• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League 2017-2018

Would you be okay with Wenger staying on as manager if he wins the Europa League?

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We have the ability to play the odd tactical, disciplined masterclass and that's what we have to do in the EL. After so many trophyless years, I don't want to turn down the chance of any trophy especially after the FA Cup misery.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
With us out of the FA-cup and our fringe players with a few exceptions looking awful Wenger should play his strongest line-up in the EL, starting against the Swedes. I don`t care at all if Elneny, Walcott, Iwobi or Holding feel they should play because they did in the group stage.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With us out of the FA-cup and our fringe players with a few exceptions looking awful Wenger should play his strongest line-up in the EL, starting against the Swedes. I don`t care at all if Elneny, Walcott, Iwobi or Holding feel they should play because they did in the group stage.
Should be some first teamers with the youngsters.

I want to see the likes of AMN, Nelson and potentially even Nketiah and Willock next to proper first teamers. AMN should start in midfield in the EL next to Wilshere, Xhaka or Ramsey, use that as a breeding ground for these kind of combinations. Instead of Iwobi, play Nelson next to an Özil/Lacazette/Alexis. Putting them in teams to play second fiddle to **** fringe seniors is hurting their development. Wenger needs to let them learn from the better players in the squad.

ClubLevel

As much as it would be refreshing to win the Europa. You just know that Costa will end up putting us out as soon as we meet Atletico.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
As much as it would be refreshing to win the Europa. You just know that Costa will end up putting us out as soon as we meet Atletico.
No he won’t. With his temperament I wouldn’t rule out him getting sent off in the EL and thereby suspended. Also, if Barca can slip up a couple of games Atletico would be right in the La Liga title race. I’m pretty sure if that happens Simeone would surely prioritize the League over the EL, because he has already won the EL and I would assume winning La Liga over Barcelona and Real is more prestigious than Winning the EL again.

Also if the draw can go in our favor who knows if Atletico get Napoli or Dortmund? By the way Dortmund are nowhere near being a great team and Napoli are involved in a Serie A title race with Juventus (surely winning Serie A will be more important for Napoli because they haven’t won it since Maradonna’s days and would love to end Juve’s domination of Italy)

As for those 18 users who voted for option two, I suggest change your vote now. The EL is Arsenal’s only realistic chance of finishing with a CL spot.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Except for AMN since our options are so awful in midfield, **** playing the youngsters. None of them are so talented as to be worth making that kinda risk in what's now our most important competition just so we can develop them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Latest weather outlook for the days leading up to the game. I think I read there’s a possibility they postpone the game if it’s -15 or below.

1zb5ibr.png

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Latest weather outlook for the days leading up to the game. I think I read there’s a possibility they postpone the game if it’s -15 or below.

1zb5ibr.png

We should have bought a couple of Inuit footballers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

1zb5ibr.png

-15 ain't nothing

you do realize us Swedes grew up doing our preseason on gravel in the winter?

we had those fancy pants that looks like hitler pants

-15 isn't enough to postpone, it got to be either really windy and/or snowing to. that are the rules for my school and fieldtrips atleast

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
-15 ain't nothing

you do realize us Swedes grew up doing our preseason on gravel in the winter?

we had those fancy pants that looks like hitler pants

-15 isn't enough to postpone, it got to be either really windy and/or snowing to. that are the rules for my school and fieldtrips atleast

I was out shoveling away 50cm of snow today for 4 hours when it was -12 so I know it’s not that bad ;) We sometimes get as low as -30 in Västernorrland.

Just saying what I had read. If it’s -15 the teams consult with the refs to see if the game will go ahead.

http://osdsport.se/gar-det-att-spela-fotboll-i-ostersund-15-februari/

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Poll idea:

Would you be okay with Wenger staying another year if we win Europa?

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Poll idea:

Would you be okay with Wenger staying another year if we win Europa?
If Arsenal win the EL then Wenger will (at least) complete his contract. Period.

In that rare scenario (remember Arsenal winning the EL ahead of Ateltcio is still a long shot and do not forget that there is still a second leg left against Milan!) if we do win the UEFA Cup and Wenger then stays beyond the summer, I don’t expect anything different as far as the PL is concerned.

After the Leicester season I have accepted that we are not gonna win the PL again with Arsène. My season goals would be to win the League Cup (the only trophy Wenger has never won in over two decades) and finish in the top four. Another FA Cup run would be nice too, because I cannot see any manager surpassing a (potential) record 8 FA Cup triumphs. As for the CL, I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy Arsenal in that competition without really expecting anything.

Top Bottom