-Skelly but Tyler Dibling really stood out for me. Some loose touches but looked busy and exciting. Nwaneri's technique is exquisite though. Really knows how to use the ball well.

Yeah typo on my part.

Agree and it’s Nwaneri’s technique that sets him apart from MLS for me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah typo on my part.

Agree and it’s Nwaneri’s technique that sets him apart from MLS for me.
MLS has the slightly higher ceiling IMO but Nwaneri the higher floor. Lewis-Skelly can dominate an entire midfield if given the responsibility. He wins duels, is a highly adept ball winner, he can play line breaking passes into the attackers and he can take out half a team with one dribble at will. As raw as he is in terms of pure technique, you can't teach that (word to Enzo Amore). I actually find when he isn't given those reigns, he sometimes tends to be on the periphery of the game. Once he got involved today though he was a nuisance for the opposition, breaking up play and winning a ton of fouls with the use of his body and his dribbling. His penalty win was simulation though, he initiated the contact with the defender first.

Nwaneri however was on it from the start though. Floating around everywhere, weaving in and out of the oppositions grasp and being difficult to pin down. He really reminds me of Trae Coyle at the same age without the injuries. Effortless technique and physical poise, married with the kind of bravery a player of his type needs to make an impact at the top level. It would be a massive coup if we could keep both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Talk of Man U, Man City & Chelsea all being interested now.
You can understand the interest but still would be disappointing if he moved.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
MLS has the slightly higher ceiling IMO but Nwaneri the higher floor. Lewis-Skelly can dominate an entire midfield if given the responsibility. He wins duels, is a highly adept ball winner, he can play line breaking passes into the attackers and he can take out half a team with one dribble at will. As raw as he is in terms of pure technique, you can't teach that (word to Enzo Amore). I actually find when he isn't given those reigns, he sometimes tends to be on the periphery of the game. Once he got involved today though he was a nuisance for the opposition, breaking up play and winning a ton of fouls with the use of his body and his dribbling. His penalty win was simulation though, he initiated the contact with the defender first.

Nwaneri however was on it from the start though. Floating around everywhere, weaving in and out of the oppositions grasp and being difficult to pin down. He really reminds me of Trae Coyle at the same age without the injuries. Effortless technique and physical poise, married with the kind of bravery a player of his type needs to make an impact at the top level. It would be a massive coup if we could keep both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly.
Do you think Nwaneri's game translates to mens football. At his size and playing his position, you are looking at having the touch and explosiveness of Foden. MLS looks like he will be a physical monster when he grows into his body.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think Nwaneri's game translates to mens football. At his size and playing his position, you are looking at having the touch and explosiveness of Foden. MLS looks like he will be a physical monster when he grows into his body.
Oh absolutely. Nwaneri is pretty physical for his age himself. He's not quite as explosive but he has good body strength and uses his body well. Think he's got a bit of the hero gene sometimes and tries to do too much (Lewis-Skelly does aswell but seems to know when to curb this).

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's obviously his career, but the finances are likely to impact his entire family. It is nasty world to navigate for one so young.

Top Bottom