• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro 2012

Mastadon

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
Wouldn't nasri be in China with man city right now? That would make attending a hearing mightily inconvenient.

I'm not sure what to think of nasri for France. He's undeniably good for them on the pitch, but he's an absolute pain in the ass everywhere else.

The rest of the suspensions, from what I gather, are more a case of the FFF putting their foot down and demanding respect from their players towards their coaches and captain. That's been the major problem all along, the '87 generation has some brilliant players, but they all have huge egos. They lack professionalism.

Except maybe Benzema. He seems relatively good at keeping his head down and doing work.

Blanc did a pretty good job of keeping them in check, but i think he completely lost control during the spain match because he was overwhelmed. From what I've read, Deschamps has a bit of a history of ruling with an iron fist. So either more clashes to come, or absolutely none of this.

Its not surprising Nasri is getting into all sorts of trouble with the French NT. Even without him they had the 2010 mutiny so there are clear issues with player ego's there. Still though I don't remember him being a troublemaker for us he was a fiery character and only fell out with Gallas. Even until the end he seem to behave himself and had many friends in the club.

Thought he had a good Euros as well. Its a shame that he left us I thought he was progressing well and would have continued to improve under Wenger. He was excellent for us in patches and the potential and ability was clearly there plus he was a favourite for many. Obviously he's got his pay rise and won his trophy but I feel he would have become a better player with us.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
jerome2158 said:
Except maybe Benzema. He seems relatively good at keeping his head down and doing work.

Don't forget the stories about the underage prostitutes. Also read something about his grandmother receiving money from social services, because he refused to pay her some 1,000 euros a month (he's on 150k a week), and he even sued his aunt and her disabled daughter to take part in paying her needs.

Mind you, could be largely just gossip on the French media, but it's been around for a longer time now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why not just dump the trouble makers for good? This is the 2nd ban Samir has received. Hopefully Deschamps grows some balls and makes some real changes.

Interesting to see what he does at CB, surely he'll go with Kos and Rami, dumping Mexes.

jerome2158

Established Member
jones said:
jerome2158 said:

Don't forget the stories about the underage prostitutes. Also read something about his grandmother receiving money from social services, because he refused to pay her some 1,000 euros a month (he's on 150k a week), and he even sued his aunt and her disabled daughter to take part in paying her needs.

Mind you, could be largely just gossip on the French media, but it's been around for a longer time now.

I believe he was cleared in terms of the prostitutes. Haven't heard about the other incidents though. Well....maybe that's why he's keeping quiet.

Top Bottom