• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We shouldn't laugh at/mock anyone who protests (well, unless they bring a guitar or something) least they are trying to make a difference, tbh.

Looking foward to seeing our Jack, lead a group of drunk chavs, as they smash up The Armoury tomorrow night :drool:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't dislike Josh as much as his dad. At least he engages with the fans some what. This is what i'm saying with the whole getting Kroenke to sell up. I have a small amount of faith in Josh to make the club good, definitely over getting some random billionaire in. But whilst Stan's here I guess it doesn't matter.
Personally I wish he'd never been born because if he didn't exist there would be no succession and we'd know there was a time limit to the Kronke domination of the club.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Now when is Teta apologising to us?
tumblr_m5ymktTkPW1qhaz39o1_250.gif

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Having smelt the coffee a wee bit it's abundantly clear that you're not gonna get government legislation, 50+1 or any such sweeping changes to the fundamental ownership structure of English football. I mean very obviously these people own the clubs, you can't just wish that away or requisition them, and even if you could requisition them there is 0% chance that a hyper neoliberal conservative government is going to be the one to do it. The most you might get, if you're lucky, is mandatory fan consultations.

So clearly the core of the super league idea isn't going away, it's not been defeated, it's just been heavily wounded by a laughably bad PR fiasco. This probably forces the decision-makers, who thought they were the smartest people in the room, to actually go out and hire the smartest people in the room, who over the course of the next couple of years will work on and develop the idea.

Eventually it will come back, with much better branding, with much better preparation, and with all the necessary big clubs actually on board (this idea goes nowhere without Bayern for example), and people will accept it.

If it would be any other business I would agree, but if you truly know what footbal is about in Europe, you could see the ESL will never happened.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If it would be any other business I would agree, but if you truly know what footbal is about in Europe, you could see the ESL will never happened.

Spanish fans were all in on this. If they had gotten a goverment or two to pitch in, it could happen, right pockets weren't lined, is all.

Doesn't help when your charm offensive is being led by a man completely high on his on farts.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Everyone smells their own farts though, canny beat a dutch oven.

Side note, but growing up I shared a bedroom with my older brother and he was taking Albumin for mass (this was before protein shakes) and good god his gasses were toxic, gag inducing bombs. Could probably light the whole house on fire, weapon grade stuff.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Side note, but growing up I shared a bedroom with my older brother and he was taking Albumin for mass (this was before protein shakes) and good god his gasses were toxic, gag inducing bombs. Could probably light the whole house on fire, weapon grade stuff.

BEFORE protein shakes, jesus how old are you ;)

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Spanish fans were all in on this. If they had gotten a goverment or two to pitch in, it could happen, right pockets weren't lined, is all.

Doesn't help when your charm offensive is being led by a man completely high on his on farts.

No they weren't, at least the socios, beacuse there was no official voting on it.

Doesn't really matter if the Spanish are in on it because you'll never get the support across Europe which you ultimately need if you want to succeed. The appeal of the asian/american foerign fan paying for streamable content won't be enough.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No they weren't, at least the socios, beacuse there was no official voting on it.

Doesn't really matter if the Spanish are in on it because you'll never get the support across Europe which you ultimately need if you want to succeed. The appeal of the asian/american foerign fan paying for streamable content won't be enough.
The media, specifically the sports media, was like 100% behind it. Spanish society and fans have been conditioned over the years to believe that Real Madrid and Barcelona ARE Spanish football. Their triumphs reflect on the glory of the nation and therefore they have to be strong and pandered to even if the rest of the teams suffer. Atletico were just happy to be invited.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We'll see about that with time, looking at my nephew and his friends, new generations absolutely don't care for the history of some club or competition, they will even support other clubs if players move to them, they just want to be entertained.
Perez was right about that, but he made a complete mess with his "no relegation" crap, he should've created a normal league and I'm sure Real would never be relegated, just as they always participate in the CL

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol ESL was a mess I'm sorry. Not sure how any fan could back that, that's not from a high and mighty moral perspective either - it was just wrong on a lot of levels.

I hate that Neville and Sky have become heroes out of all of this though, I wonder what they would have said if they had exclusive coverage of it.

Them rallying the public and using nationalist terms to incite the English watcher at home just wasn't right. As if they forget they are behind a paywall and even tried to charge ppv for fodder matches on top of that too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
lol ESL was a mess I'm sorry. Not sure how any fan could back that, that's not from a high and mighty moral perspective either - it was just wrong on a lot of levels.
It definitely is, but with the right format like I'm saying, would you say the same? Relegation and promotion ON with fewer clubs compared to the CL? I can't understand what UEFA wants to achieve by inviting every farming club from the east, it's just super boring for the most part

Latest posts+

Top Bottom