• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
I expect some big signings in the summer to give him a better send off.
Partly it would be waste of money, spending big money before new manager comes in. New manager could have different needs, ideas and philosophy. Current squad is in rebuilding stage. It's the best time to give keys to the new man. He should be able to get his own team rather than Wenger's. We can't rebuild for example every two years, we don't have City like resources.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Partly it would be waste of money, spending big money before new manager comes in. New manager could have different needs, ideas and philosophy. Current squad is in rebuilding stage. It's the best time to give keys to the new man. He should be able to get his own team rather than Wenger's. We can't rebuild for example every two years, we don't have City like resources.

Yes but I dont see Wenger leaving or being sacked before his contract is up and we cant sit still in the summer. I agree with you, I just dont think he will go mid contract. We'll see how it pans out, I hope the BoD surprise me.

Preacher

Always Crying
Yes but I dont see Wenger leaving or being sacked before his contract is up and we cant sit still in the summer. I agree with you, I just dont think he will go mid contract. We'll see how it pans out, I hope the BoD surprise me.
Decisions after this season will show what our board is about for good. If they will choose wrong options taking into account all the circumstances, then it's official our future is very vague. In my eyes it will be the last chance to right a wrong.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger need's to play the best team possible - no youngsters. Iwobi instead of PEA and Welbeck for the injured Laca.

We need to get as many goals as possible in this fixture so that the game at home can have some replacements. We may need to rest some before the big game with City.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Whenever there's a crucial game or we're at the business end of the season, important players get injured.

We needed Ramsey and Laca to be fit. Lost count of the number of time Ramsey has let us down on this front.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Whenever there's a crucial game or we're at the business end of the season, important players get injured.

We needed Ramsey and Laca to be fit. Lost count of the number of time Ramsey has let us down on this front.

It's why if a big offer comes from abroad you just have to consider it for Ramsey. Moments of brilliance but Mr unreliable and inconsistent.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Prefer to have Özil, Wilshere on the bench. No need to risk them on plastic pitches if we can avoid it tbh. Hold them to a draw and do the business next week at the emirates. Bring on the big guns if we're losing, I'd take a draw as a positive result.

Ospina
Bellerin - Mustafi - Holding - Kolasinac
AMN - Willock
Nelson - Iwobi - Mkhi
Nketiah​
The injury concern is fair, but I do think we need to respect our opposition a bit. With your lineup, only Bellerin, Mustafi, and Mkhi are regular starters, and the latter only just got here. I'm all for giving youth a chance but I'm wary of throwing them all into this tie. If it's "just" AMN, Nelson, and Nketiah, they'll benefit more from the experience by playing alongside experienced players anyways. Ensuring a good result is in our best interest here.

MkhiMagic

Play the youth in the league if you must? If we go on a great run we finish 6th, if we go on a bad run we finish 6th. Also if we win the league cup final we automatically qualify for EL next year. Already hampered with no PEA and Laca being out for 6 weeks in this competition. No messing around, put out the best possible lineups for the EL, our only chance of redemption.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The injury concern is fair, but I do think we need to respect our opposition a bit. With your lineup, only Bellerin, Mustafi, and Mkhi are regular starters, and the latter only just got here. I'm all for giving youth a chance but I'm wary of throwing them all into this tie. If it's "just" AMN, Nelson, and Nketiah, they'll benefit more from the experience by playing alongside experienced players anyways. Ensuring a good result is in our best interest here.
But we can play our senior defence can't we. Keep the experienced pro on the bench ready to play a part if their help is needed. Our defence should be able to keep them in abeyance for the first half at least. And if it seems as if our attack isn't being able to do the job bring them on in the second half.
Whatever happens it'll be interesting to see the teak that Wenger puts out on Thursday, till now he's effectively been playing the reserves in the Europa. If he puts out the first team then it would show a change in attitude.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great, no Wilshere or Ramsey means will likely see the Xhaka-Elneny borefest.

HBL

Established Member
Welbz (Nketiah please)
Iwobi - Özil - Mkhi
Elneny - AMN
Kola- Chambers - Mustafi - Bellerin
Ospina

Bench:
Macey
Xhaka
Holding
Monreal
Nketiah
Nelson
Wilshere

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Welbeck

Iwobi Özil Miki

Xhaka Elney

Kolaninac Holding Mustafi Bellerin

Ospina

As a rule of thumb, the best sides in Europe play with a 3 man midfield. See PSG and Real tonight for example. The only true exceptions to that are teams like Man City or Bayern who use out and out wingers up top meaning their full backs become quasi-DMs when they have the ball.

We on the other hand use 2 CMs and 2 inverted wide forwards. Our full backs play the role of wingers. It's actually amazing we're yet to see why this is such a disaster defensively and inefficient offensively

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom