• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nwaneri on the bench is political as much as he is actually a Wilshere-level talent. Plays CM, AM, CF and both wings, very versatile and very good technically. Not a shy player either, will try stuff.

He's had a LOT of teams trying to poach him in the last year at least, especially Liverpool. This is definitely our way of showing him he'll get chances to play here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's very similar to Wilshere. Left footed, attack-minded and creative. Can split a defence and has an eye for goal. More aggressive than his style of play would suggest. Not a shy player, put it that way. Knows how to play against stronger opponents.

His ascension, while unprecedented, is not entirely undeserved. He's the best schoolboy we've had since Yunus Musah and we were a bit too slow for his liking so we're not making the same mistake twice. Per has definitely been in Artetas ear about him and the fight we have to keep him along with his other midfield counterpart Myles Lewis-Skelly (also 15 and extremely talented as well as highly rated). He's played for u21s already and contributed an assist in about 90 mins of football for them.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's very similar to Wilshere. Left footed, attack-minded and creative. Can split a defence and has an eye for goal. More aggressive than his style of play would suggest. Not a shy player, put it that way. Knows how to play against stronger opponents.

His ascension, while unprecedented, is not entirely undeserved. He's the best schoolboy we've had since Yunus Musah and we were a bit too slow for his liking so we're not making the same mistake twice. Per has definitely been in Artetas ear about him and the fight we have to keep him along with his other midfield counterpart Myles Lewis-Skelly (also 15 and extremely talented as well as highly rated). He's played for u21s already and contributed an assist in about 90 mins of football for them.
Is he better than Cozier-Durberry?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Who here had heard of him before yesterday?
We have had some discussion about him in the u23 thread.

He is a serious talent. But so are the likes of Cozier-Duberry (who I think is the best talent we have in the academy at the moment). Time will tell of course how far he goes.

Hopefully a long, stellar career with us in due course.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Nwaneri on the bench is political as much as he is actually a Wilshere-level talent. Plays CM, AM, CF and both wings, very versatile and very good technically. Not a shy player either, will try stuff.

He's had a LOT of teams trying to poach him in the last year at least, especially Liverpool. This is definitely our way of showing him he'll get chances to play here.
Just thinking about this, we are probably negotiating a new contract with him.

We are going to see this happens more often, Special kids have more power than ever in football. When the kid is ready, and it is a local talent he should have priority, even if it means not getting a Zaha to allow your local kid to be the main figure. Homegrown players are getting more and more expensive. If they are local, they understand the culture,, the environment
They are loved, supported, and protected by the entire staff. The club is their home.

Look at the role Trent Alexander Arnold has for Liverpool, Look at the impact Sterling makes when he steps up into the field. How important are players like Foden, Saka, Ward Prowse, Bowen, Zaha, Antonio, Rice., The Rashfords, I mean the list goes on and on.

Having one of those on your team, they pretty much can take on their shoulders being the focal point of their team, or playing a major role. It does not look forced, It does not smell like "the board is trying to make this happen, so he has to play", It looks effortless.

A nice example is the Henderson case. As much as I rate him, especially as a character and for his presence on the field, He was bought to Liverpool full of praise and saw it as the next generation Lampard/Gerard. Even when he has won the 2 most important trophies out there, and in both cases as captain of the team, you always feel like he was, to put it in very polite terms, overachieving. That his history is different from the Barkley´s of the league (and there are plenty of those) just because of his leadership skills and winning mentality.

What I am trying to say is that having a homegrown player that is 100% to your project and that you can bring into the team with ease and having him a focal point of your footballing proposal is rare, and it is going to become rarer and more expensive.

Kid´s agents are aware, and the pressure that they are going to put on clubs in regards to money and game time is going to get higher.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Im not even going to pretend i know out about this lad, but what are the chances of him signing long term on a pro contract? When are we allowed to offer a pro contract?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Is he better than Cozier-Durberry?
Duberry giving me some Bernardo Silva vibes at times. Nwaneri prob has more raw talent cause of his physical profile, but not more technically gifted. Also Lewis Skelly, another dynamic prospect has great physical attributes too. I think Duberry is currently the most technically gifted from what I have seen this season, he even looks quicker than he did last season, he is still only 17.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just thinking about this, we are probably negotiating a new contract with him.

We are going to see this happens more often, Special kids have more power than ever in football. When the kid is ready, and it is a local talent he should have priority, even if it means not getting a Zaha to allow your local kid to be the main figure. Homegrown players are getting more and more expensive. If they are local, they understand the culture,, the environment
They are loved, supported, and protected by the entire staff. The club is their home.

Look at the role Trent Alexander Arnold has for Liverpool, Look at the impact Sterling makes when he steps up into the field. How important are players like Foden, Saka, Ward Prowse, Bowen, Zaha, Antonio, Rice., The Rashfords, I mean the list goes on and on.

Having one of those on your team, they pretty much can take on their shoulders being the focal point of their team, or playing a major role. It does not look forced, It does not smell like "the board is trying to make this happen, so he has to play", It looks effortless.

A nice example is the Henderson case. As much as I rate him, especially as a character and for his presence on the field, He was bought to Liverpool full of praise and saw it as the next generation Lampard/Gerard. Even when he has won the 2 most important trophies out there, and in both cases as captain of the team, you always feel like he was, to put it in very polite terms, overachieving. That his history is different from the Barkley´s of the league (and there are plenty of those) just because of his leadership skills and winning mentality.

What I am trying to say is that having a homegrown player that is 100% to your project and that you can bring into the team with ease and having him a focal point of your footballing proposal is rare, and it is going to become rarer and more expensive.

Kid´s agents are aware, and the pressure that they are going to put on clubs in regards to money and game time is going to get higher.
It’s two way street. You saw Steven Gerrard cousin cry on Twitter about his agent who removed him from Liverpool at 17 to go to fiorentina and now at 21 in 3rd division in Spain. Arsenal has plenty of young talented players and 15-16 it’s really hard to predict how players will continue to develop. He is clearly brilliant for his age, but there is no guarantee he will continue to develop as expected or other kids may overtake him

Latest posts+

Top Bottom