• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roz

Fake News Merchant
The sad thing about all of this is that its clearly evident more than ever that not a single person at Arsenal has any balls.

KDB, Pep, Henderson, Milner, Rashford, Bruno etc all came out BEFORE the thing was scraped. Auba deleted his twitter. Our club lacks leaders and soul and even after staying its still the same.

Until the Americans go and Arsenal people buy the club it will be like that. I'd happy set up a monthly subscription to help be part of a fan group/owners group.
Loool. Wouldn’t want you near a group that made decisions. You wanted Saka to leave to City not too long ago.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This whole fiasco should see the term big 6 dumped, should stop Uefa pandering to England, Spain and Italy and bring reform across Europe.

What will happen is Sky will praise the big 6 for seeing the light, more concessions will be given to these nations and top level European football will become a closed shop for the 99.9% of clubs.

Already back to the way it was. Nothing but praise from Lineker and Neville for the clubs just because the status quo is maintained.

There has to be punishments and changes or I’m done. Games gone.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Just wanted to quickly share the activity graph of these past two days and compare them with other periods.

View attachment 2596
  1. Arsenal 0 - 3 Liverpool
  2. Arsenal 1 - 1 Slavia Praha
  3. Sheffield United 0 - 3 Arsenal
  4. Slavia Praha 0 - 4 Arsenal
  5. Arsenal 1 - 1 Fulham
As you may see, the activity after a matchday drops quite a lot, but it wasn't the case after the Fulham match and then the news of ESL.

This thread was a fantastic example of fan unity in sharing of the condemnation and outrage over the ESL project.

Well played to most of you and let's keep the discussion civil ☺️

#KroenkeOut

I think a new member category should be instituted and all those who supported the ESL on this forum should be demoted to Clown.

giphy-downsized.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

There's no good owner of any sort, but ffs, this is actually LEVELS above our ****** Kroenke.

He'd never do that, did he even ever really address the fans, just once ?
Probably shooting some rare animals as we speak, disgusted.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Look at this sh*t @Tir Na Nog 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lineker is a such a fool. No-one should be patting themselves on the back today.

We've stopped the game from getting worse, it's still very bad as it stands.

Stopping the Super League is a battle won. Reforming football root and branch is the war we need to win.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No-one opposed to the ESL is trying to make out that UEFA are the good guys though.

The core issue is corporate greed and anti competitiveness. That's an issue with UEFA / FIFA / PL, any major football club. But acknowledging those issues with the game as it stands and then pushing for the ESL which is an even more more egregious example of greed and anti competitiveness isn't the answer to any sane person.

Acknowledging these issues with the game as it stands and thinking the solution to corporate greed and a lack of fairness is to make it even more greedy and unfair, is just bizarre.

None of this is about liking or sticking up for UEFA / FIFA etc. They're knobs, they just happened to be the lesser knobs on this one particular issue.

The ESL should be consigned to the dustbin of history and we desperately need real meaningful reform of the institutions in charge of the game and club ownership etc.

No-one is happy with how the game is run at the moment. Instead of patting ourselves on the back about the ESL folding let's all club together as fans and put pressure on the decision makers in the game to enact root and branch reform.
The thing is I did want it to go ahead. But I would have booted all the teams out of their national league and other European competitions. Let them play each other meanwhile restoring a level of competition unseen domestically for near 3 decades.

Football as it is now isnt competitive. Once the CL draw is made you know which teams will qualify. You know once the last 16 draw is made which teams will make it through. The whole system is designed for those teams to make it through.

The Premier league has the same teams near promoted and relegated every other season. You can say who will win the league before a ball is kicked with a high degree of certainty. What we have is the illusion of competition. Two teams fighting for 1st. 4 teams fighting for 3rd and 4th. 10 teams fighting against relegation and the rest just happy to be there.

I don't like it. I think the super league solved a lot of issues but only if they were banned from other competitions. Anyway it is what it is. Its not happening and Uefa will concede more to these same clubs rather than reforming the system to take away their power. To chase Barcelona over their billion debt which is killing Spanish clubs who run efficiently. The game is dead under the Uefa and Fifa cartels.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Already back to the way it was. Nothing but praise from Lineker and Neville for the clubs just because the status quo is maintained.

There has to be punishments and changes or I’m done. Games gone.
That's why I was pushing for *burn it all down*. Because I knew in the best case scenario of the super league gone pressure will flat out immediately. It's what happens when you have a *united enemy*.

UEFA and Fifa will get out of this scott free. The best we can hope for, for the moment is get the United, Liverpool and Arsenal owners out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Loool. Wouldn’t want you near a group that made decisions. You wanted Saka to leave to City not too long ago.
Didn't want. Just said he could develop there and actually win some major trophies. Play CL etc. Especially while this club is going backwards.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Read the statement Arsenal have put out just now, basically what I was saying all along, we joined because it was happening and wanted to protect the club.

It's a shame the Kroneke's meant none of it, I am sure plenty of board members were made to believe otherwise.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lineker is a such a fool. No-one should be patting themselves on the back today.

We've stopped the game from getting worse, it's still very bad as it stands.

Stopping the Super League is a battle won. Reforming football root and branch is the war we need to win.
Exactly - these knobs have short memories. The project big picture fiasco was less than a year ago. They’ll just take a more insidious approach like rigging coefficients to favour the wealthiest clubs.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The sad thing about all of this is that its clearly evident more than ever that not a single person at Arsenal has any balls.

KDB, Pep, Henderson, Milner, Rashford, Bruno etc all came out BEFORE the thing was scraped. Auba deleted his twitter. Our club lacks leaders and soul and even after staying its still the same.

Until the Americans go and Arsenal people buy the club it will be like that. I'd happy set up a monthly subscription to help be part of a fan group/owners group.

Nah, theother players you mentioned had managers who backed them, our players don't. They were likely Instructed by Arteta ot to speak, and had they done so, they know for a fact what will happen to them after Özil's example.

Don't blame our players. Auba posted that he wasn't allowed to speak about the ESL in what seemed like a mess of a post. I think he was just telling us the way it is surreptitiously.

Whilst other players work for an English club, Arsenal players play in a Stasi state.

CJJ

Established Member
For the first time ever I'm actually "excited".
Excited to see IF this anti-owner momentum can bring more. I have absolutely no clue if its even possible to bring the sort of change we actually want in football, with less focus on $ and more focus on the fans, but if there's ever a chance to force it through, its now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

How can Lineker come out and say that rubbish?! These clubs aren't doing a good thing, they're just stopping themselves from doing a bad thing. Muppet.

Kris

There's no good owner of any sort, but ffs, this is actually LEVELS above our ****** Kroenke.

He'd never do that, did he even ever really address the fans, just once ?
Probably shooting some rare animals as we speak, disgusted.
Well, that's a great PR, talking about horrible pandemic and importance of fans only hours after having totally disregarded them. But overall I agree, it should be the owners doing the apologizing not the middle man.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
13m ago An email from Phil Macdonald: “The silence from Old Trafford continues to highlight the spectacular disregard the Glazers and Woodward have for the clubs supporters. No apology, no mention on their social media sites other than a terse statement that they are withdrawing for the ESL. The billionaire sharks have circling our beloved game getting ever closer. Fortunately, they have received a punch on their greedy noses from the football loving community. Shame and them and shame on us for allowing these money driven owners to nearly ruin our heritage and history.”

It is quite obvious that the Glazers have no regard for the fans or the club, it is just a vehicle to funnel and extract money. What they do care about is money, and it was interesting to see the club’s share price plummet through Monday and Tuesday. However, it has only fallen to the level it was at before Sunday night’s ESL announcement, which is still a little depressing.

870.jpg

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah, theother players you mentioned had managers who backed them, our players don't. They were likely Instructed by Arteta ot to speak, and had they done so, they know for a fact what will happen to them after Özil's example.

Don't blame our players. Auba posted that he wasn't allowed to speak about the ESL in what seemed like a mess of a post. I think he was just telling us the way it is surreptitiously.

Whilst other players work for an English club, Arsenal players play in a Stasi state.
You could be right but I dare say if Henderson and Milner were told not to say anything they still would have found a way to communicate their message.

What Auba wrote was a load of crap. All he had to do was share or post a subtle photo.

Anyway club still a mess, manager still failing and owners who have no interest in football still owning. And no doubt a new range of Arsenal wear will be on sale today and the tops for next season will be £90-£100.

Vicki

What are our values and traditions? We've been lost/dead for over a decade.

I've been a fan since 1998/99 but I can't even tell you what they are.
Fan since 1970
Family have been supporters since The Arsenal moved to North London.
My Uncle worked for the Club in the 50s.
My Grandad had 8 shares that were given to family members on the birth of another Gooner.
that 'tradition' sadly died a long time ago.
Season tickets since the 50s, a family member at every home game since, til Covid

The 1990 Bond Scheme was the first indicator that something was wrong.

Then of course the destruction of our home to build Appartements for yuppies

The 'emirates', the Board and their BS, and then Kroenke, the new badge, playing in whatever colour the shirt manufacturer suggests, recruiting mercenaries, pricing real fans out of the Club, etc., etc

Values and traditions?

They were already mostly dead in 1998/99

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Barnes comes out with some sh*te but he's pretty spot on here. Player wages is one of the biggest problems in football. De Bruyne wrote a lovely message on his social media inveighing against the super league, but he's just signed a new contract worth maybe 300k a week or more. Haaland is being hawked around Europe and Raiola wants millions in commission. There needs to be legislation capping agents fees and player wages.

Don't get me wrong the players are blameless in the fiasco this week, but if we're talking greed in football then they aren't blameless and the agents aren't blameless. How many squads agreed to a wage reduction to help in the pandemic? Hardly any. When it comes down to it most players try to get as much money as possible and don't give an inch, even if it's more money than a normal person could spend in their lifetimes.

I do get the 'they're just taking their fair share' argument, but also the cognitive dissonance to have sympathy for people who earn 100k a week is just weird. We treat footballers like they're social workers, only they receive much more reverence than social workers.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Well, that's a great PR, talking about horrible pandemic and importance of fans only hours after having totally disregarded them. But overall I agree, it should be the owners doing the apologizing not the middle man.
The problem is I believe it more from the middle man than from the owners.

For example while Liverpool has his owner making the statement its purely a pr statement. While ours, whatever you may think about it, was way more honestly written.

One came from someone that couldn't give a crap, the other came from an unfortunate soul that was thrown to the wolves. I, at least, care about the one thrown to the wolves.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom