Europa League R32 Draw: Östersunds FK (Sweden)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

I mean really we should roll over them no problem but this is Arsenal... One of their forwards who is apparently one of their best ever players was signed from a team that are currently in the 8th level league in England. Not even a top 3 team in Sweden.

2. Wilshero

Wilshero Active Member

This is bloody amazing. I have a couple of mates that played against Östersund when Potter had just taken over the club and they were in the 4th division. Been keeping an eye on them ever since.

They have been performing brilliantly in the EL but these games will be played in the middle of the winter break for them, so that will of course affect their performance. Be aware though that the game in Sweden will most likely be played in -10 to -20 degrees celsius, possibly even colder.

Need to get tickets for this.

Makingtrax likes this.
  3. Goonerozil33

Goonerozil33 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can thrash them easily... winning the first leg is important since we play City on Feb 24th weekend. We want the team to be rested. Unfortunately for us City will be playing Basel(If at all they are playing that week). We need to thrash them with 2 offside goals and a red card to Fernandinho.

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Napoli V Leipzig is a big win for us.

5. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Arsenal like we are know is great for Östersund, nothing to lose for'em
    Do not take them ligtly

Nevermind that it is winterbreak for them
    They have totally setup their team And training for the EL and not cared about their league

Plastic grass to maybe and that matters alot!
    It has been a joy to Watch them tbh
    Great grit and attitude

6. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Couldn't ask for a nicer tie and draw. Few of the harder teams will be going out.

7. kraphtous

kraphtous Well-Known Member

Fantastic draw for us, Wilshere and co. will steamroll them!

8. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Great... All English coaches have read the book "how to pressure Arsenal".

redanddread likes this.
  9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

That is a kind draw for us. Our "B" team (even if at the moment it looks more impressive than the "A" team at times) should win this without too many problems.

What Potter and Ostersunds have done is very impressive but this has to be as far as they go. They will be in their winter break too.

The Swedish team will want to impress in their biggest ever game so probably won't hold back. Away goals, as many as possible, and you can't really go very wrong.

redanddread and Makingtrax like this.
  10. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Wow! As a swede this is a dream tie. Östersund, as you probably know, used to be an amateur team way down the Swedish league system just a few years ago. It's nothing short of miraculous that they will play Arsenal in a knockout tie in Europe.

Not gonna lie, if they beat us I will be just as happy as if they don't. Dream tie!

11. field442

field442 Abandoned Arteta for Emery

The away game will be tough. Might be snow and will more than likely be bitterly cold, worse than anything they’ll have played in before (could easily be -10 to -20). We should batter them at home.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Closet Spurs Fan

We'll probably play a strong side in the home leg, take no chances.

13. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

Forgot about the cold. Artificial pitch then surely?

14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Severe daddy issues

No worries, we'll play artificial footballers like Coquelin, Elneny and Walcott.

Sanis, arsmile, BBF and 6 others like this.
  15. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Yeah, artificial pitch. Östersund is in the north interior of Sweden, around -10 degrees Celsius are standard temperatures in February and it may drop much lower than that too. Swedish media report that they are adamant not to move the fixture to a bigger roofed stadium in Stockholm too. Should be a gruelling away tie.

16. IchirotoV2

IchirotoV2 Well-Known Member

I'm from Sweden and I have a lot of friends from Östersund. I was thinking the other week that it would be fun if Arsenal drew them. Awesome!

skip spence and redanddread like this.
  17. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

I think it's great that we have drawn a team which will be genuinely thrilled to play us, and which presumably will bring a load of enthusiastic fans to the Emirates

it's what the Europa League should be all about

redanddread and krackpot like this.
  18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Wenger's been at Arsenal longer than Ostersund has been a football club :lol:

kopzilla and redanddread like this.
  19. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not Actually a Moaner

Think there are a lot of teams thrilled to play us, tbh

20. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Artificial pitch means we’ll be without Welbeck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.