• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea and Roman being made to look a "good guy", is madness.

"The Big Six should remember how noble Roman was, keep you money...I mean fans, where they belong, in the Premier League!" ...Sky.

:mad:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Case in point Atalanta.

Qualified for the knockout stages of the CL for two years in a row all within a very tight budget not long after getting promoted and now they’re probably going to finish in the CL places for a third year in a row at the expense of an ESL team.

That’s a club who’s built through sound planning a consistent top level team but because they don’t sell enough shirts in China they’re cut out of the ESL.

These clubs freely admit they don’t want more Leicesters and Atlantas but why is it up to them? Football has always ebbed and flowed, if Arsenal and Sp**s can’t run a club successfully then they’ll rightfully get overtaken for now by other clubs.

Just because the big 6 earn all the money now doesn’t mean it will always be this way. If the ESL wasn’t a thing would anyone look at Sp*rs and see anything else other than a club in decline?
If Leicester winning the league is a one off then surely Juve, Inter and Chelsea winning the CL is one off as I've only seen those teams win it once each in my lifetime. You could almost count on 2 hands the amount of smaller sides that have done better than us in the CL the last 10 or so years as well.

Snobbery in any walk of life I really can't stand. Remember APOEL getting to the quarters one year? Because they're some "minnows" from Cyprus they don't deserve to be there I guess.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Finally, saying there is no point for the "minnows of hungary" to play the CL other than the financial angle is frankly quite absurd.

Even though European teams don't care about it, South American teams absolutely LOVE the FIFA Club World Cup because it's their only chance to play the Liverpools and Madrids of the world in a one off game and prove they're better (at least for a single match).

It's huge here. When it was held in Japan (before being moved to - schock, horror - the Emirates) people would stay awake to watch their teams have a shot at it or for rivals to jinx the ever loving **** out of the playing teams. It's the so called "magic of the cup" feeling.

The same goes for smaller EU teams, here. Stop pretending it doesn't. There's a reason why wins at San Siro, against Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona feel so special.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clubs like Arsenal and Sp**s have tried to abide by the current set of rules, and in our case its made us uncompetitive. We've also been ridiculed for not spending money by the people now that are criticising us the most. Further ridicule against Arsenal will just strengthen thier belief in this.

I think the failure and scrapping of FFP was the final straw for us. Its a case of if you can't beat them join them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I saw a journalist from Politico say it's either them or United, although other sources are saying Man City.

If PSG are truly happy to ride this thing out on the sidelines I don’t see why City can’t either.

Even with lesser TV deals them, Bayern and PSG are huge draws and will be able to get easier access to top talent especially if this ESL is actually two tiered.

Would be a nightmare scenario, they’d go unbeaten every year ffs. Government needs to actually step in now, not just set up a bloody fan review.

Punish these clubs and Sky for letting it get this far and regulate the sh*t out of everything.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I hope Neville, Carragher and every Sky sh*tehawk admit the error of their ways for painting Wenger as a sore loser when he complained about the ridiculous spending by these clubs.

Well now your Golden Goose is being taken away by ruthless billionaires because you just welcomed them all in. I pray that the Government absolutely kills your gravy train dead as a lesson to you brain dead c*nts.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've seen the theory that if one club leaves, it will all fall like a house of cards, can someone explain to me the logic behind this? I can't really get my head around it. By the sounds of it, the clubs that are unsure are City and Chelsea. If one leaves, would it really be such a spanner in the works?

You'd still have Madrid, Barca, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus, Milan, Inter ect who are certainly not going to back down. I'd guess around 70 odd percent of football fans world wide support at least one of those clubs. They'd surley just carry on without the likes of City/Chelsea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why man city and Chelsea considering back down? Surely something down about there will limit about how they spend or giving salaries

Latest posts

Top Bottom