• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Kroenke must be rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of this Super League. I bet he's been 100% in on this from the first moment the idea was floated.

Why bother having to spend and struggle to achieve results in a very competitive PL and potentially miss out on huge amounts of revenue each year from not qualifying for the CL.

On the other hand, just sign up to the Super League, do F all and still earn more in revenue than any non Super League club while constantly being a bottom dweller in a competition with no chance of relegation.

That's a wet dream scenario for Stan.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also I guess UEFA and FIFA could win if they ban all transfer dealings between their clubs and the ESL.

The one advantage they have is that so many players come through their academies and if you can keep them in your leagues for as long as possible you can eat into the ESL viewership.

MBappe, Haaland and Ronaldo were all products of non super league teams for example.

Lots of players come through Barca and Chelsea academies as well of course but if there are no clubs they can loan them out to then that will hurt them as well.

Whatever they do they cannot happily let the Premier League and the others become feeder leagues. Once that happens they’ve lost and football is gone forever.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Basically this?
And are the players ready to ditch both the domestic league & international football for the Super League?
Feels like the penalties will be too massive to do it.

New CL agreement = More money for the soulless billionares. The soulless billionares win yet again and things will get worse.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Basically this?
And are the players ready to ditch both the domestic league & international football for the Super League?
Feels like the penalties will be too massive to do it.

Possibly, but how are UEFA going to even get close to matching the figure of $425m for each of the clubs mentioned? You get about a third of that for winning the Champions League and these clubs will all be getting it guaranteed.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Also I guess UEFA and FIFA could win if they ban all transfer dealings between their clubs and the ESL.

The one advantage they have is that so many players come through their academies and if you can keep them in your leagues for as long as possible you can eat into the ESL viewership.

MBappe, Haaland and Ronaldo were all products of non super league teams for example.

Lots of players come through Barca and Chelsea academies as well of course but if there are no clubs they can loan them out to then that will hurt them as well.

Whatever they do they cannot happily let the Premier League and the others become feeder leagues. Once that happens they’ve lost and football is gone forever.
There's probably so much **** FIFA/UEFA can do against the ESL, I honestly can't see it taking off.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
when you see its Florentino running the show good bet looking at a similar set up to the European Basketball have ended up with

League system​

Starting with the 2016–17 season, the EuroLeague operates under a league format.

• EuroLeague (2016–17 to present): The champions of the best European national domestic leagues, along with some of the other biggest teams from the most important national domestic leagues, playing in a true European-wide league system format. The league culminates with a Final Four.

Let's play Aubamawang

Ah there we go, the whole idea is scrapped now. :lol:
Why does he need 4 season tickets? Glad you asked.

One for him.
One for his massively overinflated ego.
One for his narcissism to fester.
And one for him to rip apart when he gets really angry and turns green.

As for the Super League idea? It sucks. As much as it pains me to watch us suffering now, just imagine what it would be like getting battered regularly by City, Barca, Madrid et al. No thanks, I'll take my pain and suffering to go. Black, with no super League sprinkles.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think it will happen, Barca are on their arse as are the italian clubs and the yanks love money!! Cvnts!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Does Piers still go to matches, thought he stopped after what happened after the UEFA Cup final in 2000?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He's a far left communist who organised Rebecca Long Bailey's campaign to sell UK to the IRA. Don't trust him, he hates our government for procuring vaccines and is a Russian sympathiser

Damn, I was wondering who he was but this is all over the top.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's supposed to be a midweek competition that replaces the CL.

The most fascinating aspect is that FIFA and UEFA want to ban any players who play in the SL from their international competitions, so the World Cup and Euros won't be the same.
Does the name Kerry Packer mean anything to you?
Possibly, but how are UEFA going to even get close to matching the figure of $425m for each of the clubs mentioned? You get about a third of that for winning the Champions League and these clubs will all be getting it guaranteed.
By hounding them out of competitive football. They've already dangled carrots like reserving places for teams which don't qualify, that doesn't work and they will try and ruin these clubs. They can make life very, very difficult, with the assistance of politicians who seem to be united against the idea. The breakaway league may find itself being banned from tv on countries which don't have any teams in them. The players will be banned from international football, so end of exposure for many players on the big international stage.

These guys are trying to be Amazon and Google and claim they are bigger than nations, federations and the world football organisations. They may find they have bitten off more than they can chew.

People are fickle, when they realise how boring a sterile, stagnant bunch of clubs playing each other gets they will revert to watching the (cheaper) but more competitive set-up involving thousands of clubs and before too much time has elapsed the "giants" of world football may find they have been supplanted in people's affections by other teams.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom