• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Shouldn't it be UEFA approved? Fifa?!?!? :eek:
The pitches I play on are Fifa approved, but yeah, I would think for a stadium for European competitions and could host international fixtures it would need to be Uefa approved?
There's a reason why Welbeck was held out of Sutton away last season as he was coming back from injury.
Welbeck? The guy with the awful injury record who could injure himself watching TV? The surface he plays on should be the least of that donkeys problems.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

halfvolley

Don't think the injury thing is true, at least it's never an argument bandied about here in Sweden. About half the teams in the top league play on plastic these days. People do complain about it of course (as well we should!) but that has little to do with injury concerns.

The three main arguments against it are:
1. Football should be played on grass, not ****ing plastic.
2. It has too much impact on the game. It's too predictable and very fast. There's often a notable difference to how your team plays on grass and how they play on plastic. Teams with a plastic 'turf' tend to do worse on grass.
3. Many plastic pitches are harder to slide and fall on. This leads to a less physical game and fewer sliding tackles. People want to see players at the top level giving it their all.

Of course there are many advantages to plastic as well, especially in a country with our winters. But football on the highest level should not be played on plastic. It's unseemly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Are we in a bit of a pickle now with Lacazette out injured? I know Welbeck is back to fitness but we've purposely chosen not to play him on an artificial pitch before. Now it looks like we don't have a choice.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think Welbeck held back from the game because he was just coming back from a long-term injury, he must have played on artificial surfaces for England at some point in his career.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What a disaster. Our chances of winning this have diminished considerably.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think Welbeck held back from the game because he was just coming back from a long-term injury, he must have played on artificial surfaces for England at some point in his career.

Isn't he coming back from an injury right now though? I can't remember.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Isn't he coming back from an injury right now though? I can't remember.
He is, but I think coming back from a knee cartilage injury as he would have against Sutton is a much greater risk than the muscle injury he's had recently.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You could get away with playing Nketiah against this lot. They are ****.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We should win this even if we played Bellerin up top. But Welbz will do the job just fine. He'll score one or two of his trademark WTFs

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Fu.ck!! Absolute disaster. All those hating at Laca jinxed it, now look at us! WHAT DO WE DO NOW
LOL

Stop panicking. It's not like Lacazette was guaranteeing goals. Time for something new again...with perhaps Nketiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom