• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What about Man City? Looks like everyone is perfectly happy that they were able to buy their historical status

Yeah, apparently the PL has been run great the past two decades. No one cares that Chelsea and City bought the league with blood money. But those same clubs want to establish a ESL (and cut Sky out of the pie more importantly) and it's awful.

I threw my hands up in the air when I saw journalists and fans alike proclaiming City and Chelsea the good guys and saviours of English football

carlito'sway

Established Member
It definitely is, but with the right format like I'm saying, would you say the same? Relegation and promotion ON with fewer clubs compared to the CL? I can't understand what UEFA wants to achieve by inviting every farming club from the east, it's just super boring for the most part

Comments like that are just deplorable. SMH.....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It will be Liverpool or United, not us...we are never getting rid of the Kroenkes sadly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If it would be any other business I would agree, but if you truly know what footbal is about in Europe, you could see the ESL will never happened.

There's been a lot of talk about tradition and fan culture, and that's clearly a reason why the American franchise model won't be accepted in Europe. But a more pressing reason actually is just about practicality and player development. This whole business runs on one key product: footballers. Footballers are produced very differently in Europe to how athletes are produced in the states. In the US they play for their high school, then college, then they go pro. Some footballers here start out at big academies, but most start out at small clubs and the good ones work their way up.

An American franchise model wouldn't work, not because the fans would be angry, but because eventually you'd run out of footballers. The football pyramid isn't some misty-eyed fan tradition, it's literally the factory of the industry, it's where the product of the 'content' comes from.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Like essentially the football pyramid exists in the US entirely within the education system. It's so innately different, it's an entirely different species of sports model. These aren't things you can mix together. It's not like mixing a labrador with a spaniel, it's like trying to mix a dog with a cat. You can't do that, I tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom