• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bet you Kroenke is making Vinai refund the club for the minutes he's spending making these calls.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s a bigger disgrace than signing up for TSL if he keeps his job. Every single one of them needs to **** off.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I see it daily here in Brazil. Middle-class is conned by the elites to elected a so-called "economic liberal" in Bolsonaro. We need a free market!

He gets a Chicago School guy to be his Economy Ministre, they want to raise the value of the US Dollar so that commodity sellers get more money. Prices of rice and meat go up to unprecedented levels because it's more lucrative to export, than sell internally.

Middle-class goes: 😲
Elites go: 💰🤑 .

The paradoxical nature of freedom must be understood in order to be able to properly understand what a truly free market actually entails. Absolute freedom includes the power to restrict freedom, which can result in an entirely unfree society. This is the reason why "laissez-faire" approaches to capitalism always result in anti-competitive behavior, reduced investment and risk-taking potential for the middle class and the working class and disrupted socioeconomic mobility as a result.

I'd argue that the displacement of the post-war Keynesian consensus by Chicago School neoliberalism, combined with a globalist sentiment based not on universal solidarity but complete disregard for localism in human societies, is one of the worst disasters to strike humanity. Much of the social upheaval we see around us in the post-recession climate is attributable to neoliberalism.

It appears that we've learned nothing from the consumerist excess of the 20s, followed by the Great Depression, followed by people's desperation leading to the rise of populist totalitarian regimes and total war. We've just about repeated the same cycle, the only reason we haven't encountered fascist or communist regimes yet is because there wasn't a preceding war and because we had at least some regulative measures, many of which were directly influenced by the aforementioned experiences, to stop the recession from snowballing into a full-on depression. We still are encountering a rise of populist politics owing to the economic troubles of the middle class and the working class and the disregard for local employment and labor rates by way of outsourced jobs and mass immigration aiming for cheap labor.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
When is somebody from Arsenal going to speak to the fans?

Something has to happen, someone has to pay. I hope all the clubs will get heavily punished, deduct points if you have to.

if there is no clear rule against this, I don’t see the justice in punishing the clubs.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah, I know of him. I don't really like Glenn, he's seen as a saint here by the left because he helped bring Moro's Hero of the Republic facade down... But Greenwald is kinda of a **** to other people.

Personally, I think Moro got everything he deserved. Dude made his bed, thought Bolsonaro would keep his word that he would have carte blanche to do with the Justice Department what he felt was necessary, and then got shafted by Bolsonaro like all his other allies-turned-enemies. Just like in Italy, where a judge helped bring down the mob, it all came crashing down when the judge decides to go into politics. If you asked me if I think Lula is innocent or didn't know of the rampart corruption happening during his goverment, I'll tell you that I don't think that's at all possible.

But if you ask me if it's correct to void his convictions because the Judge presiding over his case was colluding with the DA's office, than I'll have to say yes, because you can't have that happening.

Ironic, since Moro aledgelly studied and based his Operation Car Wash stuff based on it. Seems he skipped the most important lesson.

GG is a complete ****, a misogynist and a scumbag in his own rights. He is also white supremacist adjacent, spouting crap regularly with Tucker C on Fox. Here in the US, he is toxic and widely hated by progressive (for good reasons). idf it was for him, Trump would still be president.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Today I'm kind of learning about the real delusion some fans have. I loosely knew a Chelsea rent boy who went to the protests and he's making IG posts saying "today is the day Chelsea saved football". It's one of the most hyprocitical things I've ever seen in my life. This all transpired due to teams like Chelsea and Manchester City being allowed to literally elevate themselves into the elite by just being state owned or owned by Russians who earned their billions in extremely suspect ways. I see Arsenal, United and Liverpool on one end of the spectrum with Chelsea, City and PSG on the other side. Our greedy money hungry venture capitalists were about to do something very telling of the way they are. But we have stopped that as fans. However, Chelsea and City did something just as ridiculous but completely got away with it. They are clubs born out of the lack of regulation from the PL and UEFA as they brought massive amounts of money into the game. More traditional clubs are probably sitting there wondering how many clubs are going to overtake them just because their owners sit on oil, this was a retaliation to that and UEFA's failure to regulate spending and enforce FFP (FFP has been an asbolute disgrace). This has pushed clubs on the other side of the spectrum to attempt to take a stand (ofc in a horrendous way). So the fact Chelsea and City even had the outright audacity to be in a super league which prevents any competition + other clubs to break through into the elite (like they did) is just as vile as the other clubs trying to make it. Anyway, one of the reasons they pulled out was because it doesn't really help them tbh, they would need to be in it to keep up with revenue, but at the end of the day this puts clubs like Madrid, Barca, United, Arsenal and Liverpool on a much closer perch financially to them. It's probably in their best interest it doesn't happen.

Today I leave my home to go to the gym and realise I had put on my Arsenal hoodie (just out of muscle memory). I had to turn back and change because I was too embarassed to even wear our badge. I get to the gym and then there's this guy sporting the Chelsea kit while working out like he's 'so proud of his great club', just like that guy who made the IG post. Its just delusion, football has been a pile of **** since it started allowing just about anybdy sign a club and do what they want with it. Look at the direction Chelsea went after their takeover compared to us, completely opposite. I hate football.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah, I know of him. I don't really like Glenn, he's seen as a saint here by the left because he helped bring Moro's Hero of the Republic facade down... But Greenwald is kinda of a **** to other people.

Personally, I think Moro got everything he deserved. Dude made his bed, thought Bolsonaro would keep his word that he would have carte blanche to do with the Justice Department what he felt was necessary, and then got shafted by Bolsonaro like all his other allies-turned-enemies. Just like in Italy, where a judge helped bring down the mob, it all came crashing down when the judge decides to go into politics. If you asked me if I think Lula is innocent or didn't know of the rampart corruption happening during his goverment, I'll tell you that I don't think that's at all possible.

But if you ask me if it's correct to void his convictions because the Judge presiding over his case was colluding with the DA's office, than I'll have to say yes, because you can't have that happening.

Ironic, since Moro aledgelly studied and based his Operation Car Wash stuff based on it. Seems he skipped the most important lesson.

Lula made some mistakes during his tenure but he did a lot to lift the life of poor and middle class people in Brazil. If one has to choose between him and this fascist Bolsonaro, it is a no brainer.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Lula made some mistakes during his tenure but he did a lot to lift the life of poor and middle class people in Brazil. If one has to choose between him and this fascist Bolsonaro, it is a no brainer.

Oh, I agree 100%. Even my dad, who is right of center and voted for Bolsonaro, will rather be caught dead than vote for him again. Only the hardcord Bolsonaristas are with him now, country's plunged in chaos and death and there's only one person who is the constant in all of this.

Bloodbather

Established Member

So the fact Chelsea and City even had the outright audacity to be in a super league which prevents any competition + other clubs to break through into the elite is just as vile as the other clubs trying to make it. Anyway, they pulled out because it doesn't really help them tbh, they would need to be in it to keep up with revenue, but at the end of the day this puts clubs like Madrid, Barca, United, Arsenal and Liverpool on a much closer perch financially to these sides. It's probably in their best interest it doesn't happen.

I don't think that's the reason they pulled out, though. City's ownership looks at the club as a marketing/image building tool for Abu Dhabi and UAE in general, while Abramovich looks at Chelsea as a hobby. Ultimately they probably concluded the project wasn't worth it as neither truly had the profit motive the other clubs had. The ones that really wanted the money were the Spanish and Italian clubs because they wanted to cover their heavy debts accumulated due to terrible money management. American-owned English clubs just looked at it the way an American sports venture capitalist would because they don't understand football. You are completely right that they shouldn't be allowed to get away from the fact they were willing to throw the tradition of football and those clubs away for purposes of money, though. You can't take a dump in the middle of the room and expect credit for cleaning it up.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
GG is a complete ****, a misogynist and a scumbag in his own rights. He is also white supremacist adjacent, spouting crap regularly with Tucker C on Fox. Here in the US, he is toxic and widely hated by progressive (for good reasons). idf it was for him, Trump would still be president.

Yeah, when he came on the scene he was a sound progressive, but then something went wrong with him following the Snowden affair. He went full on militant and began to sound more and more extreme, and blinkered.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't think that's the reason they pulled out, though. City's ownership looks at the club as a marketing/image building tool for Abu Dhabi and UAE in general, while Abramovich looks at Chelsea as a hobby. Ultimately they probably concluded the project wasn't worth it as neither truly had the profit motive the other clubs had. The ones that really wanted the money were the Spanish and Italian clubs because they wanted to cover their heavy debts accumulated due to terrible money management. American-owned English clubs just looked at the way an American sports venture capitalist would because they don't understand football. You are completely right that they shouldn't be allowed to get away from the fact they were willing to throw the tradition of football and those clubs away purposes of money, though. You can't take a dump in the middle of the room and expect credit for cleaning it up.
Yes I was just listing an example financially/competition wise of why they wouldnt even need to be in it anyway. All the things you said are correct.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I thought there was some master plan behind all this. Like after all these years, they had the consequences figured out and were prepared. But no. All they got was a free destruction of relations with the fans and nationwide humiliation. Really baffles me how they just went in not expecting all this backlash? As if they expected British fans to sit back, drink some tea and behave like nice gentlemen lol whilst they got away with it.

Top Bottom