• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I am quite scared for Vinai's life, he's going to get so much abuse and death threats when he comes out in the open.

Unless he's fled to the US and is staying on Kroenke's couch.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why does everyone want to blame the millionaires instead of the billionaires? I take it if your job suddenly shot up in value
There is no "instead", they are all to blame; agents, players, owners.

I just can't digest players going on and on over social media with their fake love for football at the same time when contracts reached 300k+/w. Just spare me the drama, it's business for them just as it's business for the clubs, which means, they are all the same

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

When you have to choose between UEFA and Kroenke you realise that football is dead already.
If the Allies had wondered whether to help Stalin against Hitler or not because he was a murdering Communist **** then maybe we'd all be in the Third Reich's Champions League now.

You have to decide which is the bigger threat and then oppose it with everyone who is against them even if some of them disgust you.

The pro-ESL brigade (ie the owners of the 12 clubs and those they have conned) will want to divert the argument from the real story which is that a bunch of self-appointed gurus have set out to permanently hijack the world's most important sport for their own financial benefit. That is it, nothing else matters and nothing else is true.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There is no "instead", they are all to blame; agents, players, owners.

I just can't digest players going on and on over social media with their fake love for football at the same time when contracts reached 300k+/w. Just spare me the drama, it's business for them just as it's business for the clubs, which means, they are all the same

You literally said they’re more to blame than owners and clubs which makes no sense at all?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Someone should call Willian for his opinion on this, he will probably hate Super League, while at the same time he is happy to make 200k/w just to sit on the bench or play golf with Bale

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So your solution to a unfair and restricted game is to make it even less fair and more restricted.

Make it make sense.

Of course not, but there could quite easily be a second league akin to the EL, people are acting as if this is cut and shut. That it can't evolve as a league over time.

Do you not agree that there should be an elite competition for the very best teams in world football? If you've got to the top you deserve to play against the best teams from around the world. Majority of these teams, City, United, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca etc have paid to get to the top. But that's just how football is these days. If the domestic leagues are staying the same and there's an opportunity for teams to be involved if they over achieve whats the problem? Really?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...don't like the way this aboslute ****, lower cased our name tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Of course not, but there could quite easily be a second league akin to the EL, people are acting as if this is cut and shut. That it can't evolve as a league over time.

Do you not agree that there should be an elite competition for the very best teams in world football? If you've got to the top you deserve to play against the best teams from around the world. Majority of these teams, City, United, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca etc have paid to get to the top. But that's just how football is these days. If the domestic leagues are staying the same and there's an opportunity for teams to be involved if they over achieve whats the problem? Really?

This is what I don’t understand. Everyone keeps saying how unfair the CL and leagues are but how is this the answer?

If you see a problem then fix it. Make it fairer and based on merit not solely on prestige.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You literally said they’re more to blame than owners and clubs which makes no sense at all?
Yeah, in a way that they are pretending to be something else over social media and being hypocrites, but both sides won't really get my sympathy

Malky

Established Member
So your solution to a unfair and restricted game is to make it even less fair and more restricted.

Make it make sense.
Absolutely mad.
European qualification is a privlage, it's not our ****ing right to be playing in the " elite " bracket every week. Going on our performances over the past couple of seasons we're the last team that deserves this.
Yeah West Ham could get CL football, and maybe they might scrape through the group and get knocked out by the quarter finals, but I tell you what, their fans will love every second of it and will feel like they earned that right. It wasn't handed to them.
These games in the ESL will mean absolutely nothing.
'

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, in a way that they are pretending to be something else over social media and being hypocrites, but both sides won't really get my sympathy

Can’t you see it’s a chicken and egg scenario?

They’re not getting paid way over the odds if there was actually some regulation and integrity in the game.

This super league will just make all those things worse.

Top Bottom