Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 10, 2018.

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 15, 2018.
  1. Östersunds Win

2. Draw

3. Arsenal Win

4. It Doesn't Matter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linson

Linson Well-Known Member

Wow that was boring.

Honestly, I was expecting our performance to border on arrogance and come away with a very heavy win. I guess I underestimated Ostersunds to my own embarrassment and congratulations to them for it. However, on a negative side, that wasn't far off our starting XI and they really didn't play well enough at all.

Ospina 7
    Bellerin 6
    Mustafi 6
    Chambers 6
    Monreal 7
    Maitland 4
    Elneny 5
    Miki 5
    Iwobi 6
    Özil 6
    Welbeck 3

Wenger 3 - should have brought on youngsters as soon as we were 3-0 up. Why risk the seniors out here?

What the hell has happened to Welbeck? He's gone from being an ineffective workhorse, to ineffective and workshy?

And why is Kolasinac looking more and more underconfident?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He does need the games definitely and perhaps a more dynamic partner than Elneny. Would rather have seen him with Xhaka, even though he's not flavor of the month currently.

He needs to sharpen up though if he wants to convince Wenger. He wants to emulate Vieira? Vieira would have stomped all over this midfield today through sheer force of will, let alone with his technical quality. Big fan of the kid, but I know he can do a lot better.
  3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

How just, how can you blame Neketiah that our form dropped today and say he is not ready for this level. Beyond idiotic. He is one of the biggest reason we are in Carling Cup final.

Our form dropped long before the youngsters came on, and the fact that our youngsters didn't show their best today is because that the form of senior players dropped. Zero blame on our brilliant talents.
    krackpot, MutableEarth and tap-in like this.
  4. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

How in the name of **** did Welbeck make it as a pro footballer at Man Utd and now with Arsenal? He is ****ing horrendous, Ostersunds looked like his level tonight. I'm genuinely struggling to see what talent Wenger see's in Welbeck.
    HollandGooner and Linson like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

The same thing happened in previous EL games :lol: I mean I remember Nelson coming on at 6-0 while the rest of the team were in cruise control at that point
    Makingtrax and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  6. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Just turned this on thinking it started at 8pm ffs.
  7. hydrofluoric acid

Just blame the youngsters. Its easier.
  8. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Be happy you missed it. Even though we won 3-0, we still looked like **** in the final third and we were still vulnerable defensively. On top of that, Mkhitaryan and Özil nearly played the entire game, which left little time for Nketiah and Nelson.
    BBF and Linson like this.
  9. hydrofluoric acid

I love how everyone is copying the names when I rate players after the game and because they copy my list everyone is forgetting Elneny. :lol::lol::lol:
    Rygura, Linson, al-Ustaadh and 2 others like this.
  10. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

It's incredible how clumsy Mustafi is. Chambers is really the opposite. So calm, with and without the ball. Is not playing long balls every time.
    Linson likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

You just missed fun first 30 minutes from us after that was so boring
    BBF likes this.
  12. tap-in

tap-in :|

Next week I hope we start with Nketiah, Nelson & AMN.
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

Giving a youngsters 10 minutes to impress is very short of time. Both should've came in after the 3rd goal anyway I'm 100% sure both will start at 2nd leg
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  14. yousif_arsenal

Bad day for ox. Great we got 40M from his sale
  15. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

That's probably a good thing.

Linson and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  16. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

17. hydrofluoric acid

Yeah even if Chambers made few mistakes he didn't reply in rash way or anything like that. He take every position he faces in the game very calmly. Does he have quality to make it at this level, it remain still to be seen!

Mustafi is very hasty and rash. I'm always worried.
  18. field442

field442 Abandoned Arsenal for ice hockey

Can’t believe the amount of moaning about a 3-0 away win. Yeah they’re a poor team but they still managed to beat Hertha Berlin and hold Bilbao to a draw. We never looked like losing even though we weren’t playing at our best and had a completely makeshift midfield.
  19. MkhiMagic

MkhiMagic Well-Known Member

Does that typically count as an assist? The cross that led to an own goal? Didn't know it did.
  20. yousif_arsenal

I really don't think so but doesn't matter his pass to Özil was so good.
    MkhiMagic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.