• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

OK, but that money needs to come from somewhere, right? The more players want, the more clubs need to earn, and looking at the wage bill, it's going up all the time. So both players and clubs want more, that's why this thing is on the table, but players pretend that it's only clubs who are greedy
Can’t blame them. Leagues allowed oil and russian money in and turned a blind eye because they make them more money themselves too. Other clubs had to compete to a point that it’s now unsustainable and now the leagues scream murder. They let this happen. Arsenal did everything they could to become a sustainable superpower, sacrificed over 10 years of competitiveness. These clubs just enabled “financial takeover” and cheated their way to the titles. FFP is a joke, only punishes the small clubs and let the oil clubs get away with it. Manchester City spent 500M on fullbacks in five years. **** them all, burn it down and start over. I don’t care for the FA, UEFA or FIFA. They let this happen because they were getting rich too. None of them cry for football, only we do. They cry because their money piggy is about to die.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why is it unfair? Why aren't the best teams in the world allowed to compete against each other? Or would you prefer each team to just play in their own league and play happy families because the small clubs said so.

Piss off :lol:

Are you that dense as to why they’re the biggest clubs in the world you absolute shambles of a poster?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can’t stand the Tories and I’m in no doubt anything they’d do is self serving but them actually putting restrictions and regulations in place to limit the financially bloated game we have today is the best case scenario.

Yes, I posted earlier that the ESL will fail due to Governments. If National teams are affected due to players being banned, then the Gov have every right to get involved. They can refuse visa's for eg. Also what about the bank of England loans to Arsenal & Sp**s? They can be recalled!

roz

Fake News Merchant
I can’t stand the Tories and I’m in no doubt anything they’d do is self serving but them actually putting restrictions and regulations in place to limit the financially bloated game we have today is the best case scenario.
Absolutely. Should have been done years ago, starting with Chelsea. Too many people got paid though. Now everyone suffers.

Can’t help but feel its an empty threat from them anyways. Reckon the club(s) backs down under threats/sanctions and things just go back to the way they were as of last week.

Would be incredibly frustrating as this could be a real catalyst for changing the game positively which is needed beyond belief but based on what we’ve seen, it won’t happen.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you that dense as to why they’re the biggest clubs in the world you absolute shambles of a poster?

3/4 of the teams mentioned are the biggest clubs in the world due to history. City and Chelsea changed the game with money, those same big clubs then had to spend more and more to keep up.

History and money is why they're the biggest clubs in the world, simple as.

@Garrincha Yeah, I like change.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No one on either side of this has any dignity, it's an embarrassment all round tbh.

teamsoutheast

This is great to watch. The banking mafia v the footballing mafia v the political mafia v media mafia.... Deathmatch..:popcorn:
DfvaGXbWsAI95CK

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
At the end of the day they’re all thinking about themselves. The breakaway clubs are thinking about the money they can earn, the broadcasters are thinking about the money they will lose, the clubs not invited are thinking about the money they will lose.

And we are thinking about start watching cricket instead of football.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’re setting up their own cup competition. UEFA club competitions won’t cease to exist. Granted those teams won’t be in it anymore and the competitions will lack the glamour and money they do know but if those clubs don’t want other teams piggybacking and taking what they see as an unfair share of the money then I don’t have a problem with it. Personally I’d rather just see clubs have their own tv rights but that will never happen. At least it would stop all the **** we’re seeing now.

I’m fine with a breakaway league in theory. It’s **** UEFA all day long for me. They’re an example of unfettered corporate globalism that is made up of scumbags.

This super league is a shambles though, I don’t get the desire to switch from something broken like the CL to something unquestionably worse just because it’s new.

Top Bottom