• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If this goes for me, I was actually a long-term supporter of a self-sustained model Wenger was talking about, FFP, and for a long time the ESL idea would never be an option for me, but just had enough with so many years of City, PSG, and Chelsea.

I thought others would feel the same, but they don't (or if they do, this league is a bit too much for them).

It just feels like we only get leftovers from these teams since Abramovich came, and it makes me sick.

FFP is the way it should be, but we shouldn’t have run by that model early. Other clubs got so far ahead of us because we were pinching pennies in a market that was just about to explode. If we had bought some players when we needed them 2008-2015, the club would be in a waaay better financial situation. Not only did Abramovich invest so much, the investments in the player market have given a more than healthy return.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wow, what a clusterfuck of events!

@Macho, over the coming months The Athletic will be lit with tons of pieces:
"The Inside story of how the ESL House of Cards folded"........
Just almost got it @Macho :lol:

The push notification had this story with an almost identical title

20210421_160048.jpg

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'm thinking that, unlike UEFA, big clubs would be able to say "enough" if they continue to abuse the market. With UEFA, you have bureaucrats, you can buy them and there's no control.

It's just my thoughts on this though, of course, hard to say what would actually happen but I would expect that Arsenal would be able to compete again.

But one thing is certain, nothing will change now and we're still gonna wait for leftovers from City/Chelsea
With the right DoF/Management team I think we could compete in the PL as it stands. I don't think we have to spend what City do to put up more of a fight in this league than we have done lately, as long as we are smart with the business we do.

I personally think not much would have changed in a ESL format with regards to Kroenke especially since we'd have had no punishment for losing in that format.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Glad it's all over. Got a lot of respect for the footballers who defied their owners like Jordan Henderson. Hell of a player and a terrific captain. And the managers like Klopp and Pep, who said they didn't like it. Shows the disconnect between the owners and the practitioners.
Some members of this forum deified our owners and the execrable Perez.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

My first time I've been able to post since our withdrawal, last time I was on, I think I was close to only just over 200 pages. When I first read the Arsenal letter hours ago I was so pleased but I was also a bit shocked tbh considering it had only been around 2 days, I would have thought it would be more then that. When I read that all 6 PL clubs had withdrawn later though I was even more surprised.

I am so pleased the club listened to the fans for once & accepted they made a mistake in joining, we probably made the best statement out of the lot I thought tbf though. Our main issue now isgetting rid of Stan & Josh Kroenke, if/when we do I'll be pretty happy, about 100x more then I was this morning.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Sky saying there are senior people and executives at these clubs that didn’t even know their owners signed up to this.

How is this possible?

Alright, let's think logically. These owners are not going to make a decision like this without consulting people to find out if it is possible legally and to hear feedback in general.

Did Kroenke for example, outsource all of this to independent firms and counsel that have never done any work for the club before and instructed them not to speak to any other executive at the club about it?

That doesn't sound right to me at all and looks like the clubs are trying to paint some of the execs in a good light to keep the fans onboard with some of the current management structure.

This is a pretty common business tactic when one executive does the dirty work or gets thrown under the bus when **** hits the fan while the others act pig ignorant and pretend to be the employees' friend.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I was sat in the toilet this morning pushing out a log and realised that between my last two dumps, the ESL had been born and died.

Quite fitting that such a terrible idea be equated to the intricacies of bowel movements :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sky saying there are senior people and executives at these clubs that didn’t even know their owners signed up to this.
A senior executive of one of the 'Big Six' believed on Saturday morning his club was set to agree to Champions League reforms rather than be part of the proposed European Super League. In news that illustrates the chaos surrounding the failed launch of the breakaway it can be revealed that momentum for the now-aborted ESL began little more than 24 hours before the first reports of its existence emerged.

Until that stage Juventus president Andrea Agnelli appears to have discussed the proposals directly with club owners and without the knowledge of some of the senior executives involved even though they would have to try and implement it. Agnelli along with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, Liverpool owner John W Henry and Manchester United’s Joel Glazer were the main driving forces behind the formation of the breakaway. All four took up roles when it was announced on Sunday night.

The rush would help explain how ill-thought through the launch of the ESL was, with a formal announcement after 11pm, and how poorly it was dealt with from a public relations point of view. It was in keeping with its poor conception that it fell apart less than 48 hours after it was announced with clubs relenting under the backlash from fans, players, their own staff, the media and authorities including the UK Government.
From what the Telegraph are saying, it's Chelsea or City most likely.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Stan ain’t telling any of the clowns at Arsenal what he’s doing. I bet it was at Arsenal.

Yeah, I told you, I'm obviously not an expert with insight into the hierarchies of Arsenal, but it really doesnt take one much to say with confidence that 6 men decided on this and that's it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Alan Smith and Paul Mersin need to step up!
Paul Merson is more of a Chelsea fan than Arsenal. And Alan Smith comes off as way too political and reserved to go off about something. He wouldn’t ever show the passion we saw from Neville and Carragher.

Media is quite biased against Arsenal imo. The ‘arsenal’ pundits they get often are very balanced compared to pundits of other clubs, sometimes they even have strange agendas against us like Keown at times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just almost got it @Macho :lol:

The push notification had this story with an almost identical title

View attachment 2601

You were pretty much spot on.

Some of us were laughing yesterday that The Athletic seemed to be all over the place yesterday and didn't know who to blame.

Top Bottom