• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This whole Super lease BS really managed to piss me off today. As far as I am concerned, if you like football, you can't support this crass power grab motivated by nothing else than greed. These guys want to create their own football cartel, extract as much revenues and profit as possible and share it between themselves while excluding everyone else, from clubs of "second tier" leagues to grass roots and fans. This is simply repugnant and scandalous.
I have no sympathy for UEFA and even less for FIFA, but those organizations look like choir boys comparing to those jackals. I will support anything that can be done to stop them in their tracks.

PS. I am pleased that Arsène took a strong stand against it today.

They're looking to give more money to grassroots football than UEFA and fifa do.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The games will be rigged WWE style. You have to rig for excitement when there's only the same small pool of clubs year after year.

Games will be rigged? Well you're in for a treat, let me tell you about a game known as "game 50"

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
The new CL format is just as big a joke ffs. This just backing ESL or backing UEFA, it's nothing to do with the fans at all.

Not that Ajax have much choice in who they back, because they're not invited.
Long may it continue. This league is for the big boy’s & Sp**s.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

@razörist and his boys hating from outside the club
Ajax is completely taken aback and disappointed by the announcement of a possible Super League. ᵂᵉ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ʷᵉ'ᵈ ᵍᵉᵗ ᶦⁿᵛᶦᵗᵉᵈ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃˢᵗᵃʳᵈˢ ˡᵉᶠᵗ ᵘˢ ᵒⁿ ʳᵉᵃᵈ. We support the new set-up proposed by UEFA.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Man utd are sitting 2nd. We are 9th. What he said is basically we are a joke which we are. No getting away from that. It is embarrassing where we are and we certainly don't perform like we are the 3rd biggest. Struggled to win the UEL and you think we should be competing against Real Madrid etc.
This is not a domestic competition. So 2nd and 9th doesn't matter here. We're in a European cup semi. The same as United. So if we are simply considering this season's performance, then we are deservedly there.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Apologies if this has already been posted but what sort of amateurish BS is this LOL

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Football is more rigged than WWE, look at some of the matches we have seen in our time as Arsenal fans alone!

WWE isn't even rigged, it's pre-determined/scripted...rigged implies someone is getting legitimately screwed, in professional wrestling everyone knows what's happening before a match has even started...well, bar some very few cases I guess.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Football is more rigged than WWE, look at some of the matches we have seen in our time as Arsenal fans alone!

WWE isn't even rigged, it's pre-determined/scripted...rigged implies someone is getting legitimately screwed, in professional wrestling everyone knows what's happening before a match has even started...well, bar some very few cases I guess.
Nobody cares about your wrestling bollocks ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Swear fans of every club not invited to our super league party are sticking the boot into us. This is what happens when you let Gary Neville off his leash ffs.
Of course they would stick their boot when we have no European history. Ajax for example have a much richer history, but we make more money with all those kids in India and Africa supporting us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So who is for this? And if you arent what's the reason why?

I like watching a lot of lower league football and they’ll probably cease to exist in a few years if this goes ahead.

The current system isn’t good enough but how is the answer to make it even more restrictive? Make it make sense.

Kav

Established Member
Too much misinformation and hypothetical situations being circulated online and through the media. There isn’t enough information out there to make a judgment as yet. There are enough obstacles in the way to prevent this from happening.

Also regardless of the motivation behind the opposition of the ESL by different groups. It is well established that any league that doesn’t have competitive impetus is seriously lacking. A closed league is not good for the development of the game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom