• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Östersunds FK (0) | February 22, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

How many goals will we win by?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I'd love to go have a pint with him, shoot the **** and really getting to know him, he's such an interesting character. Reckon he's had some birds as well, he'll have some right stories. No football, just coke and hookers.
Arsène is one of the few famous people I could see myself lose control for. Like you said, he is extremely interesting and his perspective on matters can be eye opening. He seems a very open minded individual given his generation.

There are very few famous people in this world worth having a conversation with, Arsène to me stands quite high up.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can understand Wenger playing Welbeck tonight, even though I prefer he didnt. Wenger says he wants to tie him down to a new contract but hopefully he wants to play him whenever possible to see if its worth doing that. Wenger will always say things to lift a player regardless of whether he means it or not. He's not stupid, he can see how bad Welbeck is and if things dont improve he wont get a new contract.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why would you sell players like Walcott but also give Welbeck a new contract, weird.

I suppose being the manager he feels much more of the human element than we do as fans. He sees potential in training and he knows the individual, so he's not always prepared to lose faith in someone so easily. Maybe that can be a negative, but at the same time if managers behaved like fans with hiring and firing players they wouldn't be very good managers.

'Tis a risk though, arguably this is the last point of any real re-sale value for Welbeck. If he were given a new contract and continued to have injury problems it'd be near impossible to get any value out of him later on.

I don't think Wenger expects him to become prolific obviously, but at his best he can be useful. He's just nowhere near his best right now and rarely is on a consistent basis.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Strangely enough Welbeck's best qualities are arguably those which help towards the thing we often complain about not having, which is solidity and game management. At his best he's a defensive forward, someone able to harry and press the opposition defence & midfield. He's performed that role well on a number of occasions.

So I don't know if it's quite right to criticise Wenger for keeping faith in Welbeck as if we think Wenger is deluded and thinks he'll suddenly turn into TH14. Maybe Wenger sees Welbeck as that useful defensive forward who can help the team in that way, in which case shouldn't we be crediting Wenger for his pragmatism?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As long as Wenger learnt from the debacle at Forest, and puts strong reinforcements on the bench, just in case we go into panic stations, we'll walk it

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm looking forward to the game, it seems ages since we played, I know its only a week but seems longer because we've been out of PL action. I expect us to score a couple in the first 30 mins and effectively end the tie. If Welbeck shows no improvement I hope Wenger gives Nkeitah a chance next round.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can confirm that what I say has no impact on the match.
Oh, I dunno. Butterfly wings, Karma, energy transfer, cosmic links... etc, etc. There are more things in heaven and earth, deario, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wenger could lose 4-0 tonight, lose to Man City and then lose to Man City the week after and he'd still have a job. Old Wa*ker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom