• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roz

Fake News Merchant
Didn't want. Just said he could develop there and actually win some major trophies. Play CL etc. Especially while this club is going backwards.
That would be great leadership though eh? Things ‘aint going well for us as a club lads, Bukayo, Emile, pack your bags. You’re moving to Manchester.

Kris

The problem is I believe it more from the middle man than from the owners.

For example while Liverpool has his owner making the statement its purely a pr statement. While ours, whatever you may think about it, was way more honestly written.

One came from someone that couldn't give a crap, the other came from an unfortunate soul that was thrown to the wolves. I, at least, care about the one thrown to the wolves.
I agree with this. The apology from them is definetly more sincere. Just the dilemma is that the actions they are apologizing for aren't really their own doing.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I agree with this. The apology from them is definetly more sincere. Just the dilemma is that the actions they are apologizing for aren't really their own doing.
I'm sure plenty of people at these clubs feel shame. We as fans feel shame about it too after all.

#KroenkeOut #GlazersOut

Vicki

Read the statement Arsenal have put out just now, basically what I was saying all along, we joined because it was happening and wanted to protect the club.

It's a shame the Kroneke's meant none of it, I am sure plenty of board members were made to believe otherwise.
what other board members?

at other clubs?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The problem is I believe it more from the middle man than from the owners.

For example while Liverpool has his owner making the statement its purely a pr statement. While ours, whatever you may think about it, was way more honestly written.

One came from someone that couldn't give a crap, the other came from an unfortunate soul that was thrown to the wolves. I, at least, care about the one thrown to the wolves.
John Henry knows stuff like this is out there & how the Liverpool cult actually did get out the last owners. :lol:

45B609F200000578-0-image-a-9_1509046520826.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said when ESL was announced that American owners dont understand the history of the game, the importance of competition. They think fans are here to plough money in with no return. Its now clear, American owners may know business but they don't know football!

Taneruit

Established Member

I said when ESL was announced that American owners dont understand the history of the game, the importance of competition. They think fans are here to plough money in with no return. Its now clear, American owners may know business but they don't know football!
As already pointed out I do think they understand the importance of competition at the highest level. American sports do have that with more diverse winners. They just can't understand any levels to it.

They don't understand the principle of working your way up or down. They don't understand why anything beyond the champions league even exists or at the very least is connected to it. That's why they found it a swell idea to just bunch some of the biggest clubs into their own little league.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Look Arsenal have been moving mad for awhile, regularly getting embarrassed in Europe by teams like Bayern. Currently we're struggling to even reach the top 6 positions. It's not good and it makes me sick seeing this inconsistent mediocrity. However, other teams also struggled just as much if not more than we are.
Liverpool for instance, went through some bad periods during the late 2000s and early 2010s. They didn't win a trophy for six years, yet you always felt their fans were united through these years because of a collective awareness towards their club values.

The first step is to remind yourself why you support this Arsenal; our core values, traditions and history. Once you do this and truly believe you must unite with fellow Arsenal fans, build a good positive prideful vibe towards the club.

Debate and criticism is everywhere nowadays and can't be avoided. Obviously we welcome this, but blatant disrespect or Arsenal fans on social media platforms who continually do not reflect the club's values must be called out and condemned. Even yesterday I had to call out and argue with that guy Turkish from AFTV because he was silently sat there on a podcast allowing fans from rival club's to disrespect us as if we are some small club.

Such ignorance is completely at odds with what Chapman, Wenger and Arsenal stand for. It's turning a blind eye to this sort of thing that has kept Arsenal fans in a low state of vibration which the English media who have a direct agenda against us, take advantage of.

So the main thing is to remind ourselves as much as possible why you support this club and the values.
Rocastle told us to never forget who we are. I haven't and I never have. Wenger told us yo cherish the values of the club abd I do. If I slip up, I always reset myself. Too many of our fans want quick success at the expense of our values. Too many threw those values in the gutter when they mistreated Wenger. Too many so called legends never defend us because they're stupid but also because they don’t recognise or identify with this version of the club. AFTV and every member are a scourge. I'll say no more about them in case I say something beyond the pale but this group are largely responsible for the disrespect we attract. Many of senior players are useless. How can we expect respect when so many champion a player who threw the shirt and armband to the ground? How will we gain respect if we're a retirement home for Chelsea pensioners. The standards of the club are so low that we barely have any. I absolutely respect and largely agree with what you say but atm, it feels like being an expelled Russian noble given refuge in a bedsit in Bermondsey in 1918.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
As already pointed out I do think they understand the importance of competition at the highest level. American sports do have that with more diverse winners. They just can't understand any levels to it.

They don't understand the principle of working your way up or down. They don't understand why anything beyond the champions league even exists or at the very least is connected to it. That's why they found it a swell idea to just bunch some of the biggest clubs into their own little league.

The fact that 3 teams get relegated every season is the main factor in "competition" teams are playing for their lives. Thats why you get small teams beating big teams every season. This is what I meant by them not understanding the importance of competition. Their swell idea was to make as much profit as possible and they thought fans would be excited to watch them do it! They completely misjudged what makes football the biggest sport in the world!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Barnes comes out with some sh*te but he's pretty spot on here. Player wages is one of the biggest problems in football. De Bruyne wrote a lovely message on his social media inveighing against the super league, but he's just signed a new contract worth maybe 300k a week or more. Haaland is being hawked around Europe and Raiola wants millions in commission. There needs to be legislation capping agents fees and player wages.

Don't get me wrong the players are blameless in the fiasco this week, but if we're talking greed in football then they aren't blameless and the agents aren't blameless. How many squads agreed to a wage reduction to help in the pandemic? Hardly any. When it comes down to it most players try to get as much money as possible and don't give an inch, even if it's more money than a normal person could spend in their lifetimes.

I do get the 'they're just taking their fair share' argument, but also the cognitive dissonance to have sympathy for people who earn 100k a week is just weird. We treat footballers like they're social workers, only they receive much more reverence than social workers.

Yeah, kind of good points right there, 2 actually.
First, players earn way way way too much money for what they do and this has to be changed and capped significantly but probably wont happen.

Secondly, you are pretty much only being able to get rid of owners with new owners that are 99,99% likely to act in the same interests.

Taneruit

Established Member

The fact that 3 teams get relegated every season is the main factor in "competition" teams are playing for their lives. Thats why you get small teams beating big teams every season. This is what I meant by them not understanding the importance of competition. Their swell idea was to make as much profit as possible and they thought fans would be excited to watch them do it! They completely misjudged what makes football the biggest sport in the world!

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean by football having levels and working your way up and down. Not saying anything different except that this very concept is something Americans don't have. The only kind of competition they are aware of is at the very top level.

That's also for example why tons of talented athletes have no chance in american sports. There's no Ian Wright or Jamie Vardie over there. They don't exist.

They just don't get football. Even aside from profits. The unwillingless to learn the nuances of our sport proves they have nothing to do here and shouldn't be involved.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom