Europa League R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Östersunds FK (0) | February 22, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 20, 2018.

?

How many goals will we win by?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2018.
  1. 1

20.0%
  2. 2

30.0%
  3. 3

26.7%
  4. 4

3.3%
  5. 5+

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Wenger: ". We run a little bit out of petrol ...too. "

"No idea why we run out of ... ideas.
    .. "

" could be that the handbrake was on ? a little.. maybe "

"We invited them to the Emirates with good intentions but they came for blood snd murder "

SuperGoon likes this.
  2. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

why is wenger still there? i'm sick of watching arsenal these days

Gooner Zig likes this.
  3. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

4. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

wenger picture...it turn to **** though:lol:

5. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians

Bravo. You're as soulless as the guys playing football for us.

6. Trilly

Trilly Thinks we'll win if we outscore the opposition

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Sh!tting their pants has become a theme under wenger in recent years. It has to be said.

We now add this loss to a plethora of embarrassing defeats under this man in Europe. Absolute joke of a manager in Europe. Pathetic.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  8. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Poundland hydro

Our first team fail in the league, our second team think they are too good for the Europa League.

Lovely stuff.

9. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Poundland hydro

lol mate, a week ago you were arguing that Wenger's record in Europe isn't poor

Trilly and Gooner Zig like this.
  10. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

A full international has always meant someone who has been picked for his national team. Even just the once. That is the definition. The relative strength of nations doesn't come into it but, with the exception of Armenia, all the teams you mention have qualified for a major tournament in recent years.

And the point was that this so-called second team was actually on paper infinitely superior to Ostersunds.

11. Linson

Linson Well-Known Member

This was a giant wake up call for the team. They all thought they were too good to play Ostersunds, all they thought they had to do was turn up and they'd win and were deservedly beaten on the night.

Shameful display by some shockingly senior players.

The clear out in the summer needs to continue. I'm looking at you Welbeck and Elneny.

12. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

All 3 players you mentioned might look good on FIFA or Youtube but fact is they don't cut it big time in the real world.

The case of Perez has been well documented. Campbell I had high hopes for but a nice touch here and there doesn't mean he is a world-beater In his senior club career he's scored 21 goals in 152 games, ok so he sometimes plays on the wing - that's still not a great return and also means he's picked to play fewer than 1 in 2 games. So, bearing in mind he's been out of loan all over the place, that's a lot of managers he is failing to impress.

As for Gnabry, I thought it was dumb to let him go but, again, he's hardly set the world alight has he? Okish season at Werder Bremen but only played eleven games in the past two seasons since Bayern bought him and farmed him out to Hoffenheim. Jury still well out on Serge.

13. Mark Tobias

No, I argued his record in cup runs wasn't bad. I stated that he has done well in Europe considering the teams he's had to field in Europe but that doesn't account for the last half a decade of dross we've been served up in Europe. That I've never denied.

14. Mark Tobias

:lol:

Linson likes this.
  15. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Hearing allot about the players not putting in a performance that puts them in contention for the Cup final. Maybe it's because they genuinely know their performance won't have an effect on the manager.

These are the same players watching Iwobi, elneny, Welbeck and who saw Walcott and Giroud constantly get game time. AMN knows that Wenger still throw Ramsey in. Wilshere probably knows as well. Nelson is sitting there watching Iwobi thiNking he could do better, but he won't get the chance due to seniority.

16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

The worst thing is I wasn't even surprised by this result :lol:

17. field442

field442 Abandoned Arteta for Emery

I was going to post last night about none of them staking a claim for a spot in the team on Sunday but then realised their performance was irrelevant. Wenger has players who’ll play regardless of performance/behaviour/discipline. Iwobi knows he’ll play despite being **** or breaking the rules. Xhaka knows he’ll play despite being **** for most of the season. Ospina knows that even if he threw the ball in his own net last night he’d be playing. Bellerin knows he’ll be playing no matter what because there’s no other right back.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

EL has been such a disappoint in terms of selection and management. Started the group stages with a back three when it was clear that a 4231 etc suited everyone more.

The younger players didn’t get the minutes we were expecting and when they did it was mostly out of position.

SuperGoon, Gooner Zig and Sanis like this.
  19. Furious

Furious Elneny on, telly off

Wishlisters and squadbuilders have changed tone from:

"AMN is better than Xhaka and has to play in CM!!!"

To:

"He was only **** in CM because Wenger will play Ramsey anyway"

Interesting change of affairs.

Toby Andrl and Makingtrax like this.
  20. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

I'm feeling a little awkward about that AMN performance...

Gooner Zig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.