• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Facts.

Btw how does it feel to be London’s elite club AM representative?

I'm not sure how I feel. The common bond between me and you lot over the years was the repeating cycle of false hope followed by abject misery and disillusion. I'm still waiting for the false hope to end. I refuse to actually hope.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Salary caps and revenue sharing are good. I don't think what was being proposed was really that close to the NA model though. A closed elite league that will only further entrench the profits of big clubs and protect them from being challenged on merit is not really the NA model.

These guys wanted the worst aspects of both worlds
First of all though and the bigger problem before we can even tackle this issue:

We don't have the governing bodies to make a solution work.
In a century of football the only thing they could come up with to battle rich clubs and even the playing field was FFP.

I mean, that says it all. Discussion is done. Top Leagues need fundamental changes.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The UK government could legislate to that effect. Doubt it will happen, but think with Labour and the Tories maybe, just maybe animated and united enough. In a populist fever. I for one am hoping.

Yeah, that's what I meant about using the momentum. Going against the owners right now would be a massive political W for everyone, and it's in the UK's best interest to control this thing long term. They just witnessed the potential walkout of a money printing machine.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure how I feel. The common bond between me and you lot over the years was the repeating cycle of false hope followed by abject misery and disillusion. I'm still waiting for the false hope to end. I refuse to actually hope.

Thought you’d blown it against Bruce but results still going your way 🙌🏻

Gunners1616

Now expect all the "non greedy 6" to be extra motivated against us...

Same with the referees as well. Kroenke really just f*cked us with 0 repercussion. Now our reputation is tainted even more.

Maybe instead of protesting we should try to seek the help of the government against American owners. Kroenke net worth is 5 times the market value of Arsenal. The only way he leaves is if he is loosing money.

We cant stop buying marchandise or going to the stadium. The club is too big for that. But if the government tax American owners harder they'll have to sell. Just need Boris to threatens them financially.

Melquiades

We also need transparency. Transfer fees, agent fees and any other ammounts involved in player's deals should be public in order to allow for better governance.

100%

As a Canadian hockey fan, the lack of transparency in the EPL (and all of European football) is absolutely stunning. And is very obviously a breeding ground for corruption.

I know every contract clause for every player on my NHL team with absolute certainty. Plus all contracts are standard and built the same way so nobody can insert any weird ****. That nobody really knows exactly what Willian makes or what the terms of his deal are is just insanity. Stone age 3rd world stuff.

Top Bottom