• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Europa League: Arsenal 1 - 0 FC Zurich | Thursday 3rd, November | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20221030-214805.png

Screenshot-20221030-213757.png

Prediction

3-0

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah but the B team seems to exhibit the same characteristics as the A team, which is creating chances but not scoring them, so forgive me for seeing a pattern.

Yes, we still do need a top to elite level finisher. On top of that an attacking winger as well.

As well as we are doing, we aren’t the finished article yet. Don’t forget that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Couldnt watch the game last night, so need to catch up on the performance.

For me, our depth/rotation is good enough for the first round of EL matches, and probably early rounds of the EL and FA Cup. We will need to play our starters from March onwards, so hopefully we can get in a player or two in January.

Think the PL and EL should be our main focus this season, next season we can go beyond that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

For me, our depth/rotation is good enough for the first round of EL matches, and probably early rounds of the EL and FA Cup. We will need to play our starters from March onwards, so hopefully we can get in a player or two in January.

Think the PL and EL should be our main focus this season, next season we can go beyond that.
It's an interesting notion that Arsenal won 4/6 of the group stage matches with one goal. Based on that, the rotation was very good to get just those results, because even one draw from those would have got us finishing 2nd which would have been catastrophic for fatique next year. Goldbridge was fuming United got 2 extra games for next year.

I really hope Arteta forfeits Carabao Cup by playing youth and 2nd team only.

But I can't see him forfeiting FA Cup, and not sure I want that. There's less games in FA Cup, plus we should get injured players back and reinforcements like you say.

This new system where the 2nd teams get two games against UCL opponents is pretty nice, because it gives much more to play for at the end of group stage.

ThePortugueseGunner

It was a very successful group stage. We secured first place, doing so with one loss and five wins. Now, onto the next stage where some bigger fish will be present. Hopefully we can dodge some of the biggest clubs until later on, so that we can rotate the squad for the longest time possible.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I copy this tweet here from the United thread. This is what we could have got if we drew any of those four wins by one goal.

United rotated less than Arsenal and finished 2nd. And people moan about the rotation.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It's an interesting notion that Arsenal won 4/6 of the group stage matches with one goal. Based on that, the rotation was very good to get just those results, because even one draw from those would have got us finishing 2nd which would have been catastrophic for fatique next year. Goldbridge was fuming United got 2 extra games for next year.

I really hope Arteta forfeits Carabao Cup by playing youth and 2nd team only.

But I can't see him forfeiting FA Cup, and not sure I want that. There's less games in FA Cup, plus we should get injured players back and reinforcements like you say.

This new system where the 2nd teams get two games against UCL opponents is pretty nice, because it gives much more to play for at the end of group stage.

It also means those CL dropouts can get eliminated straight away before we face them.

Let's play Aubamawang

I copy this tweet here from the United thread. This is what we could have got if we drew any of those four wins by one goal.

United rotated less than Arsenal and finished 2nd. And people moan about the rotation.

That's fine. Nobody really wants United in the FA Cup anyway. Let them forfeit.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
1667578835652.png

Not being able to face another group winner in the last 16 is disappointing. The last 16 (played in early March) is guaranteed to be a tricky tie.

If Utd get past their playoff they will have an easy tie in the last 16. This isn’t fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom