• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I am currently listening to the Sky Sports reaction to the super league collapse from yesterday.

These two absolute assholes went on about their own clubs’ owners (Glazers and Henry) saying they need to go and things need to change but literally didn’t mention Kroenke at Arsenal and how we have literally plummeted as a club since he came in. **** you Neville and Carragher for not putting a spotlight on him.
Alan Smith and Paul Mersin need to step up!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Is it just me or did others not think the CL needed reform anyway? I mean i'm not saying everything was perfect, certainly the money should be redistributed more evenly. But like the actual format of the competition, what was wrong with it?

Everyone says "oh the group stages were boring, it only got interesting in the knock-out stages" but isn't that just the nature of tournaments?, obviously it gets more interesting in the later stages. It's the same format as the euros and world cup, I honestly don't see the problem. Group stages and knock-outs, that's how football tournaments work. Why change?

Like yeah sometimes there are boring games in the group stages, but there are also interesting games. And boring games are just a part of football. You can't engineer the games you want, it's a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport, of what sport is.Honestly this whole thing could have been discarded after 5 minutes in the first meeting, it just doesn't make sense.

You're right,but difference between big teams and small teams are too big nowdays and clubs with high budget just want to play with teams on same level.

It was different in 70's and 80's when money didn't have big influence and every team could win competition.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
i think Philippe Auclair genuinely wants Perez to walk the streets of Madrid in a white robe with bound hands carrying a burning candle

'...its not going to happen, is it?' wft probably not Philippe you mad man 👀

Finesse

Its like watching the current ManU youtube live streams with captions Glazer Out and Woodward Out ! 🙄

Who in? Who will buy the club for the asking price and spend the kind of money they invest on the pitch? It must be another billionaire owner. Not some philanthropist or football lover who does not care about profit and wealth generation.

Finesse

What a stupid strawman argument......Give it a rest, FFS.

Kicking the ball into the tall grass ? There is no distorted version to invalidate any assertion.

This is simple. Some fans are asking for one thing in a statement and protesting against it when its implications become apparent.

gamechannel

Ci1bXo9WgAAa0J_.jpg

DIRECTOR - MANAGER - OWNER

santi-cazorla-mikel-arteta-and-mathieu-flamini-of-arsenal-launch-the-picture-id451988162
The first thing Flamini will do is fire Arteta to avenge what the Spanish c**t did to Özil. Flamini and Özil are like brothers.

Kav

Established Member
So much has happened over the last day or so. When I last posted this thread was at page 203 I had to seriously consider whether I wanted to torture myself and read all those pages because I didn’t want to miss anything of relevance. Sadly I couldn’t do it.

I honestly thought the SL clubs would have held out longer. They caved in pretty quickly. I’m surprised people were so supportive of the breakaway league, the negative implications were significant and should not be entertained. Then again there has been precedence for this in the Premier league itself.

As stated neither side comes out of this in a good light but at least the world now see’s these owners for what they are. Football is about Money, fame and influence, all participants (owners, staff, managers, players, agents) play the game in different ways to get as much as they can. The only ones who remain outside of this are the fans yet it is us who have the most power.

It is time we see our value, it is our support that the others rely on. Perhaps we can start mobilizing that power for something positive.

Ps. Some posters are simply the worst and always end up on the wrong side of things but they can’t help it it seems. To think they wanted this to happen just to stick it to UEFA or fifa.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Always confuses me why men would rather have terrible hair like that, than go bald.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ps. Some posters are simply the worst and always end up on the wrong side of things but they can’t help it it seems. To think they wanted this to happen just to stick it to UEFA or fifa.
If this goes for me, I was actually a long-term supporter of a self-sustained model Wenger was talking about, FFP, and for a long time the ESL idea would never be an option for me, but just had enough with so many years of City, PSG, and Chelsea.

I thought others would feel the same, but they don't (or if they do, this league is a bit too much for them).

It just feels like we only get leftovers from these teams since Abramovich came, and it makes me sick.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why would the ESL idea have made any difference to the likes of City and Chelsea outspending us though?
I'm thinking that, unlike UEFA, big clubs would be able to say "enough" if they continue to abuse the market. With UEFA, you have bureaucrats, you can buy them and there's no control.

It's just my thoughts on this though, of course, hard to say what would actually happen but I would expect that Arsenal would be able to compete again.

But one thing is certain, nothing will change now and we're still gonna wait for leftovers from City/Chelsea

Latest posts+

Top Bottom