• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Football

RC8

Established Member
I was looking at the 'football talk' section and realised that there isn't a thread dedicated to European football, so I decided to open one so that we can comment on the CL, UEFA Cup, etc. on a thread that serves such purpose instead of invading threads such as the Spanish Football thread, etc.

I'll get the ball rolling by saying that I believe it is a very comical coincidence that 4 clubs in a similar crisis situation are meeting each other...

Liverpool: Suffering internal problems.
vs.
Barcelona: Suffering internal problems.

While...

Real Madrid: Having a lacklustre season and rejected by their own fans.
vs.
Bayern: Having a lacklustre season and rejected by their own fans.

Well, that's it for now. Feel free to post information about European Football before and after games, just as posting events as they occur.

True Gooner

Established Member
Maldinis one of my favorite players of all time :respect
Much better than Cannavaro :roll:
I am supporting Liverpool against Barcelona, even if Bellamy is a deranged ****. But i cant see Liverpool winning easily, maybe a goal or so.

Nutsy

Established Member
I never actually liked Cannavaro, tbh, but he is a good CB, although now he sucked in Real. Literally. I don't get it, every players who went to Real to play they sucked all around. Living examples goes to Cannavaro, he was good but as soon as he left Juve and went to Real, he's basically sunked. Reyes went there and now he's facing some problems. and ofcourse with Real changing Managers every year is pointless tbh. the last time they had a LONGer 'relationship' with Real Madrid was Vicente del Bosque, it was 4 years, ironically right after they signed Beckham and Real refused to renew his contract :roll:

Real is facing problems as usual due to them being impatient. sheesh. although i love Capello sacked, mounting troubles to Real and i can't stand the ****. :lol:

Paolo Maldini, he is definitely one of the best Defenders Italy could get.his loyalty to AC Milan is amazing. despite the threat of being relegated to Serie B, and he's 38 ffs, still wants to go on to play. He's my all time fave aswell. definitely an AC Milan Legend :respect:

In respect to scousers i hope they win though, Barca is one of the clubs i don't like(obviously :roll: ). of Real vs Bayern, would love to see Bayern Win,only so there'll be a hell lot of trouble for Capello to handle :D

jgunner84

I hope Barca win because I can't stand other English clubs winning. I think Liverpool will lose this one.

I do hope Bayern loses. I hate Bayern more than Madrid(whom I hate a lot already). I hope Bayern doesn't win anything for the next few years(wishful thinking :lol: ).

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I want Liverpool and Madrid to move on, I hate Bayern more than Madrid though I cant stand either. Both are probably going to be decieded by a goal or two at most though I think

Nutsy

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
Man Utd 1 Lille 0
Milan 0 Celtic 0
Madrid 3 Bayern 2

Atleast Bayern scored 2 away goals putting Real under pressure, however, it was Mancs away and Milan Away.Mancs looks through to last 8, :evil: but Milan would be doing okay as they have home advantage. no offense though, i'd prefer Bayern to win over Real as i despise Real THAT much. and Capello sacked is always a good thing and Real mounting to so many problems. but as of now, we should worry about OUR problems. :( sigh

spartan239

Lots of fun and love in the Lille- Man Utd game: Lille have a goal from Peter Odemwingie dissalowed for a slight shove on Vidic (the kinda of thing that would see Lord Ferg spitting blood if it happned to them).
The UTD fans getting harrased/attacked buy the police for moving into a part of the stadium they shouldnt have been in, Giggs scores in the 82nd min from a free kick while Lille's gk Sylva was still lineing up his wall, and the Lille players at the call of one of the coaches, the ref gets them all back on after a few mins and the Lille fans start throwing missiles onto the pitch, the match was crappy whenever I put it on, Real-Munich was a craker though.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
The match of the day in the Champions League is no doubt the Madrid-Bayern one. Personally I was happy Madrid won, as there are few teams I dislike more than Bayern. I thought this game might be a bit dull because of the poor form both teams have had, but it was exactly the opposite. Both teams played like the Champions League was all they had left to play for, and it was great to watch.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
UEFA to blame for crowd trouble in Lens.

In their moronic stupidity UEFA kicked Feyenoord out of the UEFA CUP, for problems in the stadium mainly caused by poor crowd management by the French organisation and local police. While the French still have an ongoing investigation against the police Prefect who ****ed up at Nancy. UEFA decided not to punish the French for ****ing up. I already pointed out this is dead wrong because this could lead to new Heysels.

Didn't see the images of what happened in Lens, but from what I read it seems the French ****ed up again. You can't freaking organise football matches like that. Gross negligence by UEFA not to act v Nancy, hope they act v Lille/Lens, because next time the fans could be less lucky.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i am completely with puel tbh. they really suffered tough injustice

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
that injustice (was a wrongfully disallowed goal) has nothing to do with them not being able to control the crowd in a proper way. UEFA should punish clubs who can't organise a match. Next time it could be one of us squashed against a fence

Latest posts

Top Bottom