• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal v Real Madrid at Windsor Park one day :drool:

Riou

Is there any realistic way that this doesn't happen at this point?

Think the Super League will only get bigger, if anything.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Also, given the company we'll be in - and I admit I'm being very negative here - I would not be surprised to see some kind of CalcioPoli happening down the line. What happens to a player who decides to place bets on games, etc? How would the punishment work between leagues? You can "expell" a club from it when that club's name is Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United.
Interesting take. Are they banking on all the players being so well paid that they’d never need to bet or what?

Reckon most of the games would be scripted anyways.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
All *invited* clubs back out.

Or them not realizing the biggest problem. National football. If UEFA actually goes through with that threat there will be more than enough players and countries that don't play ball.

Alas, I don't think they can though. Too much backlash.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Think the Super League will only get bigger, if anything.
Plenty.

Refusal of work permits (if implemented by the three countries currently involved) will mean the end of top non-EU players playing for the ESL teams.

Councils can prevent games from going ahead for a 1001 reasons.

Policing costs will be passed in full to the teams (currently subsidised).

Monopoly law might be invoked against a closed-shop league.

Etc etc

Riou

All *invited* clubs back out.

Or them not realizing the biggest problem. National football. If UEFA actually goes through with that there will be more than enough players and countries that don't play ball.

Alas, I don't think they can though.

Agree, think the clubs involved have too much power and money at this stage.

Having the big 5 English teams (**** Sp**s) can't see anything competing with that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Interesting take. Are they banking on all the players being so well paid that they’d never need to bet or what?

Reckon most of the games would be scripted anyways.

I wouldn't say scripted, maybe plastic would be a better word? It's just that, since there's no qualification or access to it - bar those 5 or so clubs that could "qualify" -, is there any unpredictability here?

Madrid won 3 on the trot, but before it they were a fallen giant in the competition, they built a team and Zidane came along... There's no real domination in the CL and that's the appeal to me as a neutral, City and PSG have been trying to buy their way in to the final and failed.

Only Chelsea succeed and that says a lot about the level of the competition.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Our fans need to be really careful. It’s all well if these other teams want to protest. Do you want to be mid table team never playing top teams again and not have top players?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom