• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The fans have saved nothing. Listening to the pundits is painful. We cannot buy back these clubs can we? We were happy for them to come in and buy our clubs and pump millions on the field to win trophies and get the glory. As fans we have an emotional value and attachment to it. We deliberately refuse to see these guys are business men. For example when RBS called back a 350M loan on Liverpool , the Americans came in and bought the club to prevent it from going under. They won the CL and PL years later. The fans were loving it, but it is a business for the Americans.

Look at the combined debt of the dissolved ESL group over the past 2 years due to the pandemic. Who is going to foot that bill ? Add to it the demand by fans to still go out every summer and buy the best players. Yet keep ticket prices down and keep merchandised product prices reasonable. This is what they are facing and this is the reality we cannot ignore. Arsenal took a loan few months ago and non of it is going into the field to buy players. How do we even think we can by players and amass a CL standard group next season to play in the CL if indeed we manage to sneak into it? Fans see glory and the emotional value attached. These guys see that too, but must manage it as a business. Else they may ladden the club with heavy debts. As a business these guys are thinking about alternative revenue generating mechanisms. This is no justification for the ESL , but a simple reality these owners go to bed every night thinking about.

UEFA , FIFA , and the domestic Leagues see this as a threat to what they control. This is not about fans. It really annoys me when they use fans , culture and history to make their argument. It is about how they must keep power from a potential break away mechanism. This is not about us , ticket prices etc.
You don't have to convince me for sure!

I'm disappointed with so many people on this forum... For years I've been reading stuff like how boring our European games are (that was going on while we were in the CL playing farmers from the east), how bad FA and UEFA are, how City/Chelsea are buying whatever they want and we can't, how FFP failed...

In the end, fans sucked off Neville, Sky, UEFA, FA, sheiks from City and PSG, rich owners cheating FFP.

Just gonna say, let them enjoy it, they're gonna moan as soon as City invests more in their reserve RB than we do for the entire squad, and UEFA and EPL won't do anything about it like they never did.

When people start to pretend that Man City has some history, you know it's rough. They've just bought their success, but fans were praising them yesterday like there's no tomorrow.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm disappointed with so many people on this forum... For years I've been reading stuff like how boring our European games are (that was going on while we were in the CL playing farmers from the east), how bad FA and UEFA are, how City/Chelsea are buying whatever they want and we can't, how FFP failed...

In the end, fans sucked off Neville, Sky, UEFA, FA, sheiks from City and PSG, rich owners cheating FFP.

Just gonna say, let them enjoy it, they're gonna moan as soon as City invests more in their reserve RB than we do for the entire squad, and UEFA and EPL won't do anything about it like they never did.

When people start to pretend that Man City has some history, you know it's rough. They've just bought their success, but fans were praising them yesterday like there's no tomorrow.

Who on this forum said this at all? No one was saying how great Neville and UEFA were yesterday.

Just because we don’t want to suck off some billionaires and their **** idea doesn’t mean we love the alternative.

Everyone on here wants actual change.

glitchform

It's alright mate. We also saved the careers of Mike Dean, Craig Pawson, and Stewart Attwell.

African Flair

I kinda a mad that they did pulled out. It's have never been as clear that owners don't give a **** about anything other than their countless stacks of cash. It's sickening. Before they went ahead and complete redo the sport, not a second of thought was made about what fans and all whoms works around and within the game thinks. Otherthan that we're like coke heads, that we will buy whatever bullshit thrown at us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Who on this forum said this at all? No one was saying how great Neville and UEFA were yesterday.

Just because we don’t want to suck off some billionaires and their **** idea doesn’t mean we love the alternative.

Everyone on here wants actual change.
You do, every time they break FFP, every time a new sheik comes in and buys whatever he wants. You just wanna fight American owners because they are not doing the same.

You don't want change, you just feel miserable because we don't have a criminal owner who supports slavery in Qatar, our owner is a guy who has no interest in football.
Go look at the Kroenke thread, everyone wants him to do what Qatar guys do. None of you guys want things to be fair so stop pretending

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not much would change, we're gonna see PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern every season anyway, it's just gonna be less money in football. It's tough for English clubs (for ones that don't spend 300m on fullbacks), others will be there by default anyway, but naive fans will think they've saved something.

American owners weren't any different from others in all of this, they've just built a bad reputation before the announcement. Fans may kick them out of football one day, only to end up with criminals from Russia, Africa, and Qatar.

Money is the root of all evil, as they say. The more money the more criminals you attract. I gave up ages ago thinking we would one day have a genuine owner who put football first. I'm happy to take my chances with another owner because I don't see how they can be any worse than KSE & Kroneke.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
not a fan of that CL rule but it got the required votes from all member clubs

guess bigger clubs happy for the get in free card & smaller clubs happy for more places + more guaranteed fixtures each year

horrible organisation but its more open & fair than whatever the **** ESL was :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe an unpopular opinion here but I actually think that the CL reform in terms of the coefficient thing isn’t exactly shocking. It’s a middle ground between the traditional CL and the disgraceful Super League.

Big clubs pay a lot of money for their players + wages and are responsible for a lot of the income that UEFA make at CLs and ELs. I know it’s unfair but considering how greedy the owners are I am not surprised at all that this was put in.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Money is the root of all evil, as they say. The more money the more criminals you attract. I gave up ages ago thinking we would one day have a genuine owner who put football first. I'm happy to take my chances with another owner because I don't see how they can be any worse than KSE & Kroneke.
Said to the other guy, you guys only want Kroenke to invest billions as Qatar guys do, you don't want a football owner. Owner who "cares" for you is the owner who will invest and cheat FFP
There's enough evidence of that in Kroenke's threads

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I am currently listening to the Sky Sports reaction to the super league collapse from yesterday.

These two absolute assholes went on about their own clubs’ owners (Glazers and Henry) saying they need to go and things need to change but literally didn’t mention Kroenke at Arsenal and how we have literally plummeted as a club since he came in. **** you Neville and Carragher for not putting a spotlight on him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That would be great leadership though eh? Things ‘aint going well for us as a club lads, Bukayo, Emile, pack your bags. You’re moving to Manchester.
I was looking at it from the players view. No fan or club. What's the matter you American and taking offence that I want them out of my club? And trying to invent something to hit me with? Stick to the topic mate!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You do, every time they break FFP, every time a new sheik comes in and buys whatever he wants. You just wanna fight American owners because they are not doing the same.

You don't want change, you just feel miserable because we don't have a criminal owner who supports slavery in Qatar, our owner is a guy who has no interest in football.
Go look at the Kroenke thread, everyone wants him to do what Qatar guys do. None of you guys want things to be fair so stop pretending

When the f-ck have I ever said this you melt? Ive said for years that football is unsustainable and it needs fairness.

Barking up the wrong tree here bro.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Said to the other guy, you guys only want Kroenke to invest billions as Qatar guys do, you don't want a football owner. Owner who "cares" for you is the owner who will invest and cheat FFP
There's enough evidence of that in Kroenke's threads

You can believe what you want. I see you voted in favour of ESL. I've nothing else to say!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You can believe what you want. I see you voted in favour of ESL. I've nothing else to say!
At least I'm not pretending like others. Same people who are against ESL will want Kroenke to invest his own money, so cheating is only right if Neville and Sky approve it

Latest posts+

Top Bottom