• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Sports Flick confirm it will not be seeking to finalise its UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa Conference League bids for the 2021-24 seasons.

Sports Flick have been issued with a Bank Guarantee for the media rights by an Australian Financial Institution.

Sports Flick were contacted by UEFA representatives and given the opportunity to complete the media rights agreement yesterday.

In light of the current uncertainty in European Football, the Directors and Shareholders have made the decision not to proceed and provide the necessary contractual items to complete the deal at this time.

Commercial factors of the bid have to be considered, with the uncertainty with respect to the participation of certain clubs in European competition. In line with it’s fiduciary duties, Sports Flick’s directors cannot in good faith commit investor funds to securing the media rights.
Sports Flick will not make any further comment at this time.

giphy.gif

TinFish

If Arsenal participate I'm done. Think I'll call it quits on supporting a club and just enjoy the general spectacle.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah, this confirms the suspicions about the Athletic and paid propaganda

edit: apparently it doesn't actually support the ESL in it's proposed form. Paywalled though.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Yeah, this confirms the suspicions about the Athletic and paid propaganda

edit: apparently it doesn't actually support the ESL in it's proposed form. Paywalled though.

Something has always felt a bit fishy in terms of how The Athletic snagged premium sports journos from all over the place with their subscription model that looked risky at best.

The sad thing with all of this is even though I'm an ex-pat I might end up more into baseball than football the way things are going. Have been getting into it more over the last few years, it is local, and even though the big market franchises have an advantage there is somewhat of an equaliser with the draft. It was in part why I nodded off during the weekend match, for attending the baseball game in the afternoon.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If City leaves this the whole thing will collapse so it’s not a situation that will come to fruition.
Imagine if city flip side and say football is for the people and we have duty to English football. Imagine the pressure Man U would be under in their own city.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Sp**s being one of the founding members has undermined the whole ESL process.

"We have 11 of the biggest clubs in the world signed up and Sp**s"

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Imagine if city flip side and say football is for the people and we have duty to English football. Imagine the pressure Man U would be under in their own city.

Can you share with the rest of the board what strain you smoke? It seems very high quality.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
From an arsenal perspective this is actually a good thing, we're never going to be able to compete with the likes of City, Chelsea, Man U financially in the current format.

As someone said earlier UEFA f'd up with not properly administering FFP. Had they done that the European football landscape would be looking far different and more balanced. I mean PSG buying neymar for around £198m is absolute madness.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

From an arsenal perspective this is actually a good thing, we're never going to be able to compete with the likes of City, Chelsea, Man U financially in the current format.

As someone said earlier UEFA f'd up with not properly administering FFP. Had they done that the European football landscape would be looking far different and more balanced. I mean PSG buying neymar for around £198m is absolute madness.
What makes you think we will compete in this format? We are here to make up the numbers. We will get paid handsomely for it. But we have bigger chance winning the PL than this competition

glitchform

Add the West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and now Afghanistan to that list. Love to see the posh boys in Afghanistan.

They prefer football over there though. You ever heard of Indian football? 🤣

As for the afghanistan team, it's only a decade older than RB Leipzig

Last edited:

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member

Your second paragraph is 100% correct. Neymar is definitely worth 200 million or whatever PSG paid, but that transfer permanently inflated the market.

Nowadays, you have bums who are worth 5-10 million being sold for nearly 30 million ffs. It’s sad to watch.

Top Bottom