• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaze_of_glory

Perez just exposing how cheap Uefa are ffs. guy afraid of nothing.
By save football he means save the profits of the big clubs. If they are losing money they should simply sell players, buy cheaper ones and see where they end up.

Relegation should be on the table for everyone. If a club is too big to fail it should be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm curious to hear from some of our members in their late 30's and beyond what the mood was when the PL format was announced. I was like 4 and in America at the time so don't remember life before a PL but were there similar discussions about the health of the sport or was the concept well received in those early days?

Papa Wonga

Established Member
So what happens in 37 years time when the top 12 want to split from their own league and create the Super super league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm curious to hear from some of our members in their late 30's and beyond what the mood was when the PL format was announced. I was like 4 and in America at the time so don't remember life before a PL but were there similar discussions about the health of the sport or was the concept well received in those early days?
Wasn’t that just a rebrand though?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

By save football he means save the profits of the big clubs. If they are losing money they should simply sell players, buy cheaper ones and see where they end up.

Bundesliga style communism now.

If these billionaires are losing money hand over fist let big Government and the ruling bodies help put restrictions in place to help them keep their money out of football.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Old Phil would have been all over this. Biggest shame is he isn't alive to see it. You get the feeling he sacrificed the rest of his life for this so we could spread our wings.
Nice profile photo, I don't know if anyone's ever told you but you have an uncanny resemblance to Prince Philip

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My memory is that it wasn't that controversial, nothing like this for sure. The complaints about money ruining the sport are very old though, that is nothing new.

This is on a completely different level. Once you remove relegation, and basically close the shop...that is unprecedented in football.

Top Bottom