• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
I have a question: for footballers that play in the European Super League, can they expect to get higher wages, or will they be on the same wages they’re on now? (Sorry if this is a dumb question)

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Meh we got headhunted to do the same job for more money by someone else. What’s the big deal from everyone on here?

PL/Sky beeeen sold itself to overseas interest over the match going fans, the PL/FA/English Government signed off on its clubs being taken over by whoever would wash their doggy money in the system/country, and UEFA/FIFA stay out here expanding and/or full on just making up **** competitions as they try and milk every last cent of the sport, but let each and everyone of them tell it and they were all “doing it for the love of football”. FOH.

They’re just mad clubs are choosing up and upgrading their situations without them. Getting dumped hurts.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I'm not mad because my team is in it. It's another opportunity to win a competition no matter how far it seems right now.
Uefa and Fifa are corrupt organizations - this changes the status quo.
Personally, I hope somehow Rangers and Celtic are part of it - they have huge fan base.
From an arsenal perspective this is actually a good thing, we're never going to be able to compete with the likes of City, Chelsea, Man U financially in the current format.

As someone said earlier UEFA f'd up with not properly administering FFP. Had they done that the European football landscape would be looking far different and more balanced. I mean PSG buying neymar for around £198m is absolute madness.

I am all for it. Screw the corruption of Uefa and Fifa. They brought it on themselves.

GoonerJay24

Sp**s being one of the founding members has undermined the whole ESL process.

"We have 11 of the biggest clubs in the world signed up and Sp**s"
Sp**s are a big club though despite not winning hardly anything recently. But yes I could say the same about Everton, Aston Villa and even Newcastle.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Imagine if city flip side and say football is for the people and we have duty to English football. Imagine the pressure Man U would be under in their own city.
Somehow I don't see the club whose owner's brother films himself torturing his enemies is going to pull a humanitarian gesture out of the hat.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sp**s are a big club though despite not winning hardly anything recently. But yes I could say the same about Everton, Aston Villa and even Newcastle.
No, they are not. You can't win nothing of note for 30 years and be a big club. They have a big stadium and not much else. It makes total sense for them to have signed up for this. They've just spent all that money on that stadium as they slide backwards to their typical failure to even flatter to deceive. This is about the only way for them to avoid massive losses.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I have a question: for footballers that play in the European Super League, can they expect to get higher wages, or will they be on the same wages they’re on now? (Sorry if this is a dumb question)

The Super league is a push towards the American model of sports, and that model requires jobber teams that always lose to have 1-2 world class players so that people care a bit about those teams. Which means no matter what they will need to push onto football 2 things that the American model of sports have, salary cap and drafting system. So the players will be the biggest losers in the Super League.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
There is soo much wrong with football organizations and UEFA, FIFA is no better than this new crap - maybe even worse thinking Katar.

But, the survival of the bigger clubs is actually not even wanted from my side, ideally I'd like to have it flattened but just at a higher average with every team having 1-2 scary players. You'd make every league insanely entertaining to real football fans.

The biggest issue financially is coming from covid, and it's even worse in other realms, this isn't a good argument for anything.
Making the salary of footballs way less is desirable anyhow, there's no reason for them earning that money.

Ideally, I'd like every top club to die at the top, may it be Real, Arsenal or Bayern, but NATURALLY, because the money is equally distributed and every team is relatively good whilst no oil owners every cause a huge disbalance to no longer make it natural.

Just a flow of nature, when a club manages badly it goes down the table rapidly.

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsenal fans are on the whole being noble about this all in terms of their conscientiousness about "fairness" and "meritocracy", but hardly anyone outside Arsenal fans cared when Arsène Wenger's careful plans on the back of Invincibles success with stadium transition and sacrifices were ruined by financial doping in the game.

The more I think about this, the Kroenkes are definitely bad owners with no sporting interest, only financial, but I am also a firm believer that a lot has been rigged against Arsenal with the status quo over the last two decades due to corrupti media (Sky Sports, tabloids) enabling corrupt officiating adversely impacting Arsensl in a big way also. For this reason I'm not going to be crying for the British domestic status quo that is now under threat.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't get all this faux outrage aimed at Sky, Neville etc.

Are Sky acting out of self interest over the Super League? Sure. Do Sky really care about the fans? Absolutely Not.

We all see through that. Motives aren't particularly important here though.

If you want to stop an anti competitive closed shop European competition you accept any help you can get. Doesn't mean you have to like Neville, Sky, the Government.

Top Bottom