• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This could be really tricky and playing in artificial grass will have a high risk of injuries.
This is the game of their lifetime, so they will undoubtedly have extreme motivation.

A mix of Europa team with first teamers is needed in first leg, so then we can finish them off at Emirates.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This could be really tricky and playing in artificial grass will have a high risk of injuries.
This is the game of their lifetime, so they will undoubtedly have extreme motivation.

A mix of Europa team with first teamers is needed in first leg, so then we can finish them off at Emirates.

Four of the Europa team left in January. Anyway, we have nothing to play for in the league so this should get the focus of the first team. The only players I’d leave out are people like Wilshere and Welbeck, possibly Koscielny. The ones who get injured easily.

Malky

Established Member
Don't see the issue with the 'plastic pitch', most pro's train on them now, I'm pretty certain we have them at the training ground at Arsenal. In all honesty I love playing on them! If I had a choice I would rather play on them every time over a torn up, heavy grass surface.
No doubt Wenger will have that, and the weather conditions, lined up as his pre-written excuse if the game goes tits up for us.
playing in artificial grass will have a high risk of injuries.

For what it's worth, that's a myth. Injuries on the surface only really occur because the player is wearing the wrong type of stud pattern on their boots.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm pretty certain we have them at the training ground at Arsenal.
Those are hybrid grass pitches, not the same thing as Ostersunds' pitch. It's not a myth that those cause more injuries, there have been studies done showing this.

Malky

Established Member
Those are hybrid grass pitches, not the same thing as Ostersunds' pitch. It's not a myth that those cause more injuries, there have been studies done showing this.
They're FIFA approved, there's tests that all pitches need to pass before they're considered playable at pro standard. When has one ever been removed because of the amount of injuries they cause? I've been playing on 3g/4g pitches three times a week for the best part of 10 years and I've never injured myself, or know of anyone who has been injured because of the pitch.
The only noticeable difference going from grass - astro grass is the ball has a different bounce on it, but that should take them around 2-3 minutes to get used to.
With the temperatures that they'll be playing in, it would be more dangerous playing on an actual grass surface than astro.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I honestly see a draw or loss in this match given the weather conditions.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Most likely result would be a draw, and we will finish them off at the Emirates.

FreakySami

Don't care if we don't get an amazing result here. Don't risk injuries. Use only those who are capable, then batter them at home

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin's one of the few I'd like to see rested. Only missed around 7 games for us this season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Difficult. Have to balance chance of injury, and testing players with the fact Europa is our only chance of redemption this season.

Carabao doesn’t cut it

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Modern artificial surfaces bear no more risk of injury than grass. They're completely different from the old, hard Astroturf surfaces that were laid over concrete (and from which the notion of increased injury risk stems). Modern surfaces feature fills (high-quality Terra XPS in the pitch this game will be played upon) that make them play similar to grass, but smoother. Here's a piece that was in The Guardian a few years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-why-its-time-to-destigmatize-plastic-pitches

As for the weather, I just checked and it will be just below freezing, but not snowing. Also, I think I saw somewhere that this was a heated pitch. So I don't think things will be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom