• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Realistically we should be looking to beat these guys with Arsène himself up front. It's the latter rounds we need to be worried about.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nketiah all day, every day. What's even the point in registering him if there's no trust to play him against some random Swedish side.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Shame I can't be there to watch it live and yet i was there only a month ago for skiweek Åre. I've actually moved further away from Östersund since I moved to Stockholm :lol:

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Those are hybrid grass pitches, not the same thing as Ostersunds' pitch. It's not a myth that those cause more injuries, there have been studies done showing this.
They are murder for competitive games. From a Celtic point of view we played Kilmarnock recently on their pitch and had two boys off injured in twenty minutes. Another boy Simunovic can't even play on them competitively.

For top pros they should be used for training only but not competitive football. The give of the surface or lack of is dangerous.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

They are murder for competitive games. From a Celtic point of view we played Kilmarnock recently on their pitch and had two boys off injured in twenty minutes. Another boy Simunovic can't even play on them competitively.

For top pros they should be used for training only but not competitive football. The give of the surface or lack of is dangerous.
A tiny club in Jämtland in the middle of February doesn't have much of a choice though. These guys didn't even play in the Swedish top division only 3 years ago.

IslingtonBornandbred

I can't believe some of you guys are writing this away fixture off as an easy win. Sutton gave us a good game at their ground, like Newport gave Sp**s a game at their ground. Factor in the pitch and the weather and this team will be a lot tougher at their place.

I think there's a false belief by some fans of "top" clubs that everyone else are "farmers". These are professionals who earn a good salary for playing at their level, most whom have been at bigger clubs before. Ostersunds have already beaten PAOK at home, beaten Hertha at home, drew with Bilbao at home, drew with Hertha away. Their not going to be an easy game especially at their place.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I can't believe some of you guys are writing this away fixture off as an easy win. Sutton gave us a good game at their ground, like Newport gave Sp**s a game at their ground. Factor in the pitch and the weather and this team will be a lot tougher at their place.

I think there's a false belief by some fans of "top" clubs that everyone else are "farmers". These are professionals who earn a good salary for playing at their level, most whom have been at bigger clubs before. Ostersunds have already beaten PAOK at home, beaten Hertha at home, drew with Bilbao at home, drew with Hertha away. Their not going to be an easy game especially at their place.
Realistically this is the easiest tie we could have asked for in the last 16

The fact its a two legged tie realistically even if we lose away from home we should win at home and qualify. If we don't, well....

Linson

I hope we see a good mix of youngsters and fringe players for this. I can see Nelson, Welbeck, AMN, Kolasinac, Holding, Chambers and Ospina getting game time.

Ospina
??? - Chambers - Holding - Kolasinac
AMN - Willock - ???
Nelson - Welbeck - ???

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I hope we see a good mix of youngsters and fringe players for this. I can see Nelson, Welbeck, AMN, Kolasinac, Holding, Chambers and Ospina getting game time.

Ospina
??? - Chambers - Holding - Kolasinac
AMN - Willock - ???
Nelson - Welbeck - ???

So pretty much a completely different 11 to the league team. Chances of this happening given our league situation are slim to none.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I hope we field a strong team for the second leg, regardless of the result on Thursday, simply because the romantic in me wants the visiting fans and team to have a memorable experience - without giving us any sort of fright, that is

Linson

So pretty much a completely different 11 to the league team. Chances of this happening given our league situation are slim to none.

Well there are 3 gaps in my line up for potentially more experienced players, so I guess you can insert whoever you want if you think it needs to be more experienced.

I don't think we need to risk too many important players in a match we should comfortably win. Having said that we shouldn't be too complacent, they've made it this far for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom