• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Östersunds FK (0) | February 22, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

How many goals will we win by?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegen Pressing

Wenger: ". We run a little bit out of petrol ...too. "

"No idea why we run out of ... ideas.
.. "

" could be that the handbrake was on ? a little.. maybe "

"We invited them to the Emirates with good intentions but they came for blood snd murder "

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are through playing a **** team dude. I couldn't care less about kids going to the game for the first time, they should count themselves lucky if anything.
Bravo. You're as soulless as the guys playing football for us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
A lot shat their pants tonight to be fair. Even though our second team beat a side that saw off Galatasaray and Hertha Berlin, 4-2.:lol:
Sh!tting their pants has become a theme under wenger in recent years. It has to be said.

We now add this loss to a plethora of embarrassing defeats under this man in Europe. Absolute joke of a manager in Europe. Pathetic.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can follow how you get to nine, but seriously? I don't really get how this is a valid assessment of a player without context.

Most guys on Germany's Confed Cup winning team could be called "full internationals" because they played that nonsensical and subpar tournament, but they're not even fringe players who'll never be play for the NT in any game that truly matters.
So who get's called up for what kind of games is a factor in judging their actual standing at NT level, not just solely that they have actually been called up.

Keeping that in mind, there's Ospina, Kolasinac, Elneny, Iwobi, and Mkhitaryan, for me. These guys feature regularly in Colombia's, Bosnia's, Egypt's, Nigeria's and Armenia's NTs. It's nonsensical to judge these players on getting call ups from those nations. Either in a positive or e negative way. There's too many factors to consider when judging players on their NT careers or even the number of national nominations.
The other guys, Welbeck, Wilshere, Bellerin, Chambers are nowhere near regular call ups or even contributors to their national sides.

If you honestly look at the facts, you can't be serious about being called up for a NT being some sort of assessment for the quality of a player. Like I said, neither positive nor negative.
A full international has always meant someone who has been picked for his national team. Even just the once. That is the definition. The relative strength of nations doesn't come into it but, with the exception of Armenia, all the teams you mention have qualified for a major tournament in recent years.

And the point was that this so-called second team was actually on paper infinitely superior to Ostersunds.

Linson

This was a giant wake up call for the team. They all thought they were too good to play Ostersunds, all they thought they had to do was turn up and they'd win and were deservedly beaten on the night.

Shameful display by some shockingly senior players.

The clear out in the summer needs to continue. I'm looking at you Welbeck and Elneny.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Seriously, ignorant fans/wenger apologists who come on here trying to perpetuate the opinion that Perez, Campbell & someone like Gnabry are just 'average' footballers with no business playing for us are a disgrace. If those 3 are 'average' what would that make welbeck (or theo while he was still here)??!!

Fact: all 3 of the players I mentioned are ALL better on the ball than welbeck, Ramsey & xhaka, plus they can all play on the wings where we sadly lack ability. But no, for whatever reason they didn't please the dinosaur.
All 3 players you mentioned might look good on FIFA or Youtube but fact is they don't cut it big time in the real world.

The case of Perez has been well documented. Campbell I had high hopes for but a nice touch here and there doesn't mean he is a world-beater In his senior club career he's scored 21 goals in 152 games, ok so he sometimes plays on the wing - that's still not a great return and also means he's picked to play fewer than 1 in 2 games. So, bearing in mind he's been out of loan all over the place, that's a lot of managers he is failing to impress.

As for Gnabry, I thought it was dumb to let him go but, again, he's hardly set the world alight has he? Okish season at Werder Bremen but only played eleven games in the past two seasons since Bayern bought him and farmed him out to Hoffenheim. Jury still well out on Serge.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
lol mate, a week ago you were arguing that Wenger's record in Europe isn't poor
No, I argued his record in cup runs wasn't bad. I stated that he has done well in Europe considering the teams he's had to field in Europe but that doesn't account for the last half a decade of dross we've been served up in Europe. That I've never denied.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hearing allot about the players not putting in a performance that puts them in contention for the Cup final. Maybe it's because they genuinely know their performance won't have an effect on the manager.

These are the same players watching Iwobi, elneny, Welbeck and who saw Walcott and Giroud constantly get game time. AMN knows that Wenger still throw Ramsey in. Wilshere probably knows as well. Nelson is sitting there watching Iwobi thiNking he could do better, but he won't get the chance due to seniority.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hearing allot about the players not putting in a performance that puts them in contention for the Cup final. Maybe it's because they genuinely know their performance won't have an effect on the manager.

These are the same players watching Iwobi, elneny, Welbeck and who saw Walcott and Giroud constantly get game time. AMN knows that Wenger still throw Ramsey in. Wilshere probably knows as well. Nelson is sitting there watching Iwobi thiNking he could do better, but he won't get the chance due to seniority.

I was going to post last night about none of them staking a claim for a spot in the team on Sunday but then realised their performance was irrelevant. Wenger has players who’ll play regardless of performance/behaviour/discipline. Iwobi knows he’ll play despite being **** or breaking the rules. Xhaka knows he’ll play despite being **** for most of the season. Ospina knows that even if he threw the ball in his own net last night he’d be playing. Bellerin knows he’ll be playing no matter what because there’s no other right back.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
EL has been such a disappoint in terms of selection and management. Started the group stages with a back three when it was clear that a 4231 etc suited everyone more.

The younger players didn’t get the minutes we were expecting and when they did it was mostly out of position.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Wishlisters and squadbuilders have changed tone from:

"AMN is better than Xhaka and has to play in CM!!!"

To:

"He was only **** in CM because Wenger will play Ramsey anyway"

Interesting change of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom