• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Quarter Final: Napoli v Arsenal

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Meant PL vs Bundesliga. Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern all being knocked out by English teams. Leipzig finishing below Celtic if you wanna go all British route. Or Hoffenheim finishing bottom of City's group. Basically apart from Frankfurt now, German teams haven't really done well in Europe this season.... or anytime in recent seasons.

Seria A has some problem.Apart from Juve who played two finals,others are kinda average.Think that Inter was last team from Italy that won some European competition.Almost 9 years ago.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Meant PL vs Bundesliga. Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern all being knocked out by English teams. Leipzig finishing below Celtic if you wanna go all British route. Or Hoffenheim finishing bottom of City's group. Basically apart from Frankfurt now, German teams haven't really done well in Europe this season.... or anytime in recent seasons.
If you're going down that route English teams have done **** all in Europe too for the last decade. Aside from a ridiculous fluke CL in 2012 and a piss poor EL win in 2017 what have English clubs done internationally? And that's despite raking in more money than the rest of the continent put together, pisspot clubs like QPR earning more TV revenue than Bayern or Juve etc

Tottenham going past a Dortmund team in the middle of massive meltdown or City thrashing relegation battlers Schalke does not exactly constitute grounds for talking **** about other leagues. The EPL is pound for pound still the biggest joke in Europe, loads of plastic clubs competing, worst refs in the world, * like Hughes or Pardew constantly in top flight jobs etc pp

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If you're going down that route English teams have done **** all in Europe too for the last decade. Aside from a ridiculous fluke CL in 2012 and a piss poor EL win in 2017 what have English clubs done internationally? And that's despite raking in more money than the rest of the continent put together, pisspot clubs like QPR earning more TV revenue than Bayern or Juve etc

Tottenham going past a Dortmund team in the middle of massive meltdown or City thrashing relegation battlers Schalke does not exactly constitute grounds for talking **** about other leagues. The EPL is pound for pound still the biggest joke in Europe, loads of plastic clubs competing, worst refs in the world, * like Hughes or Pardew constantly in top flight jobs etc pp

They had their period of domination from 2007 to 2012.Every league has ups and downs,nothing wrong with that.Think that they'll be better in next seasons.City and Liverpool are good teams now.Arsenal and Utd can maybe do better than Sp**s and Chelsea.

Smail

I hope our fans get back safely from the trip to the mob city, but i would enjoy some action on aftv after the game if it all goes well

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's going to be an interesting matchup for this lifelong Arsenal fan:

161063.jpg

maradona-arsenal.jpeg

Maradona_Napoli_2.jpg

maradona-coppa-uefa.jpg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Come around to think this is definitely not a bad tie actually. Between both legs, we have Newcastle, Everton and Watford, all very winnable games. That should be 9 points and would most likely see us in 3rd since Sp**s have City away.

So we either win this tie and have an absolutely massive chance of winning the EL since they are the toughest opposition or we lose but are sat 3rd in the league and can definitely secure a top 4 finish.

This is all provided we don't **** up in the league and then lose, but I really hope and don't think we'll do that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Come around to think this is definitely not a bad tie actually. Between both legs, we have Newcastle, Everton and Watford, all very winnable games. That should be 9 points and would most likely see us in 3rd since Sp**s have City away.

So we either win this tie and have an absolutely massive chance of winning the EL since they are the toughest opposition or we lose but are sat 3rd in the league and can definitely secure a top 4 finish.

This is all provided we don't **** up in the league and then lose, but I really hope and don't think we'll do that.
Agree but will remind you that Newcastle are going to be fighting for their lives. Watford are also not a bad side. They're not sitting top half for no reason. Everton will also be wanting to pick up form but really sdon't have much to play for anymore.
There are no easy games in this league but I agree that we'll need to really stuff up to be out of the Europa and top 4 after these fixtures.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Totally agree - I do see the PL as in the mix for another domination, but it's down to money and money alone and should have come way earlier.

Some absolutely piss-poor squad and coach management over the last years. The performance-to-money-spent ratio is abysmal for most years.

It was just a matter of time, most players end up here. I mean, I love it, but it's not down to extraordinary inner workings of clubs..

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

9 Pts on paper sure, I would be very very pleasantly surprised if this translates to 9 points on the board.

Expect 7 at best. This is the Premiership. This is Arsenal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Is he really a fan?

Yes, absolutely. He's spoken of it many times. Maybe not in the way he's a fan of Boca Juniors or Napoli, but he wanted to sign for Arsenal when he was 19 (the league wouldn't let him, which was an incredibly stupid decision in retrospect). During Arsène's years Diego often spoke about how much he loved watching them and the beautiful football they played. And you see him wearing Arsenal stuff a lot.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes, absolutely. He's spoken of it many times. Maybe not in the way he's a fan of Boca Juniors or Napoli, but he wanted to sign for Arsenal when he was 19 (the league wouldn't let him, which was an incredibly stupid decision in retrospect). During Arséne's years Diego often spoke about how much he loved watching them and the beautiful football they played. And you see him wearing Arsenal stuff a lot.
I would say this is awesome but he is quite a royal prick...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The Italian guy I work with now has tickets for the 2nd leg. I said to him "All that way just to see your team get knocked out!" :rofl:

gkoat

I've got a feeling Chelsea don't make the final. Favourable draw for them, but they are inconsistent, think the game in Prague might not go well for them.
Chelsea will be very interesting. After they gave up points last weekend they no longer have a game in hand. I'm thinking they're valuing the Europa league more with each point dropped. They should be able to walk through this next round but if they have good chances at top 4 I don't see them playing their starters for the semis. If they continue to crash, however, they may rotate for top sixatches on the backend of pl schedule and put all their energy into uel a la klopp a few years back.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some absolutely piss-poor squad and coach management over the last years. The performance-to-money-spent ratio is abysmal for most years.

With all the money injected since almost a decade now, it's actually a bit embarassing how bad English teams have done internationally in the recent past.

And I agree with you that a lot has to do with One-Man-Shows - be it the manager or a president/investor - running the clubs without much further football acumen in executive jobs and this resulting in abysmal squadbuilding and manager choices at times.

Don't think it's a big coincidence that clubs who have come to adapt a more continental, multi layerd leadership model are doing better: Liverpool since they scrapped their Transfer Committee and have Michael Edwards, the structure at Leicester with multiple Scouts and Directors, City have brought in Begiristain and Soriano in 2012 and their recruiting seems a bit more focused in comparison to 08 to 12. And those club who had such a structure for longer weren't helped by the fluctuation. Chelsea are a shambles, United are, Fulham did horrible business this summer, Newcastle are a joke somewhat - they're all still one man shows.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Chelsea will be very interesting. After they gave up points last weekend they no longer have a game in hand. I'm thinking they're valuing the Europa league more with each point dropped. They should be able to walk through this next round but if they have good chances at top 4 I don't see them playing their starters for the semis. If they continue to crash, however, they may rotate for top sixatches on the backend of pl schedule and put all their energy into uel a la klopp a few years back.

When I look at the current Chelsea I just get a thought that none of the players really want to be there, their just there.

Sometimes they turn it on, sometimes they don't, Prague could be a difficult place to go, Chelsea is such a weird and soulless club, half the time I forget they even exist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom