• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceman10

Established Member
The ESL was a concept many thought was inevitable down the line, no one thought it would happen so soon, but Covid played a part in that.

The good news is this clumsy tried and failed effort changes the inevitability of the breakaway now.

The bad news is once the project was announced I knew a "blink" would be a very bad scenario for Arsenal. We are already a club going through challenging times, but now we are being villainised instead of City and Chelsea in part due to the nature of Sky Sports and in part due to misguided stupidity that is an element with all "populist" uprisings. Furthermore we are now weakened with leverage all gone and the status quo that was already not good for us puts us in danger of a pathway from here of further significant decline.

There is only one possible silver lining here because the status quo of government and media does not really want a 50+1 ownership model, just the way things were before this flamed out ESL drama. That silver lining is the brand and value of Arsenal is so tarnished that the Kroenke's have to sell to Dangote. That's the only glimmer of hope to hold to right now, and it feels horrible, because I doubt his money is pure, only perhaps less impure than Russisn oligarch, Middle Esst, and ChiCom money.

It's just an "if you can't beat them, join them" solution, but that's all we have as I see it right now, especiially with current stupidity where Chelsea and City fans have no conscience, and think their clubs are heroic (smh).

If Dangote does not buy here we are all going to have to further endure diminishment of ths club, both on and off the pitch. Remember that managers are only brought in to fit a profile the Kroenke's want, with associated constraints.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Perez obviously a hypocrite there, but so is UEFA and I hate it so much.

Also, as much as I'd like to see it as a win of the people, the main factor probably was City and them sharing interests with PSG rather than the others.

Don't think the fans have been the main player there, probably not even the government, just the sheihks not going along

akhil

The ESL was a concept many thought was inevitable down the line, no one thought it would happen so soon, but Covid played a part in that.

The good news is this clumsy tried and failed effort changes the inevitability of the breakaway now.

The bad news is once the project was announced I knew a "blink" would be a very bad scenario for Arsenal. We are already a club going through challenging times, but now we are being villainised instead of City and Chelsea in part due to the nature of Sky Sports and in part due to misguided stupidity that is an element with all "populist" uprisings. Furthermore we are now weakened with leverage all gone and the status quo that was already not good for us puts us in danger of a pathway from here of further significant decline.

There is only one possible silver lining here because the status quo of government and media does not really want a 50+1 ownership model, just the way things were before this flamed out ESL drama. That silver lining is the brand and value of Arsenal is so tarnished that the Kroenke's have to sell to Dangote. That's the only glimmer of hope to hold to right now, and it feels horrible, because I doubt his money is pure, only perhaps less impure than Russisn oligarch, Middle Esst, and ChiCom money.

It's just an "if you can't beat them, join them" solution, but that's all we have as I see it right now, especiially with current stupidity where Chelsea and City fans have no conscience, and think their clubs are heroic (smh).

If Dangote does not buy here we are all going to have to further endure diminishment of ths club, both on and off the pitch. Remember that managers are only brought in to fit a profile the Kroenke's want, with associated constraints.

If Kroenke puts in 100 million of his own money this summer and buys a couple of big names, fans will forget immediately. There will be plenty of fall guys before these guys heads are anywhere near the chopping block.

This is just a blip in PR for the likes of him, the fans ability to hurt him without damaging the club is very very slim here. Any collective action to hurt the club in the short term along could snowball on the pitch as well and death spiral into mediocrity pretty fast.

There are a whole lot of sanctimonious sharks who will capitalize on this vulnerable state the big clubs have dug themselves in. Any of the other 14 clubs in the PL would have gladly said yes to those terms if they were offered to them. This is a welcome distraction from the perpetual corrupt circus that is FIFA and UEFA.

akhil

Also, as much as I'd like to see it as a win of the people, the main factor probably was City and them sharing interests with PSG rather than the others.

Don't think the fans have been the main player there, probably not even the government, just the sheihks not going along
Germans with their ownership structure could never have agreed to this either. Probably never had the ability to.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That is the thing, people sometimes tend to believe because these guys are billionaires they are also the smartest. This is often not the case. They live in a bubble and are simply not that smart either, no too mention being arrogant. Those clowns could not have ****ed up this venture more if they had tried.
Flo Perez is the perfect example.....His train wreck of an interview Monday night was evidence that these guys are totally clueless and way over their head.

It is very bizarre the way some people fetishize billionaires.

Most successful people are very smart in one very narrow field and the really, really successful / wealthy people have the talent for surrounding themselves with people who know more than they do.

Like listen to Elon Musk talk about a subject he's not well versed on. He's far from impressive. In fact he's a bit of an idiot :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The mini tournament in Portugal last summer made the CL a lot more interesting imo. The games came thick and fast, one off games are far better as a lot of ties are over by the first leg in some of the two legged ties.

Perez is right the CL just isn't interesting anymore, who the **** cares about the group stages apart from the odd game? The SL wasn't the answer but we're gonna need a far better solution than what we have now.

Iceman10

Established Member
If Kroenke puts in 100 million of his own money this summer and buys a couple of big names, fans will forget immediately. There will be plenty of fall guys before these guys heads are anywhere near the chopping block.

This is just a blip in PR for the likes of him, the fans ability to hurt him without damaging the club is very very slim here. Any collective action to hurt the club in the short term along could snowball on the pitch as well and death spiral into mediocrity pretty fast.

There are a whole lot of sanctimonious sharks who will capitalize on this vulnerable state the big clubs have dug themselves in. Any of the other 14 clubs in the PL would have gladly said yes to those terms if they were offered to them. This is a welcome distraction from the perpetual corrupt circus that is FIFA and UEFA.
Getting Kroenke's out is something that unifies our fans right now, after they've been split after the last few painful years that ended up with Arsène exiting. It's fine for anger and energy to be channeled, kicking off with protests on Friday, but yeah, fans are going to have to organise and think strategically, because it s a steep task to achieve the end goal.

I agree on the corrupt status quo. Also curious on some of the sympathies going unchecked about bllionaires going through a Covid economy. For the super-rich, particularly in America, it hasn't been hard to make hay out of the last year. Although the Kroenke's have debts it is also quite likely they bought up a lot of assets giving them pretty high returns. Not sure if anyone has the inside track on that, and despite the $5bn stadium.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He said that Turkish sides wanted to join but he said no because people don't want to watch that and it won't make money. But he invited Sp**s. Sp**s over a massive Turkish fan base, what a businessman!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our participation in the Super League was Kroenke's way of financing the club with the capital it needs, he knows that we wont be getting the money we need in any other way.

Which is why Kroenke needs to go, and we need a billionare owner who will invest in the club. First, to help us recover the Covid losses and second, to build the team.

As @Iceman10 says, we are on our way down now. Midtable mediocrity with rubbish football is going to be the norm for us from now on. This only changes with City/Chelsea like financial injections.

The goodness of Arsenal Football Club has now completely left with Wenger, we are now a soulless, struggling corporate machine, instead of a corporate machine with some love for us supporters.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought the pandemic CL format in one city with no second legs was a winner.

Gave me World Cup vibes. I know they love second legs because more matches mean more money but I’m tired of it.

Even the field so every group game isn’t irrelevant by putting wage caps in place and the standard in the groups improves.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

City is Abu Dhabi, PSG is Qatar, what interests are they sharing exactly? Qatar was under a Saudi & UAE boycott as near as last year. If anything, they are rivals. City backing out will have had a lot to do with the positive press PSG got for not joining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom