• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So they can then play the SL the following year, perhaps finish above 2 or 3 of the 12 teams, but because they're not a founding member get chucked out of it again. Sounds really fair that.

Isn't that what would happen in the champions league :lol: :lol: think about what you're saying. They would get knocked out of the group stages or knockout stages of the CL, and not be in it again next season due to not finishing near the top 4. In fact it did happen, one off events should be rewarded, but you can't continuously reward a one off event.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
City in particular are probably looking at this and seeing it as a great chance to look the good guys and make United and Liverpool (and Arsenal and Sp**s) look the real bad guys in English football.

City's owners care about the PR even if Kroenke, FCB and the Glazers don't. And Abrahmovich, might try to bargain with the UK government over this. I certainly would if I were he.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Never seen anything like this from Sky, they’re absolutely petrified of this happening. They’re quoting anybody who is against this, actually encouraging people to kick off. They don’t give a **** about anything but keeping the PL as popular as they can.

Assuming it doesn’t go through, watch as they change their tune on clubs being banned and talk about how the PL needs the top six.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Isn't that what would happen in the champions league :lol: :lol: think about what you're saying. They would get knocked out of the group stages or knockout stages of the CL, and not be in it again next season due to not finishing near the top 4. In fact it did happen, one off events should be rewarded, but you can't continuously reward a one off event.
No I'm saying they could finish above any number of teams in this SL but because they're not a founding member they'd lose their place over teams that they've proved themselves better than over the course of the competition. It doesn't have to be Leicester either, could be Roma, Monaco, Ajax or whoever you want to name that has progressed far in the CL lately.

What if a Porto say even won the thing but maybe didn't win their domestic league? Are they not allowed back next year either because they're not a founding member? Pure elitism.

Vicki

it will be interesting to see if this format is their final offering or just first negotiating point

the 12/15 founding clubs + 5 guests is a piss take but if that ended up 15 & 15 or a wider two tier system with relegation & promotion maybe it is seen at the better option
There are 2 leagues planned

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah like previously mentioned, there will be huge divide within this super league too. Same 4-5 teams at the top and in the playoff picture, same 4-5 teams at the bottom with nothing to play for halfway through the season. Owners gets paid regardless so that's irrelevant.

They'll probably come up with something to reward failure to keep the fans of the teams at the bottom engaged.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Never seen anything like this from Sky, they’re absolutely petrified of this happening. They’re quoting anybody who is against this, actually encouraging people to kick off. They don’t give a **** about anything but keeping the PL as popular as they can.

Assuming it doesn’t go through, watch as they change their tune on clubs being banned and talk about how the PL needs the top six.

Watch Sky change their tune when ESL offer them the TV contract! :lol: Tbh I dont think it'll happen anyway, too many obstacles to overcome.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom