• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League - 2016/17

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Will be great to have you guys support Ajax for a night. Who cares about how it makes English football look? The whole of Europe will see a young Ajax try and play football like it was supposed to be played, the beautiful game. The other side will field a squad 10 times as expensive as Ajax and will play boring defensive anti-football, with a manager that is despised by everybody who likes to be entertained. I don't think it will be a difficult choice for most of you, if you think about it. Besides, if United do well, it makes our European embarassements look even worse.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else conflicted between wanting United to fail and being too embarrassed for them/the league if they do?

Entertaining viewing though.

Can't wait until next season. The quality is so bad. Where's the europa final being held- might book my flights now :drool:

Why feel embarrassed just now? The performances from English teams in the Champions League/Europa have been poor for a long time now.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Will be great to have you guys support Ajax for a night. Who cares about how it makes English football look? The whole of Europe will see a young Ajax try and play football like it was supposed to be played, the beautiful game. The other side will field a squad 10 times as expensive as Ajax and will play boring defensive anti-football, with a manager that is despised by everybody who likes to be entertained. I don't think it will be a difficult choice for most of you, if you think about it. Besides, if United do well, it makes our European embarassements look even worse.

Well spoken and congrats on the final! What are our chances you think?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well spoken and congrats on the final! What are our chances you think?
Congrats to you! We might have an extra party on Sunday too! :)

Our chances depend on which United shows up. They have the quality to sweep our young boys away but knowing Mourinho they will sit back. I fancy our chances if they give Ziyech, Younes, Dolberg et al. time on the ball, I really do.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Congrats to you! We might have an extra party on Sunday too! :)

Our chances depend on which United shows up. They have the quality to sweep our young boys away but knowing Mourinho they will sit back. I fancy our chances if they give Ziyech, Younes, Dolberg et al. time on the ball, I really do.

If Feyenoord manages to mess things up on sunday i might just die of laughter. They can't mess it up surely!? lol Feyenoord.

Europa League final is going to be interesting. If the Ajax youngsters turn up we can beat them. Can't wait for the final!

say yes

forum master baiter
Why feel embarrassed just now? The performances from English teams in the Champions League/Europa have been poor for a long time now.

Where did you get the 'just now' from?

English teams have been totally embarrassing in Europe for years.

So embarrassing that I genuinely wouldn't begrudge United success in the competition. Fully expect any of the big clubs who end up in the Europa to win it, like Chelsea did a few years back (and I'll be holding Arsenal to that standard next season should we fail to get top 4).

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Where did you get the 'just now' from?

English teams have been totally embarrassing in Europe for years.

So embarrassing that I genuinely wouldn't begrudge United success in the competition. Fully expect any of the big clubs who end up in the Europa to win it, like Chelsea did a few years back (and I'll be holding Arsenal to that standard next season should we fail to get top 4).

Yeah fair enough, I agree with this. I thought you meant you'd only be embarrassed because of the result of this tournament.

mm76again...

Personally I can't understand wanting a rival to do well ever, let alone win a European trophy that salvages their season. And managed by Mourinho too. Any right-thinking Gooner will be wishing failure on them.

And the more embarrassing the manner of the failure the better.

my dislike of Moan U has reduced from utter total hatred under fergus**te to something slightly less emotional now - i can even watch them win on MOTD if Rooney hasn't played - but while it would actually be amusing to see Yanited fans try to make a big deal out of something they would've sniffed at a season or two ago, i wouldn't like them to win CL football and lord it over us

and anyway i'd like Ajax to win as they're a good club with strong Arsenal connections

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If not for the fact that it's Man Utd winning a game or the fact that they win a european trophy or Mourinho being happy or Man Utd fans being smug about being in the CL then I might have considered rooting for them.

Top Bottom