Europa League expectations

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krackpot, May 4, 2019.

?

Expectations from the EL final

1. Nothing but a win!

86.5%
  2. Que Sera, Sera

8.1%
  3. Happy to get this far.

5.4%
  1. say yes

say yes To VAR

A club of our stature should always be reaching the semi / final in this competition.

We did what was expected of us last year (Atletico are simply a better team), and we’re doing it again this year. Expect us to reach the final; anything can happen once we’re there.

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Atletico were not better though, we battered them at home only for our strikers to miss chances.

Even away, individual errors cost us.

3. say yes

say yes To VAR

Atletico were a better team. Their star players (Oblak, Godin) showed up while guys like Koscielny bottled it for us.

krackpot likes this.
  4. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

IF we get to the final then for me it is what it is, we win great, we lose its also no shame assuming its Chelsea, as bad as we are making Chelsea out to be they still currently sit above us in the league, have Hazard etc, they are no mugs.

Frankfurt, from what I know aren't exactly the worst team, we should be beating them and unfortunately even if they are a good side no one will expect anything less than a win anyway due to their lower reputation in the footballing world; we lose to Frankfurt in the final the media and rival fans will rip us throughout the summer..

But lets finish the job in Valencia first!

krackpot likes this.
  5. JuanCarlosValeron

JuanCarlosValeron Well-Known Member

Two additional good european ebenings and we can sit on our hands all summer whilst the other teams upgrade and Levy wonders how he is going to convince the fans to come in on a thursday night

6. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

We should be winning this competition, that's it.

I expect the boys to deliver in these next two games against Valencia and likely Chelsea.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Well i'm expecting us to win this competition but anything can happen in Final we wont get lucky and face Ajax u21 in the final like manutd did we'll likely face either Chelsea or Frankfurt who having great season bundesliga. we wont even know what will happen against Valencia even we are in great position but our away form is poverty.

krackpot likes this.
  8. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Agreed mate, our team is poverty, Emery has done well to take us this far.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

i think he took this squad where he could just like last season we faced similar problems that's mean most players we got in this squad are not good enough.

krackpot likes this.
  10. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

5th/6th place PL teams should always be the far-and-away favorites in this competition, barring instances where one of Europe's elite (~10 clubs or so) drops down from the CL.

11. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Like Atletico last season. That was such rotten luck!

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  12. turkish gooner

turkish gooner Well-Known Member

Btw a chelsea final makes secure our CL Ticket?

cuz if we win the final we ll join CL,

if we lose against Chelsea final they already got top 4 so the 5th team will join CL.

13. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

Omg! Please close this thread.

It is very disrespectful to Valencia. I am serious.

14. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Active Member

I don't think it works like that. We only get 5 teams if a team outside the top 4 wins the competition. Although I would love to see what happens if one day the CL and EL winners both finish outside the top 4. Uefa would have a meltdown

15. ggunner12345

ggunner12345 Active Member

Bit early for this thread. If we get to the final then this thread would be relevant. I agree with iamdguy this is thread is disrespectful to Valencia

16. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Might have to sacrifice 4th place. Didn't Chelsea deny Sp**s when they won the CL?

17. ggunner12345

ggunner12345 Active Member

Chelsea did deny Sp**s

18. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

One of Kante or Hazard need to miss the game. Will be a big help.

19. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

We need to win so badly. Im not even too concerned with the cup itself. I just want to get in the CL so we can have a proper transfer budget

20. Vardy9

Vardy9 New Member

Thoughts?