• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The most disgusting thing about all this is that we've sat through near enough a whole season of some of the worst football I've ever seen an Arsenal side produce, to then find out right at the end that it has essentially been pointless. We've all wasted our time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Normally when people say something is definitely going to happen, then it's not happening.

The only downside is I bet Arsenal will be the only club to catch bullets from this, when all the teams give up on this plan :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The most disgusting thing about all this is that we've sat through near enough a whole season of some of the worst football I've ever seen an Arsenal side produce, to then find out right at the end that it has essentially been pointless. We've all wasted our time.

Just wait until we go 1 - 35 in the Super League next season 🙌🏻

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I feel a bit more relaxed after this.

Basically the plan seems to be “We’re here and UEFA is over. Everything will continue as normal because...”

All posturing from them but it seems our yank owners are gullible enough to trust Perez.

"Well, who would've thought that a man with such a sweet name like Flowerintino Peréz would use us to get more money from UEFA and leave us to die when we got banned from Europe and relegated in the league!" Said Vinai to Arsenal Player in an exclusive interview.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Normally when people say something is definitely going to happen, then it's not happening.

The only downside is I bet Arsenal will be the only club to catch bullets from this, when all the teams give up on this plan :lol:

Feel like Perez is playing a game here. Him and Laporta don’t want to break the wheel but squeeze a bit more out of UEFA.

Probably have sold Stan, Henry and the Glazers on this no relegation thing and we’ll be left holding the bag when it goes tits up after Boris slaps the PL with all sorts of crazy new laws as punishment.

blaze_of_glory

Feel like Perez is playing a game here. Him and Laporta don’t want to break the wheel but squeeze a bit more out of UEFA.

Probably have sold Stan, Henry and the Glazers on this no relegation thing and we’ll be left holding the bag when it goes tits up after Boris slaps the PL with all sorts of crazy new laws as punishment.
Big Wengz said from the start the goal is to destroy the Premier League....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Perez has roped in all our dumbass owners, for his own gain...what a guy!

NZgunner

After reading the proposal I'm actually quite comfortable with this, especially,

"Midweek fixtures with all participating clubs continuing to compete in their respective national leagues, preserving the traditional domestic match calendar which remains at the heart of the club game."​

So what I'm seeing is the big European clubs thumbing their noses at UEFA and their European competitions - but that they are still committed to playing in their domestic leagues. Of course they expect to make much more money out of it, and the lure is definitely the financial certainty of top tier competition every year - just look at how much it hurts us not to be in the UCL.

The non-founding members hate it because it will widen the financial gap, and the ESL clubs will be even more financially dominant in their respective leagues than they are now. But just look at the way the big clubs are being gobbled up one by one by shady mega-corporations who think legitimate business transactions involve attacking rivals with cattle-prods - it's not like the money coming into some of the dominant clubs is less tainted than this idea.

The FA and the FL will have to back down because they know that a competition without us is a watered down competition that will have less appeal and less money.

Of course given time the ESL may become more important to Arsenal than the EPL - but that isn't guaranteed.

And let's not forget women's football - this looks like exactly the sort of competition that will help the game.

Top Bottom