• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gary Neville is such a charlatan man. Guy was gassing up Manchester City's owners yesterday because they built a few shopping centers in the east of Manchester and created a new few football clubs around the world. What about the human rights abuses they are directly linked to in the UEA Gary? And he's trying to tell everyone THE SUPER LEAGUE is what will kill football. Unbelievable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's no doubt this is about one group of corrupt ****s trying to take a lot of power and money away from another group of corrupt ****s. No point in pretending otherwise.

But at least what we have now is competitive and has some semblance of a mechanism of aspiration for all clubs to be able to dream of reaching it's pinnacle from grass roots upward.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There's no doubt this is about one group of corrupt ****s trying to take a lot of power and money away from another group of corrupt ****s. No point in pretending otherwise.

But at least what we have now is competitive and has some semblance of a mechanism of aspiration for all clubs to be able to dream of reaching it's pinnacle from grass roots upward.

The system is broken. Petrodollar clubs have totally polluted the system like Wenger said they would.

Old money has gone bankrupt trying to compete so the answer should be regulation and financial prudence.

Instead of rewarding financial clout a system should be set up to reward achievement within the constraints of the system.

Actually make the game sustainable.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is what I don’t understand. Everyone keeps saying how unfair the CL and leagues are but how is this the answer?

If you see a problem then fix it. Make it fairer and based on merit not solely on prestige.

I don't think the CL or leagues are unfair to be honest.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
"Aleksander Čeferin: “Thank you Nasser (PSG President) from the bottom of my heart. You have shown that you are a great man and that you respect football and its values."

Love, peace and understanding with the state-owned club.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The system is broken. Petrodollar clubs have totally polluted the system like Wenger said they would.

Old money has gone bankrupt trying to compete so the answer should be regulation and financial prudence.

Instead of rewarding financial clout a system should be set up to reward achievement within the constraints of the system.

Actually make the game sustainable.

Lol. The funny thing is UEFA, FIFA and the FA failed at making the game sustainable the second they allowed owners of such wealth to own football clubs. They failed and this is what's happening.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If the Allies had wondered whether to help Stalin against Hitler or not because he was a murdering Communist **** then maybe we'd all be in the Third Reich's Champions League now.

You have to decide which is the bigger threat and then oppose it with everyone who is against them even if some of them disgust you.

The pro-ESL brigade (ie the owners of the 12 clubs and those they have conned) will want to divert the argument from the real story which is that a bunch of self-appointed gurus have set out to permanently hijack the world's most important sport for their own financial benefit. That is it, nothing else matters and nothing else is true.
it will be interesting to see if this format is their final offering or just first negotiating point

the 12/15 founding clubs + 5 guests is a piss take but if that ended up 15 & 15 or a wider two tier system with relegation & promotion maybe it is seen at the better option

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Can’t you see it’s a chicken and egg scenario?

They’re not getting paid way over the odds if there was actually some regulation and integrity in the game.

This super league will just make all those things worse.
But they are getting paid over the odds already, just look at the expenses clubs have for players' salaries.

This super league will actually help with that so these clubs can plan for it over a longer period. Atm, you sign a player on a 5 year contract, but if you don't get into the CL, your whole budget breaks, something that has happened to Arsenal, Milan, and others, virus thing just made everything worse

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Its hilarious watching these overpaid clowns clamber over each other because they're genuinely worried about the money that would be funnelled out of the UK if this goes ahead.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
it will be interesting to see if this format is their final offering or just first negotiating point

the 12/15 founding clubs + 5 guests is a piss take but if that ended up 15 & 15 or a wider two tier system with relegation & promotion maybe it is seen at the better option

This is what Im saying, Perez even said last night we could easily have a second tier. It makes a lot of sense to me. Just because the 15 founding teams are permanent for now doesn't mean they'll be permanent forever.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The league should have seen this coming when The Premiership was first formed, you could see then what the top clubs wanted, though back then they didn't have the power/money to do it, so they kept one hand within the league...now they don't need to.

Now these clubs are so powerful and rich, helped by the FA/government allowing some the owners we have now to take over clubs, that they don't need them anymore.

This is bad for football, no doubt...and if this happened in the 2000s I would have been more hurt, but I don't really care anymore tbh...the people who have allowed Arsenal to decline, are complaining that we have found a way to better ourselves without them, that's kind of funny...nice seeing ****s like UEFA squirm tbh.

I doubt I will watch the Super League, and even if I do I won't watch it for long as it will get very boring most likely...but football has been all over the place for quite a while.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
David Gil on stage now... thinking about it mad how the Glazers did a number round him at UEFA & Fergie when still round the club o_O brutal stuff

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Its hilarious watching these overpaid clowns clamber over each other because they're genuinely worried about the money that would be funnelled out of the UK if this goes ahead.
Sky and BT will be on ignore list for a while, nothing relevant will come out from them because they are the biggest losers here.
The good thing for them is that they can shape public opinion the way they want it

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But they are getting paid over the odds already, just look at the expenses clubs have for players' salaries.

This super league will actually help with that so these clubs can plan for it over a longer period. Atm, you sign a player on a 5 year contract, but if you don't get into the CL, your whole budget breaks, something that has happened to Arsenal, Milan, and others, virus thing just made everything worse

Yes the super league helps the status quo if you’re terrible at spending money and are ran incompetently like we are.

If you’re a club like Atalanta, Lille or Leicester who can make the CL by staying within your budgets how is this fair?

vantoure

A silver lining to all of this is that Allardici will be able to preserve his record of never having been relegated after we cop a points deduction.

tenor.gif
I've also been interested in him maintaining that dodgy record. just for the laffs :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom